Page 6339 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 53395839623962896329633463376338633963406341634463496389 ... LastLast
Results 126,761 to 126,780 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Remember Alkeides doesn't have God Hand, so he could be scratched if enough blows make it through the chinks in the Nemean Lion pelt.
    If Gate of Babylon didn't do the trick, I'm not sure the Hetairoi can - their weapons aren't even NPs.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, what Eddyak said.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Gil wasn't bothering to aim though
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Gil wasn't bothering to aim though
    Only towards the end was he beginning to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Divine beasts and magical monsters tend to have the defense of big stats, big strength and mana aura/mana bursts tbh.

They’re not defensively specced like Pegasus but it’s not like they’re mook fodder that die in one stray hit. I think that they’re being kind of vastly underestimated.

As far as the pelt goes it is indeed possible to hit under it. Not easy, but it’s something that he actually has to move and guard for unlike Godhand.

Alkeides also has his own Divine and Monstrous Beasts that can deal with the bulls
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Birds aren't doing shit and he's too busy starving the doge for it to do much.
    canon finish apo vol 3

I think the doge can absolutely take on the bulls with its strength alone, even without it's Divine blessing. Also, he has the Mares of Diomedes, which are both numerous and aggressive.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    would Alkeides even need one of his Pokémon to deal with the bulls? Most of his legend was about defeating monsters

how many of his pokemon can he even activate if he doesn't have the US concentration camps and missing person's registry to fuel him?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean really Alex will probably do what he always does and summon up IH with all his men lined up behind him for a Epic Speech and #DramaticCavalryCharge and die easily because he's leading his army from the Front, meaning Al will get him first and not even have to fight the army.

Yeah, if the situation devolves into a battle of attrition, Alkeides is at a huge disadvantage. I wonder if it *would* get to that point, though; if nothing else, Alkeides can simply focus on taking Iskandar out.

TBH the real question is how does Alcides's tactics change when he goes REEE over the fact that the bulls have the lightning of dad and that lightning triggers him.

While I don't have the best opinion on Iskander I'd say he probably isn't a bad combat strategist because hey, it's Alexander the Great. In fact some may even say he is... great.

He can probably manage something that properly can make it a fight instead of Alcides just shoots him and the bulls die. Being the biggest anti-monster person and being strong on top of that is a hell of a drug, but it doesn't mean they're made out of paper to begin with.

Ultimately Alcides has the abilities and tools to fight and take down the bulls, and it's hard for Iskander to do big damage to him even with the bulls being strong. But I think there's very much a good chance for it to become a messy affair that has a very fair shot at victory.

I think the complaint about the bulls not being defensively specced is that if Alk sniped Isk in the head, the bulls arent jumping in the arrows path to defend him, or that Isk cant turn the chariot around fast enough, not that they are made of wet paper.

I feel like it's a bit odd to say that you can just snipe Iskander and ignore the bulls imo. Considering they're divine beasts and how we know phantasmals generally have mana burst and/or auras like Pegasus.

I guess trying to say that the chariot is a bit unwieldly is fair? But honestly do we see that as an issue at all in Fate/Zero?

I really don't see how Iskandar AND his chariot would not be demolished by Alcides Anti-Phantasmal Beast giant dragon-like homing lasers.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I feel like it's a bit odd to say that you can just snipe Iskander and ignore the bulls imo. Considering they're divine beasts and how we know phantasmals generally have mana burst and/or auras like Pegasus.

I guess trying to say that the chariot is a bit unwieldly is fair? But honestly do we see that as an issue at all in Fate/Zero?
    Well the only things he does with the darn thing is drive around, trample Lancelot but not Diarmuid(both have A+ Agi so maybe Lancelot was too focused on Seiba, but still, A+ agi to dodge isnt anything to sneeze at) and mow down some elder god tentacles but also get captured by some tentacles and rescued by Seiba. It was last seen driving into a Excaliblast, but that isnt a viable method to measure its defense...

- - - Updated - - -

Getting caught by the tentacles, if its not anime only, is the worst display of manoeuvrability i guess...

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post

The chariot's a convertible, and their only stated power is thunder hooves and being divine. Unless one of these bulls is secretly Galahad with a new hairstyle, it's probably safe to say they aren't bestowing random from-out-of-nowhere defensive buffs for other people, and definitely not throwing up NP-level shields.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Well, he has a point; the bulls' lightning presumably would work as a makeshift wall, even if presumably not to the same level as Pegasus in "comet form". I just don't think they would be enough to stop Nine Lives, particularly when fired by a weapon enhanced with Ares' sash.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Each of Sigurd, Achilles and Siegfried go through the Indian gauntlet: Ashwatthama, Rama, Karna, Arjuna

Once with all of them having Rin as a Master and once with all of them hooked up to the Greater Grail. How do they do?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Arjuna Azul or Arjuna Blanco?

- - - Updated - - -

Not liking Achilles's odds against Pashupata.
    canon finish apo vol 3