Page 6321 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 53215821622162716311631663196320632163226323632663316371 ... LastLast
Results 126,401 to 126,420 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubera View Post
    My point is that the classifications in Nasuland are often just a general rule and not absolutes.
    Divine Spirits are generally stronger than Heroic Spirits, but when you compare the strongest HS to the weakest DS it gets way more blurry. Servants are generally stronger than humans, but then the strongest humans can beat the weakest servants.

Of course I'm not going to question the power of any Divine Beast we see by basing my opinion on exceptions, but we are comparing a top class phantasmal to an average if not low class divine beast, so it's pretty weird to assume the bulls are automatically going to win because of their classification.
    We don't even get to see HSs in action, only the super condensed and filtered versions known as Servants. It's an inane comparison to make, so why make it at all?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    True unfiltered HSs don't really exist, since even Grands are summoned in Class containers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

as I see it "true unfiltered HSs" can't really exists since legends are often contradictory, and the full HS would contain all aspects of the hero. so king arthur is both male and female at the same time, gilgamesh rejected the gods and became a god at the same time etc

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubera View Post
    My point is that the classifications in Nasuland are often just a general rule and not absolutes.
    Divine Spirits are generally stronger than Heroic Spirits, but when you compare the strongest HS to the weakest DS it gets way more blurry. Servants are generally stronger than humans, but then the strongest humans can beat the weakest servants.

Of course I'm not going to question the power of any Divine Beast we see by basing my opinion on exceptions, but we are comparing a top class phantasmal to an average if not low class divine beast, so it's pretty weird to assume the bulls are automatically going to win because of their classification.
    they’re going to win because there are two of them against a single Pegasus who doesn’t even like fighting
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    they’re going to win because there are two of them against a single Pegasus who doesn’t even like fighting
    nah. I have seen this movie. The two bulls would walk in to the bar with their chests all puffed up and ordering shots of whiskey neat to prove how tough they are, then skinny little Pegasus walks in to ask for directions and a cup of milk for the baby he recently found himself caring for.

then the bulls start making threats and pounding their chests, while Pegasus is like “I don’t want no trable” and then finally one of the bulls pours the milk directly into the cradle and thirty seconds later both of the bulls have been knocked unconscious with a fish and thrown into a conveniently placed garbage bin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    We don't even get to see HSs in action, only the super condensed and filtered versions known as Servants. It's an inane comparison to make, so why make it at all?
    Maybe my example wasn't the best, but I think my point still stands about classifications usually not being absolute.

And I wasn't arguing about the actual HS in the Throne of course, I tend to use "Heroic Spirit" as a term for the heroes and in general. I'm not really used to this whole debate thing.

Well yeah I can agree with this.

- - - Updated - - -

Rama vs Musashi

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So what if classifications aren't absolute? That doesn't mean they can't be used at all, otherwise there'd be no point in comparing anything.

Well Heroic Spirits have a specific meaning and using it willy nilly without proper context isn't conducive to a proper discussion. You don't need to know how to debate to understand why using Servants instead of HS would've been the better choice.

As for Rama vs Musashi, if Musashi can't run away fast enough she loses.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    So what if classifications aren't absolute? That doesn't mean they can't be used at all, otherwise there'd be no point in comparing anything.

Well Heroic Spirits have a specific meaning and using it willy nilly without proper context isn't conducive to a proper discussion. You don't need to know how to debate to understand why using Servants instead of HS would've been the better choice.

As for Rama vs Musashi, if Musashi can't run away fast enough she loses.
    Classifications are useful, but when comparing an high tier in the lower class against a low tier in the higher class I wouldn't rely on it too much.
    "The bulls are divine beasts so they're stronger" is something I'd say if arguing against most phantasmal beasts, and it is more proof about their overall power, but considering Pegasus' feats I didn't find it enough to close the argument. Not even arguing about Pegasus winning, especially not without Bellerophon.

Yeah I know about the proper meaning of HS. I'm just more used to thinking of them as "Heroic Spirits" because it's cooler, so I didn't think it through very well when I rised my point.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    That's what Bellerophon is there for.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    nah. I have seen this movie. The two bulls would walk in to the bar with their chests all puffed up and ordering shots of whiskey neat to prove how tough they are, then skinny little Pegasus walks in to ask for directions and a cup of milk for the baby he recently found himself caring for.

then the bulls start making threats and pounding their chests, while Pegasus is like “I don’t want no trable” and then finally one of the bulls pours the milk directly into the cradle and thirty seconds later both of the bulls have been knocked unconscious with a fish and thrown into a conveniently placed garbage bin
    okay fair enough
    ultra instinct Pegasus
    Last edited by You; October 4th, 2020 at 05:35 PM.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

I mean Bellerophon is like giving Popeye spinach if you ask me.

odysseus vs karna

祖 Ancestor
    Karna can't break through the Aegis. So probably Ody.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ody can't do much to Karna, I'm not seeing how Brahmastra or VS isn't good enough to beat Ody.

祖 Ancestor
    Aegis is the strongest defense in Greek myth. Mashu's shield reached its level through Athena Klironomia, then negated Zeus' thunderbolts. Each one equivalent to Artemis' Anti-planet authority.

If Karna has feats to show he's stronger than Zeus then sure, he's got a shot.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure why we're equating Mashu's buffed shield to Ody's Aegis, but if we're going that way VS broke Kosmos which is ranked higher than Aegis.

祖 Ancestor
    I'm not sure why we're equating Mashu's buffed shield to Ody's Aegis
    Because the story does, twice. Mashu's buffed shield was through Athena's Nike authority, making it an imitation of Aegis and directly compared in defensive power to it by Pollux.
    but if we're going that way VS broke Kosmos which is ranked higher than Aegis.
    Aegis is the strongest shield. Said straight up in Olympus. Unless you mean noble phantasm ranks that are about as reliable as dirt. Even moreso when you're comparing concepts.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Considering we haven't seen much of Ody's Aegis in action, I'm surprised at this confidence in stating it can deal with Karna's attacks.

Still not seeing how Ody beats Karna anyway.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    Because the story does, twice. Mashu's buffed shield was through Athena's Nike authority, making it an imitation of Aegis and directly compared in defensive power to it by Pollux.
    inb4 sword of promised victory (shield) remix

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    remind me how he died to charlotte again

- - - Updated - - -

Wait wait I got it, Charlotte was hopped up on Athena Klironomia which must've cancelled his Athena Armor
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3