Page 6331 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 53315831623162816321632663296330633163326333633663416381 ... LastLast
Results 126,601 to 126,620 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mementore View Post
    When was the first time?
    it is almost like it says "use against large unmoving targets, like fortresses for example" right there in the label

I mean, Bellerophon says "use against armies" on the label, and Medusa mostly uses it for attacking, like, one person.

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    I mean, Bellerophon says "use against armies" on the label, and Medusa mostly uses it for attacking, like, one person.
    you sure it doesn't say "that eats as much as an army" on the label?

Blog Entries
    Nah, saber doesn’t like army food. There was a whole thing about how a lot of her gluttony came from how much it sucked eating food on the March.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Okay, here's one for you:

Each member of the Black Faction from Apocrypha gets their respective Servant from the Red Faction (ie. Gordes gets Mordred, Darnic gets Karna, etc). They then proceed to fight a standard Holy Grail War amongst themselves. Who wins?

Seems like it'd come down to how much mana Celenike/Darnic can provide to Achilles/Karna no?

Okay, here's one for you:

Each member of the Black Faction from Apocrypha gets their respective Servant from the Red Faction (ie. Gordes gets Mordred, Darnic gets Karna, etc). They then proceed to fight a standard Holy Grail War amongst themselves. Who wins?
    It's barely a competition.

The only two servant who could compete with Karna are Achilles and Morderd (not really).

Achilles and Morderd will have no cooperation with their masters, so Karna is the clear winner.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    it is almost like it says "use against large unmoving targets, like fortresses for example" right there in the label
    Anti fort has always been about being able to bust open castles with power rather than anything tho.

also light is fast news at 11

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It's anime light. They have time for a stock phrase or two before it hits.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    If I remember it correctly, Gilgamesh moved out of the way *before* Saber released Excalibur, and he wasn't the target in the first place, it was the Grail.
    Nope just straight up dodged. Doesn't matter if he wasn't the target either. Gil was standing in front of the grail, so he was still in the way.
    And yet—if Saber launched a counterattack on Archer from this position, the impact would wreck the Grail on the stage. Even if Archer took the full impact and was reduced to charcoal, the Grail would also be inevitably destroyed. In that case, all her efforts would have come to nothing.
    The tremendous force of the dual Command Seals ravaged and crushed Saber’s form, at the same time drawing out all the prana that still remained within her body, weaving it into the light of destruction.
    The released beam of light made a cross-section of the entire hall, directly impacting the Grail that floated on the stage. Archer nimbly dodged this attack, but because he was in close proximity to the beam of light, its high intensity made him momentarily unable to execute the attack on Kiritsugu.

Still it's the only example of someone just hopping out of the way of a explosion or beam or any noble phantasm in all of fate really.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Still it's the only example of someone just hopping out of the way of a explosion or beam or any noble phantasm in all of fate really.
    Yet another sterling example of the superiority of the King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    forever overshadowed by Gil, poor Alex

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Yet another sterling example of the superiority of the King.
    In the past, this Heroic Spirit, who possessed great divinity, was apparently summoned in
    the Holy Grail Wars of a land known as Japan. It was said that Gilgamesh’s power surpassed that
    of many other heroes, and that he had emerged as the victor.
    From what Tiné had heard, he was a man of many skills and was competent in all areas, but
    more importantly his combat style was so overwhelming that it gave everyone else pause.

how strong is Himiko exactly?

B++. So, stronger than Herk when her plus modifiers are active.

...Unless you mean overall power rather than "strength".

Blog Entries
    Is that actually saying Gil directly was in front of the blast? the major damage from Excalibur is the point but there is always a certain amount of splash damage involved when it impacts.

Maybe it was trying (in gen’s inept fashion) to convey they were close enough the blast on one would hit the other and Gil skipped out of the AoE zone. Just a thought on my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

B++. So, stronger than Herk when her plus modifiers are active.

...Unless you mean overall power rather than "strength".
    Overall powerlevel

She doesn't seem strong on paper but given that she is an ancient human, she should have a lot of mystery

To be honest, the B++ is probably one of the most impressive things about her. I guess A-rank Magic Resistance is always worth noting as well. But her kit basically boils down to "hit real hard, buff my allies, and predict the future". And she doesn't have any abilities which summon allies for her to command, so in a regular HGW she'll usually just be hitting real hard and predicting the future. She does also have some talent as a magus (A-rank Territory Creation and her Kidou personal skill), but as far as I know, we don't really know what her magecraft is capable of yet, so it's hard to factor that into an overall assessment of her power.

Basically, she seems to be an Artoria who hits a bit harder and has slightly more powerful Intuition, at the cost of having neither Excalibur nor Avalon. She'll probably kick the asses of any mediocre Servants she fights, just due to the combination of great stats and never making any mistakes, but she doesn't seem like she can really rumble with higher-tier Servants.
    Last edited by Holiday; November 20th, 2020 at 08:55 PM.

I somehow doubt the hikineet queen has good martial art skills either so she probably can't take advantage of her I CAN SEE THE FUTURE as much as some others.

Also seeing the future in her case probably doesn't come with super information parsing and computing, so a Sion she ain't.

Really nothing about her is anything new, or special imo other than the B++ strength and we don't even know what activates those mods. I guess maybe it's a special move thing with her Himiko Punch gag. She's very much a matter of FGO making a anime character and modeling a servant after it rather than the other way around if that makes sense I feel rip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mementore View Post
    It's barely a competition.

The only two servant who could compete with Karna are Achilles and Morderd (not really).

Achilles and Morderd will have no cooperation with their masters, so Karna is the clear winner.
    I can see Karna accepting Duel field, who do you think wins then?