Page 6378 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 5378587862786328636863736376637763786379638063836388 ... LastLast
Results 127,541 to 127,560 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Aqua vitae is something else in alchemy

Thats the waters of life, they tend to all be associated with things you can do with alchemy.

the universal solvent, ect

Saber (with Avalon) vs Karna, both have masters with as much magical energy as Ciel. Who wins?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Feels like Saber takes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    I don’t see how she doesn’t. She has a counter for everything he could throw, and the reverse is not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I am of the opinion Saber can win, or even has the edge without Avalon.

With Avalon it becomes unfair.

I don't really see her winning without Avalon but since she does it's very much her win

I'm curious just what can destroy Avalon?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunhelier View Post
    Avalon itself probably nothing that can't also destroy the whole Earth (not just the upper texture), since it remained untouched by things as absurd as Sefar, Goetia's incineration and the Bleaching.

However you can probably circumvent Avalon used by Artoria in some way, Goetia and Quetz for example can counter Noble Phantasms in general. Mental attacks might work as well as long as they don't need contact with her.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Without Avalon there's no way she tanks Vasavi Shakti.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kubera View Post
    Avalon itself probably nothing that can't also destroy the whole Earth (not just the upper texture), since it remained untouched by things as absurd as Sefar, Goetia's incineration and the Bleaching.

However you can probably circumvent Avalon used by Artoria in some way, Goetia and Quetz for example can counter Noble Phantasms in general. Mental attacks might work as well as long as they don't need contact with her.
    Rather than Avalon it's more like the reverse side of the planet that remain untouched, since nobody of those villain actually went there and just messing with the surface of the planet, if they go there i believe it would be affected as well.

The sheath Avalon is what i cannot understand i mean even if it's shut down all interference from outside up to sixth dimension or whatever it's basic for a barrier to protect anything inside from outside threats so just what kind of attack that can bypass it? Do you need an attack that could reach reverse side of the planet? Can anti-barrier NP counter it?

It's just ridiculous for a fking sheath to be this powerful.

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Something from the seventh dimension? I'm not sure what Nasu means by "up to the sixth dimension" though... Does he mean "dimension" from the point of view of String Theory in theoretical physics? Or does he mean something from mathematical point of view?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Do you need an attack that could reach reverse side of the planet?
    Probably this, since the sheath isn't actually blocking anything but isolating Artoria from the physical plane into the realm of fairies. And since not even the Five Magics can bypass it, well, I don't think there's anything we know of in Fate which could.

Not sure about anti-Barrier NPs. Avalon is more like a portable bounded field so if it's something that can counter any and all Bounded Fields than I guess it could deactivate it? Like how Goetia would simply deactivate the NP.

Basically you need to be indirect/counter it by technicality, but any direct attack no matter how powerful would be useless.

It's basically Artoria's utopia made into a NP, I'd say it makes sense it can just straight up ignore reality.
    Last edited by Kubera; July 14th, 2022 at 04:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    It carries the concept of Ever Distant Utopia, what did you expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    It's more likely for her to strip out her armor too (Saint Seiya style) and go for the beam struggle anyway.
    Last edited by Daiki; July 14th, 2022 at 04:06 PM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It isn't all that ridiculous compared to some NPs, going to fairyland and amazing healing isn't as baffling in concept as a single NP that gives you eleven (restockable) resurrections, ignore attacks that aren't among the greatest attacks of the era, +resist against everything on top of that and also +adaptive resist against everything that hurts you, for example.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

It largely still depends on what you want to do. God Hand is usually more convenient, but Avalon has higher highs and can no sell stuff that would obliterate God Hand.

Blog Entries
    I mean it was straight up a thing in the pendragon saga, that Merlin laughed at Arthur when Arthur stated that the sword was the most powerful and that the sheathe was the most powerful thing he owned
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post

she was able to push back and survive EA a few times so I’m not sure that’s true, but I dont know how well she would be able to continue fighting. Like, is there some kind of scenario where she is able to use Excalibur to counter vasavi and then take advantage of the weakened defense to win? Yeah, maybe…? It’s the kind of thing she would do, but does the weakened defense outweigh the nearly crippling blowback? I dunno.

at any rate it would immediately go from about 90-10 with Avalon in my mind to like 25-75 without it.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

yeah that's the end of the fight
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Even with passive Avalon regen for Fate’s final climax preventing the above CG repeat, still more or less trying to block Ea tornados with Excalibur beam meant she got knocked around the temple grounds repeatedly; just thankfully with Avalon passive, she won’t be lying on the ground with dead fisheyes

Blog Entries
    Yeah but none of those was she really able to maximize Excalibur and right before she sucker punched with Avalon, it’s noted that she was able to step forward after pushing EA back. And it’s likely EA is stronger against Excalibur then vasavi would be. I actually don’t think she would be hit as hard as from EA. That said, I still think the difference would be enough for karma to finish the job