Page 6401 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 5401590163016351639163966399640064016402640364066411 ... LastLast
Results 128,001 to 128,020 of 128224

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Achilles absolutely destroys him.

Gotta wonder if idea blood counts as authority or not.

not disagreeing with above posts just a thought i had

Gotta wonder if idea blood counts as authority or not.
    Calvaria's Star=Excalibur
    Magecraft on the level of Dead Apostle Ancestors=Magecraft on the level of Divine Spirits
    Dead Apostle Ancestors=Divine Spirits
    Principle=Authority

It would make sense.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Roa compares Arcueid's powers to the Authority of Creation.

He also said the principles of the ancestors would be able to compete with event storage.
    That's a major claim and I wonder how that works. But it certainly lends credence to the idea DAA are on the level of gods.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

I am baffled by that statement, even with the concepts we know of how would that even compare with the ability to take in every texture on earth. IF we actually consider what that would mean for a moment, textures with stars, textures with odd underworlds, avalon and so on.

I just cant help but suspect that's a hype statement to some extent like some of the other absurd hyperbole in nasu.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    He also said the principles of the ancestors would be able to compete with event storage.
    That's a major claim and I wonder how that works. But it certainly lends credence to the idea DAA are on the level of gods.
    I would say that ultimately depends as Authorities themselves are honestly some major bullshit in every single facet we've seen it happen and unless we start seeing how the interaction of Idea Blood works, I will always question the Statement that DAA = Divine Spirits because while there is obviously levels to that, it's still a bit much.

EDIT: I want to clarify that I actually think that Idea Blood = A Divine Spirit's Authority rather than DAA = Divine Spirits which would make more sense in terms of actual COMMANDS and the fact that Ciel taking Vlov's not only further boosted her power, it made her less human.
    Last edited by Gehennahem; September 9th, 2022 at 05:36 PM.

I think it only makes sense thematically and narratively.
    Everything from elementals to full-on Gods are terminals meant to govern/do maintenance on certain systems they are given Authority over within the World they inhabit. They're basically cogs in the machine designed to serve a specific purpose and keep things running. DAA have something that's literally the antithesis of that. Their purpose is to mess up the system set up by the world. What with Vlob's curse generating temperatures that makes it impossible for life to exist, and I'm sure the other ancestors have similar concepts.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Everything from elementals to full-on Gods are terminals meant to govern/do maintenance on certain systems they are given Authority over within the World they inhabit. They're basically cogs in the machine designed to serve a specific purpose and keep things running. DAA have something that's literally the antithesis of that. Their purpose is to mess up the system set up by the world. What with Vlob's curse generating temperatures that makes it impossible for life to exist, and I'm sure the other ancestors have similar concepts.
    Yeah, I'm not ruling that out at all, the only thing I'm pointing out is the fact of the matter is people going towards the powerleveling scale in and of itself when Authorities aren't the only things Elementals and Divine Spirits have.
    Their Authorities are definitely a part of who they are but it really doesn't fully represent their capability or their power.
    It's that which I can see people being apprehensive about, especially with the fact that it's also easy to misinterpret that and then forget that while Vlov can do things that would end life, the temperatures he was generating was ultimately not out the realm of other beings as a whole(As Surtr can easily attest to that, literally being made to end the Norse Age of the Gods and to usher in the Age of Man there).

Divine Spirits is hilariously broad and no different than Phantasmals, Divine Beasts and Demonic Beasts and the like so there should be a BROAD brush on that and ultimately, if it's basically saying it's like an Authority which is what Idea Blood is compared to(Which does work with the Event Storage comparison as that's ALSO compared to a Divine Spirit's Authority)

JP Friend Code
    One thing to keep in mind is that unlike the Elementals that are created and given roles by the planet, the origin and scope of a Divine Spirit can vary greatly from each other. The Olympians as full gods (mecha body) don't have Authorities but equivalent alien technology "functions" capable of doing things on the level Authorities (such as terraforming, controlling natural phenomena...etc) that all came from Chaos, a spacetime construct of alien technology. Authorities also aren't unique to one individual but a god can have multiple of them (which was why the multi-functions of the Olympians are so similar). Essentially a god can have their nature and Authorities changed by perceptions of humans, by taking Authorities from other gods, granted by the system, effectively has no limit to the amount of Authorities they can have at one point, like Arjuna Alter or Zeus pretty much had the Authorities/Functions of their entire pantheon in them. Idea Blood and Principles so far as we knew, are unique to each individual DAA and creation as well as inheritance of them is very strict.

In this regard, the closest thing to a god's Authority is indeed Event Storage, but not the Principles. And I would compare the Event Storage vs Principles statement to the Mythology Mystic Code in CCC vs BB's Ten Crowns instead. BB's Ten Crown is an Authority of Creation used by Earth Mother deities, that allows complete dominance over earth-origin beings. But the Mystic Code allowed the servants to awaken their "origin myth", and using that to deny BB's Authority. Similar to that, the Principles being a DAA's "origin", can warp the law of physics against the planet, can contest with Event Storage which is a part of the planet's system.

US Friend Code
    Fifth Grail War where Atrum successfully summons Siegfried instead of Medea like he originally planned. How does Siegfried fare against the rest of the Fifth, and does Shirou die to Cu or is he somehow able to summon a Caster? Maybe Avalon could be a Vivian catalyst.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Amazing how Shirou pulls a very confused Castoria and they both die to Cu.

Vs. Emiya: Could go either way.
    Vs. Cu: If Cu's behind Siegfried then Gae Bolg kills. Otherwise Siegfried has the advantage.
    Vs. Meduseless: Dies to Cybele if it checks MGI instead of MR. Otherwise he might win if he keeps it to CQC. Bellerophon should go through Balmung.
    Vs. Kojiro: Siegfried should win.
    Vs. Hassan: It's hard to say if Zabaniya's curse works in the same way as Gae Bolg's. If it does then Hassan's screwed. If not then he has a chance.
    Vs. Herk: F in the chat
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I personally think barring a miracle, or Siegfried getting heavily nerfed in some way, EMIYA cannot pull off the win. With regards to Cu, Siegfried's Luck is quite a bit lower than Artoria's, so I think the sure-hit kill of Gae Bolg has a higher chance of hitting. With Kojiro, really nothing more to add, and same goes for most of the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Gae Bolg's got an easy way to Siegfried- two, actually, since the legend of Cu already has him facing down a dude with unbreakable skin and GB just goes right up the arse instead.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    If Siegfried clenches, that path's closed off, though ;D. In any case, I think Siegfried stands a very good chance against most of the rest of the Grail War cast, especially under their Masters at the start of the War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Honestly, Siegfried should have it in the bag, even against Shirou Artoria and only really have issues when Gilgamesh rears his head.
    Unless Siegfried is as nerfed as he is in Apocrypha(Dragon Reactor isn't working as intended), he should be able to even deal with Heracles pretty well unless Illya goes all out with his Madness Enhancement but otherwise, he basically bowls over everyone else unless they get him in a surprise attack or Gilgamesh just ganks him in the end.

Now that all Lostbelts are out, I'd like to propose again the Losbelt Battle Royale.

Main Combatants: Ivan the Terrible; Scathach-Skadi; Qin Shi Huang; Arjuna Alter; Zeus; Morgan; Kukulkan.

Battlefield: Overlapping Lostbelt Frontier (suppose all of them managed to grow their Lostbelts and now their frontiers overlap, giving them all their respective terrain advantages, e. g. QSH satellite bombardment, Morgan's Throne, etc...)

Other conditions: It's a Lostbelt battle, so the Kings can use their human resources: Zeus can send the other machine gods, Kukulkan the underworld frontier guardians and Camazotz, Skadi her giants, etc...). Only limitation is no ORT and no Chaos.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Anti-Galaxy Zeus and his pantheon stomp everybody else put together, unless LB7's gods are a cut above, I think.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I'm fairly sure no one here can do much against Kuku.

US Friend Code
    Does someone remember who exactly it was that called Morgan the strongest Lostbelt King, and would they have known about Kuku to properly compare her?

Though even before LB7 I had a hard time believing that given the bullshit Zeus showed in LB5:

Zeus:
    Deactivating Anti-Planet destruction mechanism limiter.

Mash:
    Did he just say Anti-Planet!?

Zeus:
    Deactivating Anti-Star system annihilation mechanism limiter.

Zeus:
    Deactivating Anti-Space-Time attack mechanism limiter.

Zeus:
    Deactivating Anti-Concept shattering mechanism limiter.

Mash:
    Anti...Star system... Space-Time... Concept...?
    But that would mean...

Zeus:
    Everything.

Zeus:
    Begone.
    Last edited by Reign; February 8th, 2023 at 10:22 AM.