Page 6278 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 527857786178622862686273627662776278627962806283628863286378 ... LastLast
Results 125,541 to 125,560 of 128224

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Blog Entries
    Embrace the fanfiction. Let the powerlevels flow through you XD.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Welp, we have an answer to the stakes thing. From Achilles' Mats:

Dromeus Kometes: Comet Running Style
    Classification: Anti-Personnel (Self) Noble Phantasm
    Range: 0
    Maximum Number of Targets: 1 person

Dromeus Kometes (Running Comet). A Noble Phantasm of the Constantly Invoked-Type that Achilles activates by getting off from “The Immortal Chariot of Swift Winds and Surging Waves” to stand on his feet. It is something that embodies the legend that he is the swiftest among all heroes of all eras. He can run through a vast battlefield in a single breath, and even if there are obstacles on the field, they will not reduce his speed. He must expose his weak point, his Achilles tendon, while running, but there are few Heroic Spirits who can catch hold of him while he is running at this speed.

He won't be stopped by stakes.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    RIP Black Team

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post

Dromeus Kometes (Running Comet). A Noble Phantasm of the Constantly Invoked-Type that Achilles activates by getting off from “The Immortal Chariot of Swift Winds and Surging Waves” to stand on his feet. It is something that embodies the legend that he is the swiftest among all heroes of all eras. He can run through a vast battlefield in a single breath, and even if there are obstacles on the field, they will not reduce his speed. He must expose his weak point, his Achilles tendon, while running, but there are few Heroic Spirits who can catch hold of him while he is running at this speed.

you already knew all of that from Apo

what part of that discounts the stakes? the "obstacles" part? stakes aren't obstacles, they are a method of attack

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post

what part of that discounts the stakes? the "obstacles" part? stakes aren't obstacles, they are a method of attack
    Stakes not being obstacles is not the best hill to die on when playing with semantics.

祖 Ancestor

An "obstacle" is anything, either metaphoric or physical that barricades or halts one's progression. Thousand stakes forming from the ground, is pretty much that.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    stakes aren't obstacles, they are a method of attack
    Quote Originally Posted by apo mats
    Kazikli Bey. Lancer of Black’s Noble Phantasm. It can unleash a maximum of twenty thousand stakes in the territory he has set up with his skill “Demonic Defender of the State”. It can be used to attack, defend or regulate the movements of the enemy. Due to the being set up in Romania, the territory created by “Demonic Defender of the State” here is the largest of any Holy Grail War. Not only does the damage from the stakes pile up, they attack one after another with overwhelming numbers reaching twenty thousand, living up to Vlad III’s nickname “Lord of Impalement”.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    An "obstacle" is anything, either metaphoric or physical that barricades or halts one's progression. Thousand stakes forming from the ground, is pretty much that.
    I guess Achilles can just phase out of existence like avalon if someone shoots an arrow at him mid -sprint by that logic, since the arrow would be considered an obstacle.

I always interpreted that part of his NP description as being able to keep top speed despite ditches on the ground or jumping over small walls.

The way you seem to interpret it, you come off as believing that he is intangible while running. We know he isnt because he exposes the heel and the heel can be shot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Stakes not being obstacles is not the best hill to die on when playing with semantics.
    Implying you arent doing semantic games yourself

Maybe he just runs at them and breaks them like a sonic dash attack.

That's what I kind of expect would happen tbh.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I guess Achilles can just phase out of existence like avalon if someone shoots an arrow at him mid -sprint by that logic, since the arrow would be considered an obstacle.

I always interpreted that part of his NP description as being able to keep top speed despite ditches on the ground or jumping over small walls.

The way you seem to interpret it, you come off as believing that he is intangible while running. We know he isnt because he exposes the heel and the heel can be shot

- - - Updated - - -

Implying you arent doing semantic games yourself
    I'm not the one who said stakes aren't obstacles in the first place. And then having to backpedal after You posting Kazikli Bey's description from Apo.

I mean in all honesty it's very likely he just breaks them by dashing past them like the golems in the anime, breaks them with his shield as it's very strong compared to the stakes or he just runs around them at high speed. So in the end, I'm not seeing Vlad having a good time vs Achilles in the grand scheme of things regarding the Apo scenario.

"as it's very strong compared to the stakes"

can Achilles dash into spartacus and tear him to pieces with his momentum like Guilhotine Breaker did to Samson in the manga? because those stakes had the force to pierce spartacus.

also, we still dont know how Achilles would fare against stakes from the inside

不死 Undead

can Achilles dash into spartacus and tear him to pieces with his momentum like Guilhotine Breaker did to Samson in the manga? because those stakes had the force to pierce spartacus.

But stakes can't pierce Achilles due the power of Andreias Amarantos, so your argument may be somewhat insignificant in this situation.

Golems are obviously stronger than stakes, another opinion is a simple trolling.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Come on, this is getting ridiculous now. If you have a point that isn't deliberate nitpicking and denial of basic facts do share it. Otherwise feel free to not bother posting at all, since you're just wasting time in making arguments that have no meaning.

As for Achilles vs Spartacus, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to? He could punch through Chiron, so there is some merit to the idea.

In order for the stakes to sprout inside him (assuming that it would matter given Amarantos), Vlad needs to hit Achilles with his spear. This would be very difficult for Vlad.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post

This is approaching no-limit fallacy. Just conceptually think about this. What if there's a big wall? Obviously he would have to go around it, increasing the time to get from point A to point B. This is a glorified Crossing Arcadia. Achilles is well-equipped to circumvent obstacles. It doesn't mean nothing can stop him. There are some that can. There's also statements that the stakes restrict mobility. What do you think happens if Vlad surrounds Achilles 360 degrees with stakes? Vlad can control how many come at once, and where they appear. If I were to take Achilles's side with this line of reasoning, I could easily justify Achilles defeating pretty much any servant in the series including those that the author's obviously didn't intend.

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Believe It's Not A NoblePhantasm View Post
    What do you think happens if Vlad surrounds Achilles 360 degrees with stakes?
    Answer is simple)) Achilles run through stakes and broke them

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Just because the stakes can't pierce Achilles doesn't mean that they would break on contact. If Vlad concentrates all of them on Rider and makes sort of a prison out of them perhaps he wouldn't be able to break through.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; May 9th, 2020 at 01:58 PM.

my bet is that achilles would break through stakes unless vlad concentrates basically all of them in one structure
    that shouldn't mean the stakes can't hit him when they appear from the ground while he's running

不死 Undead
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Just because the stakes can't pierce Achilles doesn't mean that they would break on contact. If Vlad concentrates all of them on Rider and makes sort of a prison out of them perhaps he wouldn't be able to break through.
    Vlad can't make a solid wall from the stakes. Each stake stand separate from others. So, if Achilles run through them, he must crush only small amount of the stakes at each moment. If he can put his foot on the ground in each step, the stakes can't stop his dash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    my bet is that achilles would break through stakes unless vlad concentrates basically all of them in one structure
    that shouldn't mean the stakes can't hit him when they appear from the ground while he's running
    I think that Achilles run much faster then stakes appear

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Answer is simple)) Achilles run through stakes and broke them
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    How would Achilles do this without spamming his shield, (which would be inefficient) when his average damage output is notably below Karna? The stakes aren't toilet paper. They can defend against things that hit a lot harder than Achilles (Atalanta's arrows).

Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    This, except the shield exists, which would mean that each time, he'd be spending the equivalent of a bounded field, but this is basically what I'm getting at.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Believe It's Not A NoblePhantasm View Post
    How would Achilles do this without spamming his shield, (which would be inefficient) when his average damage output is notably below Karna? The stakes aren't toilet paper. They can defend against things that hit a lot harder than Achilles (Atalanta's arrows).
    Where the hell did you get that Achilles is notably below Karna and fucking Atalanta's arrows?
    Didn't Achilles just straight up break through Golems?