Page 6349 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 53495849624962996339634463476348634963506351635463596399 ... LastLast
Results 126,961 to 126,980 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Arcueid is technically above every existence on the earth.

if Gaia thinks Beasts and LB kings are the threat they will supply Arc with power enough to defeat them.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post

if Gaia thinks Beasts and LB kings are the threat they will supply Arc with power enough to defeat them.
    But doesn't backup from the planet only cover raw power? Does it account for conceptual hax too? Not sure about the remake but for original Arc there's a statement somewhere she'd have trouble against Gil since planet backup would only match his strength and not all his weapons.

US Friend Code
    Remake
    I forget if it was in an interview or the material books but I remember reading something in this last month that Nasu said for the remake that Arc is the strongest being "in the setting of Tsukihime and Mahoyo", which implies that Fate world stuff could still outclass her.

Like Arc may have planetary backup but curse-filled zombie Cernunnos was about to become a planet-destroying black hole.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Wasn't there a statement that Goetia's Ring of Light made of burnt human history exceeded the Planet's energy

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Remake
    That's only at 30%. At 70%, she had the matchup in the bag. Still, I wonder if planetary backup or even her Event Storage and Luminous Body would be enough to take on Lostbelt Zeus with his anti-universe had that Romulus-Quirinus shut down. Also, would she be specifically weak against Rhongomyniad, the Pillar of the End?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Remake
    I forget if it was in an interview or the material books but I remember reading something in this last month that Nasu said for the remake that Arc is the strongest being "in the setting of Tsukihime and Mahoyo", which implies that Fate world stuff could still outclass her.

Like Arc may have planetary backup but curse-filled zombie Cernunnos was about to become a planet-destroying black hole.
    She's probably also helpless against the Insect of the Abyss and can't force an exit like Melusine could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Remake
    Luminous Arc's only disadvantage is that she needs to remain stationary to receive the planet's support, like plants. If she decides to move, her power won't be as nigh-limitless as before. By that rationale, if anything damages earth around her enough she would also be severely weakened.

Speaking of, did the remake specify how large does her Event Storage reach? I thought at first it covers the whole Souya, but then Shiki's school is still out of her reach.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post

Remake
    Honestly Tsuki:RE expansion/buffs and Luminous aren't even really needed for Arc to beat them up. She was always top dog in hierarchy and power both... Ok so 「」-chan may outstrip her in meaning and sor her in meaning and sort of spookiness and the ability to change the world

But doesn't backup from the planet only cover raw power? Does it account for conceptual hax too? Not sure about the remake but for original Arc there's a statement somewhere she'd have trouble against Gil since planet backup would only match his strength and not all his weapons.

Gil's power is less in conceptual abilities and more just the sheer overwhelming variety and bullshit that's essentially "Yeah I basically have everything." It's hard to sort of represent his power in a normal power or backup way.
    For example, in cases where even if the guy's stats are about the same as Arc, he has a ridiculously large number of weapons with high versatility. As the amount Arc is allowed to take out is based on "single entity ability", against types like Gil-sama, well, you see?

You can certainly say that mana bursting, being a dragon and Excalibur are the power of Artoria but it's hard to gauge Gil because his power isn't raw power or something tied to him but just hey I'm going to pull out a hundred anti-moon, anti-earth and anti-elemental weapons, and various things from Japan and South America because that's the only stuff you don't resist. I'll also take out all these healing potions and shields and guard your attacks and so on.

When it comes to say Goetia's Spirit Bomb, or Tiamat having her stats and abilities it'd be something that Arc trumps in terms of ranking and also scale, while also being something that the planet takes into account.

But Tiamat literally has all of Arcueid's abilities, but better, and she has some if the authority of the Earth Mother.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    But Tiamat literally has all of Arcueid's abilities, but better, and she has some if the authority of the Earth Mother.
    Setting aside the power level discussion for a bit, that's just wrong.

The only abilities they have in common are the Self-Modification (and even then it's by different methods) and the lack of a concept of death.

Remake
    The Authority of the Earth Mother that's talked about in CCC is totally different from Arcueid's Event Storage, an actual system of the Planet.

Tiamat vs Arcueid is really just Sea of Life vs Event Storage.

Remake
    Didn't Tiamat also have her own sort of Event Storage and couldn't she have escaped to space with a record of all life on Earth?

Remake
    I don't remember Tiamat having an ability similar to Event Storage.

It might be the anime version of Nega-Genesis, but it's been a while since I watched it.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    She doesn't have one at all, nor did the anime suggest as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Ah, I see. Still, I think she could easily overpower Arcueid.

Remake
    Probably thinking of Nega-Genesis (Anime) which is described as the creation of the World that tries to overwrite the current one, which I could understand being similar sounding to Event Storage in a way.

In terms of systems and rankings and concepts its like the Shadow/Grail versus servants born of it.

In terms of power normal Arc just scales up to Tiamat and beats her up.

If its max power Arc she just beats Tiamat up.

Somehow I don't believe she could scale up that much, and besides, Tiamat has no concept of death so long as one being is alive, and Arc only lacks death under the full moon.

Slight correction, but Tiamat has no Concept of Death AS WELL AS the fact she can't die along as long as any other living being is alive.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Zepia didn't have a concept of death either, till Arc activated cheat mode and Splatooned the moon. I wouldn't put it past the Earth's terminal to be able to cancel an Earth Goddess's, uh, Earth-related abilities.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Didn't Tiamat come from space?
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Not at all.