Page 6267 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 526757676167621762576262626562666267626862696272627763176367 ... LastLast
Results 125,321 to 125,340 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Achilles is pretty fucking strong, though. I wouldn't count him out even if it is edgelord dino Cu.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    Please Give an example of how much damage that would ammount to
    Getting slapped by a world/A+ shield np is probably enough to kill.

Also the alter throw isn’t a heart stab curse. It’s just homing like normal thrown GB

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post

Also the alter throw isn’t a heart stab curse. It’s just homing like normal thrown GB
    Cu Alter's Gae Bolg is both in one but does recoil damage to him in exchange.
    Gáe Bolg.
    A homing demonic spear missile. Almost the same Noble Phantasm as when usually summoned.
    By throwing his automatic tracking demonic lance, he sweeps up the enemies within range. Since it’s a full-power throw to the degree of being willing to collapse his own body, its power and effective range have risen when compared to his usual summoning. It has an instant death effect against the entire enemy front, and deals great damage in the case of not dying instantly.
    Since he’s throwing 「while regenerating the collapsing body」through Rune magecraft, Cú Chulainn doesn’t receive damage, but can’t prevent the sharp pain.

I mean read what you posted. It is an aiming throw. In other words it’s pretty much like the normal Anti Army with extra damage and a chance to instant kill

not when you are talking about Servants with battle continuation, regeneration and armour.

how many blunt strikes have killed Servants? feel free to number them. i know a lot of pointy and sharp things that have killed Servants, not so much getting hit in the face with blunt force that isnt a beamu

- - - Updated - - -

Arjuna Blanco VS Ice Age Ivan

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    not when you are talking about Servants with battle continuation, regeneration and armour.

how many blunt strikes have killed Servants? feel free to number them. i know a lot of pointy and sharp things that have killed Servants, not so much getting hit in the face with blunt force that isnt a beamu

- - - Updated - - -

Arjuna Blanco VS Ice Age Ivan
    You're speaking like blunt strikes don't do anything though. This isn't just a shield like Leonidas has, it's an almost unbreakeable representation of Achilles's world that so far has only been broken by VS. Cu Alter literally can't do anything to it.

As for Arjuna Alter vs Ivan, probably Arjuna Alter. He has a bunch of Authorities as a conglomerate of the Hindu Pantheon, that I don't see Ivan dealing with that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post

As for Arjuna Alter vs Ivan, probably Arjuna Alter. He has a bunch of Authorities as a conglomerate of the Hindu Pantheon, that I don't see Ivan dealing with that easily.
    the man had the body of a GOD, resisted Anastasia's hax bullshit and Musashi didnt even try to hit him with Void before his defenses were down, so i dont think that it would be super one sided

You’re considering it a normal shield bash. You should consider it more like a nuke or a beam in terms of damage I would say.

Achilles is also the guy that punched through a Servant. And while I wouldnt add that as a feat here, given the circumstances, replacing his fist with a shield that isn't going to be destroyed...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    the man had the body of a GOD, resisted Anastasia's hax bullshit and Musashi didnt even try to hit him with Void before his defenses were down, so i dont think that it would be super one sided
    And? Arjuna Alter has similar bullshit as well, and needed just as much bullshit (including time travel) to take him down. He just has better showings right now.

You’re considering it a normal shield bash. You should consider it more like a nuke or a beam in terms of damage I would say.
    why though?

is Camelot a nuke? is Avalon a nuke?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Achilles is also the guy that punched through a Servant. And while I wouldnt add that as a feat here, given the circumstances, replacing his fist with a shield that isn't going to be destroyed...
    yes and Dracula walks around in France in broad daylight without issues.

sometimes stupid bullshit just happens when accompanied with enough dramatic music and feel-heavy narration.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    why though?

is Camelot a nuke? is Avalon a nuke?
    Bringing up irrelevant NPs is not a great way to make an argument here. Especially when they don't work the same way and have no mentions of being used like how Kosmos could be used.

but if you want to go for that, then Cu still has higher strenght stats so a physical fight isnt advised.

Vlad with a 1 rank strenght boost from his transformation also stabbed through karna's foot, so A rank strenght feats dont seem overly impressive

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Bringing up irrelevant NPs is not a great way to make an argument here. Especially when they don't work the same way and have no mentions of being used like how Kosmos could be used.
    and yet they are all shield NPs.

you are the one that needs to prove that Kosmos is more deadly than a physical shield bash

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    but if you want to go for that, then Cu still has higher strenght stats so a physical fight isnt advised.

Vlad with a 1 rank strenght boost from his transformation also stabbed through karna's foot, so A rank strenght feats dont seem overly impressive

- - - Updated - - -

and yet they are all shield NPs.

you are the one that needs to prove that Kosmos is more deadly than a physical shield bash
    Wtf? Do you not understand that Avalon or Lord Camelot don't work like Kosmos can? Have you actually read the mats, the stories and seen how blatantly they differ from one another while doing the same basic job?

You could start showing why on Earth would Kosmos bashing by the fastest hero be ineffective.

Arthur vs arturia.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I doubt a *shield*'s A Rank translates into the same amount of damage as an *energy beam*'s A Rank, but even so, Curruid Coinchen also increases Cú Alter's defense. With the combination of bony demonic armour + naturally high stats + Rune Magic for reinforcement and / or regeneration, I imagine Achilles will run out of mana before he can kill Cú Alter (assuming Achilles doesn't have infinite mana), and that's even if Cú Alter can't do something like just lifting the "world-shield-bubble".

Also, reminder that the ranged Gáe Bolg took out Karna and would have broken through Lord Chaldeas if not for Merlin.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Achilles is pretty fucking strong, though. I wouldn't count him out even if it is edgelord dino Cu.
    Sure, he's pretty strong, but basically all of the things that make him pretty strong are things Cú Alter has in even higher quantities (strength, speed, durability) or can just ignore (invulnerability). This is like a 17th-level Fighter fighting a Great Wyrm dragon all by themselves.

I think it's pretty telling the first thing people thought for Achilles to do is the exact strategy he never used in the original novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Arthur vs arturia.
    Wouldn't that be just a draw?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I doubt a *shield*'s A Rank translates into the same amount of damage as an *energy beam*'s A Rank, but even so, Curruid Coinchen also increases Cú Alter's defense. With the combination of bony demonic armour + naturally high stats + Rune Magic for reinforcement and / or regeneration, I imagine Achilles will run out of mana before he can kill Cú Alter (assuming Achilles doesn't have infinite mana), and that's even if Cú Alter can't do something like just lifting the "world-shield-bubble".

Also, reminder that the ranged Gáe Bolg took out Karna and would have broken through Lord Chaldeas if not for Merlin.

Sure, he's pretty strong, but basically all of the things that make him pretty strong are things Cú Alter has in even higher quantities (strength, speed, durability) or can just ignore (invulnerability). This is like a 17th-level Fighter fighting a Great Wyrm dragon all by themselves.

I think it's pretty telling the first thing people thought for Achilles to do is the exact strategy he never used in the original novel.

Wouldn't that be just a draw?
    The only thing that has beaten Kosmos is VS. Cu Alter has nothing on par with that, so pretending that he could do anything to it is laughable to be honest.

Cu Alter is A/B+/A+/C/D vs Achilles B+/A/A+/C/D, and the only thing regarding mana drain about Achilles is that he drains a lot while using his chariot. Presumably he's costly due to a few always active NPs, but his shield is explicitly something that doesn't need a lot of power and skill to use, which is part of why Astolfo could use it. Achilles has NPs for speed, and the same rank of Battle Con as Cu Alter. So I'm still not seeing how Cu Alter is going to get past a practically invincible speedy shieldbash that he's not shown he can bypass at all or avoid.

I mean, I don't see Achilles winning against Cu Alter if he doesn't use his shield bash strategy, so if thats what you want to hear then there it is

But I don't see Cu Alter do anything against that shield bash tech, so if Achilles does bring it out I feel like that's GG unless you want to have the argument that "X totally consumes more mana than Y therefore Y wins eventually"

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    If the shield can crush people, then it's a physical object, not just extradimensional shenanigans like Avalon. If it's a physical object, it can be resisted - by, say, a dinosaur man with super strength and endurance and magical runes that explicitly let him regenerate immediately. And honestly, considering the track record of ramming attacks in the franchise, I'd put even money on Cú Alter just dodging it.

Also, Achilles is a mana hog by nature, the chariot's consumption is just high even by his standards. There's a reason the mats explicitly state if he were to use all his Noble Phantasms he'd run out of energy in a normal HGW.

And as usual, there's the matter of whether Achilles can even activate Kosmos before he's Gáe Bolg'ed, considering Cú Alter's Gáe Bolg is a ranged attack.

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Just to clarify the 'blunt damage' thing, since I think not everyone's fully aware, it isn't just that Achilles' shield bash is him hitting you with the shield instead of him punching you, it's that:

Quote Originally Posted by Apo Mats
    In addition, when Achilles alone wields it, this shield can be used to “attack” as well. After deploying the Noble Phantasm, he would aim to crush the enemy with that miniature world by continuously pushing forward. Most likely, Hephaestus never thought of such a method of using it.
    We don't know how strong this is, but seeing it as equivalent to an A+ offensive Noble Phantasm seems reasonable in my eyes. At the same time it's the special mode of his trump card, so it probably costs a fair amount, but Cu Alter hardly seems like Mr. Efficiency himself.

If the question is a clash between Kosmos and Big Thrown Gae Bolg, the questions are how it'd interact with clashing with other offensive NPs, if Achilles can empower it by Going Very Fast like a Castlevania Sonic Dash, and things like that. In the broader context of a fight between the two then you need to factor in things like the relevant pressure that both sides can bring out and all that.