Page 7 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 2567891217571075071007 ... LastLast

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Well, not really. While the coin evaporates quicker it also travels faster. The two would equalize each other to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    She probably wont use them due to the danger factor (for bystanders). I think she made a projectile out of Iron Sand and used that as a bullet in one of the side novels. Whereas the coin disintegrates after 50m, this "Railgun" went well beyond the visible horizon (she was flying at the time).
    So she CAN replicate Mass Effect tactics! Would she have enough control to launch a whole cloud of that at someone? Or recreate the Thanix Cannon and fire a stream of molten metal?

Those level 5 ESPers in ToAru are pretty broken in power levels. Accelerator can probably bounce back Excalibur, or maybe even Enuma Elish. He was able to STOP THE EARTH'S rotational energy for 5 minutes after all. I'm sure the author didn't calculate the actual power of such an attack, because that would be like 10000000 nukes worth of energy? You'd need some hax like Gea Bolg or MEoDP to kill that.

Also about Mikoto, if she makes a railgun too fast wouldn't the resulting sonic boom from launching the coin shatter her ears and blow back her body?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Well, esper powers in the ToAruverse are based on a theory called Personal Realities, which seem pretty damn similar to Reality Marbles, only without the mana upkeep.

I think Komoe compared it to Schrodinger's cat, only if they thought the cat was dead, it would be dead, and if they thought the cat was actually a dog, it would become a dog.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle DoomRavager's Avatar
    And the reason they don't require mana upkeep is because unlike in the Nasuverse, the world isn't actively trying to crush their materialised internal realities. Or something. So if they tried to use ESP in the Nasuverse through some twisted crossover, would the world crush it?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The abilities are similar, but you've gotta expend at least some mana to get the RM up in the first place, world-crushing or no, whereas ToAruverse don't need that at all. It's like combining the demon hybrids from Tsukihime with Fate RMs. ToAru-verse would probably, at most, develop a headache for as long as hey use their powers.

I doubt. The AIM field pretty much born from the Espers' will and act as "mana". Also despite they constantly generate that AIM field, they don't pollute the entire world with it. Meaning the AIM particles somehow deplete and break down. In short the world's crushing effect works even in ToAru but to a different extend. Espers are just in a better harmony with their Personal Realities. By the way they can still run out of energy or fry their brain if the Espers ever attempt to overuse their powers. It's just not that immediate.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He was able to STOP THE EARTH'S rotational energy for 5 minutes after all.
    He slowed the Earth and instead used the obtained energy to throw it at a building.

I'm sure the author didn't calculate the actual power of such an attack, because that would be like 10000000 nukes worth of energy?
    The numbers used in that image/post were actually very reliant on a irrational number. However, the guy who did the calculations of the attack just changed the number into .35% to make it easier to calculate. This is the problem with really high numbers.

Also his Amazing Punch probably packs more power than Kirei's Eight Postures of the Buddha Guards’ style punch.
    Uhh, a regular delinquent took it 2 times in a row and was still okay enough to ask to be hit by a cooler attack.

Add that Gunha has at least Mach 7 reflexes (he caught Mikoto's railgun shot WITH HIS TEETH) and you get the picture.
    More like a 30% railgun shot into his mouth when he was in the middle of talking.
    Last edited by Cruor; March 15th, 2011 at 04:00 PM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Black Star vs. Kouma
    Member of S.A.B.R.
    "Bonds are ties to each other. I don't think little of that. But the futures we're meant to walk won't come to us with bonds alone. You're responsible for living your own life. That applies even now. We're simply walking on the next stage, is all." - Fudo Yusei

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I wanna say Kouma eats black star's face, but he's actually pretty awesome later on.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I wanna say Kouma eats black star's face, but he's actually pretty awesome later on.
    I know, right?
    Member of S.A.B.R.
    "Bonds are ties to each other. I don't think little of that. But the futures we're meant to walk won't come to us with bonds alone. You're responsible for living your own life. That applies even now. We're simply walking on the next stage, is all." - Fudo Yusei

Sandalphon's worst nightmare AstralSword's Avatar
    New one:

Asuka langley Soryu vs Tohsaka Rin........ in poor ability of self analysis.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Asuka is worse, easily. Because Rin is actually wiser than she lets on, not to mention that she isn't nucking futs.

Jack Rakan vs Archer.

Sandalphon's worst nightmare AstralSword's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Asuka is worse, easily. Because Rin is actually wiser than she lets on, not to mention that she isn't nucking futs.

Jack Rakan vs Archer.
    nucking futs.... LoL

Nah... Asuka is just so damn lonely, like Tohsaka in a very weird way.

Ahem, I believe Archer can't steal Aoko's panties and actually survive.

Next!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Something nice and quick and crazy.

F/SN Medusa vs Castlevania Medusa.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Wonder what would happen when 2 pairs of petrifying eyes intercept...
    Either way, I'd vote for Rider smashing C. Medusa with Pegasus.

Captain Bravo [2 kakuganes] vs Kotomine
    Captain Bravo [2 kakuganes] vs Reinforced Kuzuki

1st case in 1st match is Fate Kotomine, 2nd case is Zero.

Kakine Teitoku vs Berserker(Fate/Zero)

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Kakine creates a twenty ton mass and drops it on Berserker. Problem solved.

Well, even if let's theorize Kakaine can harm Berserker (which he probably can't BTW due to Herc being a Servant), God Hand is going to develop a resistance very soon.
    His hypersonic reactions though at least give him a chance to land an attack before getting ripped to pieces.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    He said F/Z Berserker, and supernatural powers can, most likely, harm Servants.