Page 6336 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 53365836623662866326633163346335633663376338634163466386 ... LastLast
Results 126,701 to 126,720 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by Mementore View Post
    Do you think Mahoyo Touko could fight a weak servant with preparation?
    Well, Case Files Touko gets some style points against Faker with Svin and Reines help... so maybe?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Drizzt vs Ryougi. He knows about the eyes. She has the Katana.
    Bear in mind I haven't read any Drizzt story after the one where he fights Obould Many-Arrows, and that it's often hard to properly translate the physics and intrinsic power level of different settings (what class and level is Ryougi? What does being a level 16 Ranger mean in the Nasuverse, where "normal" humans can move faster than the eye can follow?), *and* that a character's abilities chan change between D&D editions not because of intradiegetic developments but simply because of a change in mechanics (I remember he gained a few levels from 1E to 2E, and all his multiclassing in 3E arguably makes him weaker than he would be if he were a Ranger all the way)... I think Drizzt's magical items would give him the edge even in a straight duel, particularly if he has Guenhwyvar (sp?) with him.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Bear in mind I haven't read any Drizzt story after the one where he fights Obould Many-Arrows, and that it's often hard to properly translate the physics and intrinsic power level of different settings (what class and level is Ryougi? What does being a level 16 Ranger mean in the Nasuverse, where "normal" humans can move faster than the eye can follow?), *and* that a character's abilities chan change between D&D editions not because of intradiegetic developments but simply because of a change in mechanics (I remember he gained a few levels from 1E to 2E, and all his multiclassing in 3E arguably makes him weaker than he would be if he were a Ranger all the way)... I think Drizzt's magical items would give him the edge even in a straight duel, particularly if he has Guenhwyvar (sp?) with him.
    Yeah it's hard to adapt when even the author of Drizzt has stated they don't write with the rules in mind. I think with Gwyn he takes it pretty handily but even without that he would probably pull it off. The strength is probably comparable and I honestly think he's faster than her because of the bracers of the blinding strike. He's at the point where he can't really be followed by a normal person. Remember that those bracers on the arms make it so even Drizzt couldn't follow them. Drow agility and dexterity. His combat skill/technique is probably at least a match for anyone.

I feel like Drizzt would win.

Hasn't he killed Balors, multiple times.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I feel like Drizzt would win.

Hasn't he killed Balors, multiple times.
    Yes. Icingdeath's anti-fire properties are broken now that you bring it up.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I think he killed one Balor who wasn't using his spell-like abilities, only his physical ones.
    Still an impressive feat, of course, but I'd imagine the MEoDP would let Ryougi do the same.

I imagine that Touko within a prepared territory and making some anti ghost puppets or whatever would beat up a servant yeah.

Territory buff alone is a massive game changer tbh for mages

Ushiwakamaru (Rider) vs Tomoe Gozen (Archer), betrayed Minamoto champion battle.

I think Ushiwakamaru has the obvious upper hand here, given the great versatility of Wandering Tales of Shana-oh. She's also a little more resistant (END C vs Tomoe's D) and much more agile. Tomoe has the advantage in range and overall firepower thanks to her (hah!) flames. Tomoe also has better Strength, which gets enhanced by Oni-kind Demon and Adrenaline Rush, but I'm not sure whether it's enough to bridge the gap created by Ushi's agility (can't defeat someone if you can't hit that someone, no matter how strong you are). Tomoe's best way to win would be trying to use the flames for terrain control while keeping her distance and exhausting Ushiwaka so she can land Om Alolik Svaha, but Ushi's kit with Eye of Shiva to change positions in the field and Benkei to tank up to B rank NPs (Om Alolik Svaha can get to B++, though) is pretty much a hard counter to this strategy.

I see it as a battle of attrition, if Ushi manages to get to melee quickly and land a good strike it's her win but if Tomoe can somewhat keep it going for more time it's hers.

Now, what follows is not canon, but Tomoe could have a conceptual advantage against Ushi, as her second Noble Phantasm is related to Fudo Myo-o/Acala, who is said to be the one who binds the Trimurti, the three supreme Hindu gods, Shiva, who is related to Ushiwakamaru through Nasu's beloved syncretism, included.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Even without her sanity, Tomoe had good enough ability and field control that Musashi had an hard time landing an hit and needed Ritsuka's help. Sure, that was Musashi at the start of Shimousa and Ushiwakamaru is more centered on agility than her anyway, but still, I'd say that a sane Tomoe would have good enough chances against her even with all of Ushi's tricks.
    Musashi and Benkei together were also kinda losing to Ibaraki in Onigashima, so at the very least her mobility isn't enough to null a big enough difference in power and range. Dunno if Tomoe is superior enough in sheer power, though.

This is basically going to be a smarter and cooler version of Emiya Alter vs Jeanne Alter, with the exception that Jalter wasn't even remotely comparable to Emiya in tactics and skills while imho Tomoe should be good enough for her strength to bridge the gap in ability with Ushi, unless she's taken by surprise by the variety of her NP.

JP Friend Code
    The moment Tomoe realizes who Ushi is the tactics are getting thrown away, probably along with her long range weapons and what's left is pure enhanced oni rage.
    Which is a bad thing for the latter imho, as I don't really believe the speed difference and NP versatility is great enough for someone stronger and more durable than her not to eventually get a solid hit in and decide the flow of the fight.

Who can write more esoterically, michael kirkbride or nasu

Blog Entries
    Medusa vs Karna

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    What did best Snek ever do to you?

Blog Entries
    But the Mystic Eyes though.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Rider's Mystic eyes are good against people with low Magic Resistance and Mana, not people with B Rank Mana, A Rank Magic Resistance, and bullshit conceptual Armour that reduces everything done to him by 90%

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I hear snake tastes alright once grilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Medusa's Mystic Eyes being Meduseless against Karna, who'd have thought

Blog Entries
    Bruh they really just boosted his MR in extella huh.

IDK I was thinking of more of Apoc!Karna but your right his armor would be the major problem.

Tbh considering Karna is a power type, nerfing his stats is probably gonna be pretty impactful with the eyes.

if his mana stat is ranked down how would that effect Mana Burst and Brahmastra anyway? probably wouldn’t be able to break through Pegasus so it’d come down to Wasabi.

There’s also the what if of Medusa going full Gorgon.

all in all it probably will actually take VS for Karna to win due to Gorgon or Pegasus.

TBH VS is basically I’m forever useless and done after this, so does it really count as a win, or as a suicide tie if you win with it.

It’s actually a good fight tho.