Page 6334 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 53345834623462846324632963326333633463356336633963446384 ... LastLast
Results 126,661 to 126,680 of 128224

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    "Come... I'll let you feel what a true warrior is."
    He readied his spear—and his thirst for blood crushed the air. Saber stood his ground bravely, and Berserker's artificial mind allowed her to take it in stride, but any normal humans would have their spirits utterly crumbled.
    Three—so the countdown began.
    ***The thick forest was unsuited to the swinging of swords and spears.***
    Two—and the air froze in an all-too-familiar way.
    ***But, in this place, the spear was superior to any other weapon in one aspect: the thrust. ***With his hero-slaying spear, able to pierce hearts and penetrate skulls with every strike, Rider felt no disadvantage at all.
    One—and time itself seemed to stop before the eruption.
    And most of all, with one of the world's most famous archers at his back, nothing would shake
    his nerve.
    Zero.
    All things crude and impure were blown away, swept aside, as they stepped forward and leapt, swinging sword and mace and spear.
    All things crude and impure were blown away, swept aside, as they stepped forward and leapt, swinging sword and mace and spear.
    So right there, we see Achilles was swinging, not thrusting, because you can't defend against two separate angles with a thrust. That's primarily for 1 vs 1.
    When we get back to the fight.
    The Rider of Red laughed mockingly at the fierce assault of Saber and Berserker. The two
    Servants released their attacks in the same breath, aiming both high and low.

Rider curled his body and leapt. With his single, short spear he deflected both attacks splendidly.

" Weak!"

At nearly the same time, he launched a kick. He fought not with the formality of a knight, but
    martial skill honed utterly on the field of battle.
    No thrust. He just overpowers Siegfried and Frankenstein, as it was shown in the manga.

dont care.

just erased a long reply because it will distract from Consort Yu and Xiang Yu VS Sigurd and Bhryhn

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Zouken Matou vs Dr. Giovanni from Fire Force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    how about a 2 V 2?

Consort Yu + Xiang Yu VS Sigurd + Bryhn
    Sigurd and Bryn have more tricks up their sleeves thanks to runes, but Senpai has unlimited power and Xiang Yu can Joseph Joestar all of their strategies, so I think this is a pretty open and shut case.

- - - Updated - - -

ED: Unless Senpai is calling the shots, then they lose for comedic effect.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Bryn and Sig definitely have more overall power even if Yu has raw energy and things. The combination of being top tier fighters with age of gods magic, and Sigurd’s dragon core, super sword and calculation glasses make them pretty overwhelming. I don’t think Xiang has a great chance against either alone and he definitely can’t carry Yu.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Oh yeah Sigurd's glasses also give him super calculations like Xiang Yu

doesn't Xiang Yu also have ridiculously high raw power (didnt he tank a Clarent Blood Arthur) and also has various beamus?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I've only read the fan translation of LB3 and it was some time ago so my perception of the events might be skewed, but didn't Mordred and co start getting the upper hand against Xiang Yu as soon as they adapted to his precognition? Even if they had numerical advantage I'm having an hard time understanding how they could do anything to someone who tanked an A+ NP.

That said, with his glasses, overall power, his sheer skill, the dragon reactor and the versatility of the runes I can see Sigurd lasting long enough to start adapting to Xiang Yu as well, and Gram should deal much more damage than Clarent anyway.

Bryn might do something as well, didn't she oppose the fate determined by Ophelia's mystic eye?
    Altough Xiang Yu's precog is just calculations and not choosing a specific fate so whatever.

No idea how to rank Consort Yu though.
    Last edited by Kubera; December 2nd, 2020 at 12:34 PM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Yu doesn't feel like the best combatant. She has a bunch of power, sure, but other than the ability to hit them really hard, I don't see her being able to take on even Bryn, let alone Sigurd.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    I feel like yu is a strong combatant because of izanagi-no-okami
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Myriad truths is a strong ability

Worst case scenario Bryn drops a venus meteor which the other side probably can't do anything about as a suicide bomber.

As far as tanking A+ noble phantasms to the face, simpsons Herc's already done it. Although I don't think BP Caladbolg is actually A+ and is just A.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Oh yeah Sigurd's glasses also give him super calculations like Xiang Yu
    Not really. They're not a part of him the way Xiang Yu's precog is, and I don't remember the glasses ever being mentioned as doing any calculations, let alone super future-predicting ones. They're just a source of knowledge.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

The world creates puzzles at times. It may be coincidental. It may be intentional, malicious, or all for show...

And there are many more reasons why they are created. If so, what could solve such puzzles?

Wisdom.

This object...hook it around your ear and look upon the world through its lenses. What was hidden is revealed and what was once blurry becomes clear.

Also, according to Brynhild, "You are more dashing when you wear that wisdom."

What do you think, my Master?

I hope that you also think I look good in them...
    (Glasses shine)
    Very good stuff. The glasses are kind of a representation of what he got from eating Fafnir meat anyway so.

it was noted the first time they met Xiang Yu that without even going all out in terms of power output, he is already putting out more energy than a dragon.

i also think people forget that Xiang Yu has beamu as well and whatever the hell the rasenshuriken dome of slashes in his NP is.

Consort Yu seems to be pretty good with those swords, but i think it is more from doing solo training than actual combat

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    it was noted the first time they met Xiang Yu that without even going all out in terms of power output, he is already putting out more energy than a dragon.

i also think people forget that Xiang Yu has beamu as well and whatever the hell the rasenshuriken dome of slashes in his NP is.

Consort Yu seems to be pretty good with those swords, but i think it is more from doing solo training than actual combat
    Uh. I just realized how that's actually pretty consistent with Tarasque's attack also being an A+ Anti-Army NP like Clarent.

I still think it'd come down to if Sigurd can somehow adapt to Xiang Yu's predictions fast enough though. Bolverk Gram is beyond anything the LB3 team had, especially with runes buffing him (and in a tag team he could be empowered by Bryn's runes too), and his kit is optimal for survival and outlasting powerful enemies (A+ endurance, wisdom glasses giving him openings, dragon reactor for mana, great proficiency with runes for increased power, defense or even regen). Even his base magical energy is immense as a restrained Sigurd was said to be up there with Ivan.

He also gains more from Bryn's help imho. Consort Yu mostly adds increased firepower which Xiang Yu already has enough of while Sigurd & Bryn would have fantastic sinergy with their runes.

That said the LB3 team had Mash who could tank most beams with her shield and is a specific counter to the raw power types so I might be vastly underestimating the Yu couple.

I think it's fair to mention that Yu is an absolutely horrible commander and actively nerfs those serving under her, as confirmed by her interlude.

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    I think it's fair to mention that Yu is an absolutely horrible commander and actively nerfs those serving under her, as confirmed by her interlude.
    why would she play the commander in this case?

- - - Updated - - -

btw, what do you mean by "adapt to Xinag Yu's predictions"? i didnt see that. perhaps i didnt notice it when i was skimming through the Xiang Yu scenes

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    btw, what do you mean by "adapt to Xinag Yu's predictions"? i didnt see that. perhaps i didnt notice it when i was skimming through the Xiang Yu scenes
    I remembered Mordred saying something like she adapted to it after fighting him so many times, but now skimming through his parts in NA I only found her saying that she's rebelled against Xiang Yu's prediction or whatever, while Nezha says that Xiang Yu lost because no matter how strong he is he never had any rival to contend with. Hell if I know how to interpet all this.

At the very least his calculations aren't perfect.
    Sigurd & Bryn are better than Mordred and glasses and runes are variables Xiang Yu might be unable to respond to well enough, but the fight could go either way honestly.
    Last edited by Kubera; December 4th, 2020 at 11:29 AM.

that feels like the usual nasu symbolism BS.

i guess you can factor Mordred's Instinct which i think is a rather primal and beastly thing rather than a logical thing.

if the glasses give you something akin to logical and machine like calculations, if Xiang Yu is the better of the two at processing said logical information, i think it would still be to his advantage in that respect