Page 6338 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 53385838623862886328633363366337633863396340634363486388 ... LastLast
Results 126,741 to 126,760 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kubera View Post
    Can Alcides beat Iskandar without stealing Ionion Heitaroi?
    Maybe, probably.

I feel like if he doesn't have unlimited energy he'd struggle to deal with the combo of IH and Wheel without burning out of energy. Divine Bulls are hard to deal with, although even if he's not at all Herc, I gues he technically has monsterslaying stuff to him so he can deal with them. Not like it'll be a casual they just die thing however.

IH seems like it works really well against him since its decent mooks that'll bleed him dry of energy and he's a ridiculous gas guzzler.

So really I see a lot of ways for Iskander to win.

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The real question is, did Alcides inherit Herk's "die to make other people look stronger" gene?
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    The real question is, did Alcides inherit Herk's "die to make other people look stronger" gene?
    I bet he doesn't even have to die to do that.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Thoughts on Chiron vs Tomoe?
    Both Archers, yeah? Tomoe's fire would make close-combat troublesome for him, but otherwise I think he takes it. He can give her the run around at range with his superior combat Skills and snipe her for the kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubera View Post
    Can Alcides beat Iskandar without stealing Ionion Heitaroi?
    I don't think Iskandar's soldiers can do anything against the skin of the Nemean Lion, and I imagine a combination of Nine Lives, the bow of the Hydra, and Ares' sash can take out the bulls and Iskandar himself.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Tanjiro (Demon Slayer) versus Ciel
    I think this goes to Ciel. Demon Slayer isn't really high on the power level scale. Only Yoriichi can conclusively win against a Nasuverse chara among the humans, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Since ive been in a FF14 mood, who is the strongest character Emet-Selch can take on in fate?

US Friend Code
    Normal Emet or his final boss form?

Ascians are impossible to kill without a blade of light aether though so I guess it depends on what your conditions for "beating him" are. Killing his current body? A normal gun did that in Stormblood. Combat wise he doesn't seem too impressive outside final boss mode, though his creation magic would probably come into play.
    Last edited by Reign; February 21st, 2021 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Normal Emet or his final boss form?

Ascians are impossible to kill without a blade of light aether though so I guess it depends on what your conditions for "beating him" are. Killing his current body? A normal gun did that in Stormblood. Combat wise he doesn't seem too impressive outside final boss mode, though his creation magic would probably come into play.
    Either conditions are fine honestly, but lets go with kill his body in combat

US Friend Code
    It's a tricky question because I don't think we ever see him fight in his Garlean body, so it's hard to know what he can do combat-wise. It's fair to assume he casts darkness spells, being an Ascian. I guess the Lahabrea fight would be a decent enough reference as they're both unsundered.

Emet being a sorcerer of eld would make him equivalent to an Age of Gods mage in Nasu terms, so first and foremost any Servant without some way to deal with AoG magecraft is boned right out the gate. But once that hurdle is passed I don't think anyone who can handle his magic would have a hard time killing him. Like I said a normal gun killed his body in one Stormblood scene, so he's not very tanky.

Its really hard to say in general, how about his boss form then when he stops holding back?

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I don't think Iskandar's soldiers can do anything against the skin of the Nemean Lion, and I imagine a combination of Nine Lives, the bow of the Hydra, and Ares' sash can take out the bulls and Iskandar himself.
    Yeah, how much energy is he gonna have left by the time he's done with them? It's not like Iskander has to sit around while his soldiers are fighting too.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It's not as though Iskander has an answer to basically NP-level shots fired casually by one of the strongest heroic spirits in the first place. His biggest weakness is somebody who can hit him directly, he doesn't have any skills or NPs for personal defence.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    How much energy would Alkeides even have to expend on the mooks when he's invulnerable to their attacks and can just mow them down musou-style?

Considering that they number over 30,000(?), I'd still say quite a bit of energy, especially for a Master without Baz's magic crystal silos.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

They're still servants, some of them are actually somewhat famous, and apparently some are (physically?) stronger than Iskandar himself.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    No doubt some of the people who joined his army were better at being actual heroes. He's good at pointing armies, but has nothing of note in terms of personal prowess.

That said, it's motherfucking heracles. The number of heroes in there who are able to even scratch him is low, actual challengers are even lower, and the heroes that could fight him without getting smushed in half a second will be in the low single digits, if they even exist.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Remember Alkeides doesn't have God Hand, so he could be scratched if enough blows make it through the chinks in the Nemean Lion pelt. That being said, he has a ton of options for clearing mass amounts of opponents. Nine Lives Hydra arrows, the Stymphalian Birds, Kerberos, all of which are super effective at dealing with armies. Not to mention, he has the mud on his side that can make up for his lack of God Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    It's not as though Iskander has an answer to basically NP-level shots fired casually by one of the strongest heroic spirits in the first place. His biggest weakness is somebody who can hit him directly, he doesn't have any skills or NPs for personal defence.
    I'm pretty sure the super zeus bulls aren't going to die that easily. Alka-Seltzer can take them down, definitely, but he's not dealing with them alone and he's ridiculously expensive doing pretty much anything.

I'm very certain that Iskander can outlast a Alcides who doesn't have super cheat godmode exploits like functionally unlimited energy.

It's still like probably a 50-50 fight my dude, but a good chance and Alcides is only going to get weaker as he runs out of energy. The Bulls shouldn't have as much of a problem of sustain and IH doesn't drain Rider's energy, he just pays an upfront cost that's still expensive but manageable.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The super zeus bulls don't need to die, and even if they do, they haven't been said to have any sort of defensive ability, the guy who spent half his legend hunting the deadliest monsters of a pantheon curbstomps. Iskander is basically tissue paper compared to Herc in any incarnation, and he doesn't have anything whatsoever that'll protect him from an archer whose regular arrows hit like lesser archers' NPs.

Seriously, even giving Iskander all the advantages you could reasonably expect (already has the bulls out, already has IH up by the time Herc notices they're fighting), one set of homing dragon lasers and he's the world's biggest, hammiest colander.

This is a terrible matchup for Iskander.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP