Page 6223 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 522357236123617362136218622162226223622462256228623362736323 ... LastLast
Results 124,441 to 124,460 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Partially why people want to see a proper Herk, Archer Herk never tho

And if durable armor were good enough it'd have been noted while listing ways to avoid getting heartstabbed

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    "He's not a pear to Artoria, Herc, Karna, Arjuna, or Achilles. "

Aint that a damn lie

- - - Updated - - -

Nah not really. He is mainly a guy that focuses on close combat and his NPs are mainly defensive or supplementary (chariots have a 0 kill count in this franchise to date).

I have a hard time calling someone "OP" if they dont have an ability that can 100% seal the deal and win the fight

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so if you want to use 3rd party cross-fight performance to assess skill, lets do that.

Mordy > Chiron

Sieg > Mordy that got slashed across the chest twice and almost lost her sword in the first seconds of that fight and needed a CS goost

Chiron = Achilles, give or take

So Achilles / Chiron < Mordy < Sieg < Siegfried = Karna = Cu, give or take

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you know, having an armour that can tank a blast that killed Herk 7 times (slight oversimplification)

- - - Updated - - -

Some of the quotes i have read make them sound like BS though.

To the point hat i am pretty sure either Arjuna or Karna's chariots or whatever should have killed everything, including the planet, their kingdoms and themselves just due to the basic scientific consequences of those things existing.

TLDR: sounds a lot like metaphors of power rather than actual power
    Right, but Cu's GB which is pretty well countered here is the deal breaker now? Also what a ridiculous scaling chain that ignores Apocrypha stating that Achilles was a match for Karna, ignores Chiron's experience with Achilles, and assumes that Cu is equal to Karna. I mean if you wanted to talk about fanfiction, there are better places than this.

I mean if you wanna play that game we can put Cu on the bottom of that list by looking at his fights against Saber

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    To be fair, it was a fight when he was being held back by Kirei, and he had no way of dealing with an invisible blade.
    A lot of Servants would have the same problem, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Arguably, he could still win the fight had it continued, thanks to the wound inflicted by Gáe Bolg, but again - held back by Kirei.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    The same with Herakles, really.
    Yeah, though from this conversation. I feel like Cu has been dealt with this the most poorly lol.

Like ignoring Nasuverse and just looking at Cu from Irl. The thing with him is that he was created a deliberate expy to Achilles, but better and more badass. I'm just grinning through out this on how Nasu really only has showed a fragment of how he is in his myths. Ha
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

To be fair, it was a fight when he was being held back by Kirei, and he had no way of dealing with an invisible blade.
    A lot of Servants would have the same problem, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Arguably, he could still win the fight had it continued, thanks to the wound inflicted by Gáe Bolg, but again - held back by Kirei.
    The church fight tho

Church fight... The one in the Fate route? That was barely a fight, and Saber had a buttload of circumstance bonuses from terrain.

Blog Entries
    wasn’t saber herself (as she was for most of the route) still weakened by the wound from gae bolg? Just saying lancer wasn’t the only only one with a circumstance induced limitation
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Church fight... The one in the Fate route? That was barely a fight
    that's the point I'm making yes, if that's what constitutes a good argument these days we can clearly see that Saber > Cu
    and we know that Saber > Mordy too, so clearly Cu < Mordy

see how dumb this kind of logic is

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm still waiting on how a guy with NP counters and better stats loses to Cu in a way that doesn't involve fanfiction worthy of My Immortal.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Achilles dies to Gae Bolg as he has no way to counter it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    that's the point I'm making yes, if that's what constitutes a good argument these days we can clearly see that Saber > Cu
    and we know that Saber > Mordy too, so clearly Cu < Mordy

see how dumb this kind of logic is
    Oh, yeah, definitely!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Achilles dies to Gae Bolg as he has no way to counter it.
    Apparently Kosmos doesn't count as a magic shield good enough to stop GB. You know, one of the few explicit stuff said to block it.

Apart from that, he's fast enough to prevent Cu from getting it off anyway.

that had to be bait

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Apparently Kosmos doesn't count as a magic shield good enough to stop GB. You know, one of the few explicit stuff said to block it.
    I don't think they were ever compared in Apocrypha-related stuff. Was it in F/GO? Or you extrapolating from it being similar to Rho Aius?
    From what I can tell Kosmos doesn't have any special characteristics which can interfere with probability-reversal.

There is no evidence that he is particularly faster than any other Servant with AGI ranked A when it comes to melee. As for mobility advantage, Cu Chulainn probably can negate it with Ath nGabla as Achilles' Magic Resistance is only C-ranked.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; January 2nd, 2020 at 08:21 PM.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries

Yeaaaaa I laugh may ass off with people keep bringing up an NP that the bearer NEVER USED beside saving protag, and it's not even him who activated it
    So no counter to GB
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    I don't think they were ever compared in Apocrypha-related stuff. Was it in F/GO? Or you extrapolating from it being similar to Rho Aius?
    From what I can tell Kosmos doesn't have any special characteristics which can interfere with probability-reversal.

There is no evidence that he is particularly faster than any other Servant with AGI ranked A when it comes to melee. As for mobility advantage, Cu Chulainn probably can negate it with Ath nGabla as Achilles' Magic Resistance is only C-ranked.
    It's in HF when talking about attacks that can't be dodged. GB is brought up as an example, and one way to beat it as suggested was a shield with enough magical energy to overpower the lance's own. I'm not seeing where Kosmos does not meet those conditions.

Wow. I mean ignoring NPs once again for fanfic isn't exactly great debating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    Yeaaaaa I laugh may ass off with people keep bringing up an NP that the bearer NEVER USED beside saving protag, and it's not even him who activated it
    So no counter to GB
    A NP he's given away often doesn't mean he won't use it in a hypothetical scenario. Unlike GB which has a remarkably bad success rate of actually working. Should we now assume Cu might end up failing to kill Achilles with GB?

Avenger Gorgon vs Berserker Heracles

Monster vs. monster slayer. I'd bet on Herakles.

It's in HF when talking about attacks that can't be dodged. GB is brought up as an example, and one way to beat it as suggested was a shield with enough magical energy to overpower the lance's own. I'm not seeing where Kosmos does not meet those conditions.

Wow. I mean ignoring NPs once again for fanfic isn't exactly great debating.

- - - Updated - - -

A NP he's given away often doesn't mean he won't use it in a hypothetical scenario. Unlike GB which has a remarkably bad success rate of actually working. Should we now assume Cu might end up failing to kill Achilles with GB?
    Do you think that Achilles will pull his big round divine shield that can block anti-fortress and anti-country np agaisnt an np that classified as anti-unit? Especially if he don't know Cu true name in the first place?