Page 6302 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 530258026202625262926297630063016302630363046307631263526402 ... LastLast
Results 126,021 to 126,040 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    I'm not sure if that's Presence Concealment still in effect, or if he needed to be tangible and not in spirit form as well so Kotomine can use the shared senses spell. If not, then that would conclude for me that PC only masks magical energy signs, though I'm still doubtful.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofrags vol 5
     呼吸ひとつだけを場に残して、アサシンの姿が搔き消える。
     完全透明。
     光学的手段を用いた透明とは異なるし、
    サーヴァント
    英霊
    の肉体がエーテルで構成されていることを利用して不
    可視の特徴を得る霊体化とも違う。
     正確には、気配遮断スキル。
    アサシン
    影の英霊
    として現界した身に備わる超常のわざである。
     こうして街路を堂々と進んでいても、窮極的にまで気配が断たれたアサシンの姿を余人は視認できない。すれ 違う千鳥足の酔漢はおろか、夜目が利く猫でさえ気付かない。生前にも各種の姿隠しの技能を修得してはいたが 、原理や細部は幾らか異なっている。むしろ、魔術師たちの操る魔術に近しいか。
     誰にも見られず、知られず、アサシンは目的の場所へと辿り着く。
     やはり路地裏だ。薄暗い。
     ──いた。若い女がひとり、男が五人。

Leaving behind only a single breath, Assassin's figure vanishes.
    Complete transparency.
    It's different from becoming transparent by optical means or becoming invisible by using the inherent properties of a
    Servant's
    Heroic Spirit
    ether body to dematerialize.
    To be exact, it was the Presence Concealment skill.
    A supernatural technique
    Assassin
    The Heroic Spirit of the Shadows
    was summoned with.
    Even if she would strut down the street, Assassin, who had severed her presence to the extreme, could not be seen by others. No need to mention the tottering drunkard who brushed by her, but even a cat with eyes were accustomed to the dark didn't notice her. In life, she had learned all kinds of concealment techniques but the principle and details for what was occurring now were slightly different. Rather, it was closer to the magecraft magi manipulated.
    Unseen and unknown to anyone, Assassin arrived at her destination.
    Of course it's a back alley. Dim.
    There. A lone girl. Five men.
    Last edited by You; July 22nd, 2020 at 05:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Speaking of invisibility and no face king. We still don’t have anything that comes close to how broken that thing is in that sort of field beyond Shuwen’s Sphere Boundary do we?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    @You: thanks for clarifying, that's what I thought it would be

Fate Extra Material is sourced for what No Face May King is, but the wiki has an unsourced line saying it does not hide magical energy, but completely conceals sound and scent.

This doesn't seem to fit what we see of No Face May King, so I'm doubting that line.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Speaking of invisibility and no face king. We still don’t have anything that comes close to how broken that thing is in that sort of field beyond Shuwen’s Sphere Boundary do we?
    It's equivalent to fairy shapeshifting and Nameless says it has Tradition Protection so electronics don't work on it in CCC.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    False. How do you even know he did not sustain any damage? None of that was mentioned in the story. Reread the fucking story before you talk shit.
    Um, I don't know how reliable this translation is, but in chapter 1 this is said about Zeus' thunder.
    https://pastebin.com/EFTRHcyV
    demeter: "if we're not careful, he might do the same here"aphrodite: "as if"
    "do you not know the might of zeus!? that which 14,000 years ago -- at the very birth of this lostbelt -- did shatter without sustaining damage at all an enemy come of the far shore to slay this star? that is the power of zeus' thunder!"
    I think maybe that's where he got it from.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    See if Savepoint's TL on FGO Guides says something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    See if Savepoint's TL on FGO Guides says something similar.
    Savepoints skipped over that line of dialogue, instead just summarising the exchange.

My bad, I'll take the L on that one.

E: I went back and checked just for you:

ゼウスの力を貴様は知るまい!一万と四千年の昔を!
    まさしく、我らが異聞帯の始まりーーー
    彼方より来たりて星を殺さんとした外敵さえ完膚無きまでに打ち砕いてみせた、大雷雲の力を!
    You have no idea of the power of Zeus!14000 years ago, at the very beginning of our lostbelt---
    The foreign invader who came from beyond in an act of slaying this planet was thoroughly crushed - such is the might of the great thundercloud!
    But I'm pretty sure I see what happened here/where falla made the mistake (unless I'm the one making the mistake here, which is possible, I'll admit). 完膚 by definition means "unwounded skin", but 無き is a suffix that means "without", so it's saying "without unwounded skin", which is the opposite of unscathed, since that would be "without wounded skin", and so that part is referencing the invader, not zeus himself. Effectively, the whole phrase is saying that the enemy was crushed so thoroughly there wasn't a single piece of them left unharmed.
    Last edited by fumei; July 26th, 2020 at 08:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Paracelsus isn't mainly a fighter. Like Medea, he's a a magus,Type-Moon is a Japanese game company, best known for their visual novels, co-founded by author Kinoko Nasu and illustrator Takashi Takeuchi。i am playing fifa ultimate team now.i spend a lot of time in game to make fut coins.To improve your club in FIFA Ultimate Team mode you need to buy packs and/or trade item cards at the Transfer Market. To do so, you need to spend FIFA coins. The more coins you have, the more items and packs you can buy at FUT 21 mode.
    Last edited by player1986; September 22nd, 2020 at 09:14 AM.

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    But I'm pretty sure I see what happened here/where falla made the mistake (unless I'm the one making the mistake here, which is possible, I'll admit). 完膚 by definition means "unwounded skin", but 無き is a suffix that means "without", so it's saying "without unwounded skin", which is the opposite of unscathed, since that would be "without wounded skin", and so that part is referencing the invader, not zeus himself. Effectively, the whole phrase is saying that the enemy was crushed so thoroughly there wasn't a single piece of them left unharmed.
    I'm pretty sure your interpretation here is right.

完膚無きまで looks like a set phrase meaning "completely/thoroughly/horribly/without exception," or to make it more literal, "until there is no untouched/undamaged part." So "thoroughly crushed" is a perfectly good translation. Either way, definitely doesn't say anything about Zeus being unharmed.
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    I'm pretty sure your interpretation here is right.

完膚無きまで looks like a set phrase meaning "completely/thoroughly/horribly/without exception," or to make it more literal, "until there is no untouched/undamaged part." So "thoroughly crushed" is a perfectly good translation. Either way, definitely doesn't say anything about Zeus being unharmed.
    Yeah, fallacies said she must've skipped over it in the speed translations (the notes). No big deal, we have the TL now.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Which was better Atlantis or Olympus up till Chaos being sent back to the Shadow Realm
    and why

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Atlantis because the map music is better and Achilles is cool.
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Atlantis because we get a horde of friends who all get to do something cool

Cu vs Raikou been done?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Don't think so.

how well do you think a full power Beast would fare against a TYPE?

also, do you think that all Beasts (except perhaps number 7) are all roughly as strong as each other (not accounting for differences in skillset specialization)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Cu vs Raikou been done?
    do you think Cu is inferior to Suzuka?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Raikou has nothing against Gae Bolg, which means she'd have to pressure him in close combat enough where he can't assume the stance for using it. Saber managed that with Shirou stats, though Cu was nerfed at the time. At range Cu has a slight advantage since Protection from Arrows, but that's only a 5th of Ox Call that's ignored, so there's still issues there.

I think he'll win the majority of the time assuming Raikou doesn't know he's immune to arrows; trying to shoot him would be just the opening he needs to NP.
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Raikou does have her Anti-Mystery advantage going on yhough

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    how well do you think a full power Beast would fare against a TYPE?

also, do you think that all Beasts (except perhaps number 7) are all roughly as strong as each other (not accounting for differences in skillset specialization)?

- - - Updated - - -

do you think Cu is inferior to Suzuka?
    I mean it probably depends on the match up and compatibility but as far as a general rule goes a beast is gonna get wedgied hard.

Goetia cries because he’s only defended against servants and his main power that makes him a beast is a built up Kamehameha. Could Tiamom eventually make lifeforms that could hurt a Type and “kill” one? Maybe but I don’t think she’d live long enough for that.

so on.

As far as Raikou blasts vs Cu, he could always rune shield and Gae Bolg throw to do a Rhon Aius + Pegasus vs Excalibur to win. Otherwise Cu likely has more of an anti-hero and anti-person attribute compared to Raikou, and more utility in runes.