Page 6385 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 5385588562856335637563806383638463856386638763906395 ... LastLast
Results 127,681 to 127,700 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the fact that Types come with concepts different from what you find on Earth is the main issue.

ORT is "mercuryforming" Gaia during its sleep, yo. Think about that for a second.

It's not only power and scale, you also need the right affinity or have specific weaponry to deal with (each of) these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    One of the TYPEs killed a continent with its death scream.
    That was one of the Six Sisters during the war against the Ether Liners. It took the other 5 to achieve mutual destruction with Type Pluto. They always seemed to be very formidable though, not too far from the level of a Type.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Well since 30% Arc without any backup has B rank parameters all around in F/GO, if we assume linear scaling (questionable, I know), 100% Arc should have approximately A++ parameters all around. While this is probably stronger than any individual servant, I don't think a team of some of the strongest servants would be beaten without a fight. I do believe the trio has a chance at victory, especially since they have infinite mana and Crimson Moon wouldn't have any of Arc's more powerful hax like marble phantasm.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Oh God, we've come full circle with the Arc wank.

Is this the future you expected? Nasu?!
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    TM with no Arc wank isn't TM. I'm now waiting for FGO to give us an overpowered Super Gilgamesh so that everything can be right again.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    Well since 30% Arc without any backup has B rank parameters all around in F/GO, if we assume linear scaling (questionable, I know), 100% Arc should have approximately A++ parameters all around. While this is probably stronger than any individual servant, I don't think a team of some of the strongest servants would be beaten without a fight. I do believe the trio has a chance at victory, especially since they have infinite mana and Crimson Moon wouldn't have any of Arc's more powerful hax like marble phantasm.
    Don't think this line of reasoning really works, Arc is explicitly nerfed by being stuck in a Servant Saint Graph (also, stats are unreliable). A better way would be to scale her from other Elementals or similar beings who have been shown to be able to take on a group of servants (Woodwose, Mei-Ren).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Stats are also meaningless for Arcueid: she adjusts them according to her opponent's level.

Because of her being in a Saint Graph in FGO, there actually is a limit to this power. Otherwise the planet would just keep pumping steroids into her until she's strong enough for the situation.

As far as I'm aware the only thing that manifesting in a saint graph nerfed is her Earth authority, thereby weakening her backup and ability to manipulate the Earth from "playing pinball with continents" to "causing large storms and earthquakes". It's never been stated to affect her base stats in anyway to my knowledge.

Also even if Arc uses her backup most of the time there are moments where she isn't able to do so (for example, when Shiki cut her connection to the planet in the Ciel route), so I wouldn't say Arc's base stats are entirely meaningless. I also think there's a cap on her backup even when it isn't nerfed because of her Fate/Extra profile stating there are some opponents that her specs are unable to exceed.

That being said, Arc's Earth authority is irrelevant to this discussion since Crimson Moon doesn't have it anyway and therefore wouldn't be getting any backup.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Extra profile stating there are some opponents that her specs are unable to exceed.
    Because of the Moon Cell. Her abilities are gimped.

Anyway, she also notes that her Saint Graph body is frail. And you can't really fault Shiki killing the world against her. Not many are going to be able to kill nature(Let alone that completely) in an area to where she can't draw anything at all and weaken her*.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As far as I'm aware the only thing that manifesting in a saint graph nerfed is her Earth authority, thereby weakening her backup and ability to manipulate the Earth from "playing pinball with continents" to "causing large storms and earthquakes". It's never been stated to affect her base stats in anyway to my knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archetype:Earth FGO Profile
    ○原初の一:D地球からのバックアップを受け、敵対した相手より一段階上の出力、存在規模を獲得する。……のだが、筐体が世界卵ではなく霊基であるため、十全に発揮できないようだ。戦闘中 、各種ステータスを必要に応じて1~2ランクアップするに留まる。
    Guess you weren't aware enough.

This discussion is being derailed a bit lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Because of the Moon Cell. Her abilities are gimped.
    IIRC the materials only state the length of time she can use her backup for is nerfed due to the moon cell, not that the amount of backup she can receive is nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Guess you weren't aware enough.
    I can't read Japanese but if my mtl is correct this just states her backup is weakened to only being able to improve her parameters once or twice due to not having a world egg. It doesn't seem to say anything about her base parameters.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's the point, Arc at 100% power isn't just her Base Parameters times 3 likes you so naively tried to calculate. Even in a nerfed Saint Graph state she can still take those parameters 1-2 times higher. Does that equal 30% Arc? Probably not, since 30% Arc is still using the much more powerful World Egg frame. The point is, those parameters do you little good on trying to calculate her actual capabilities. You were super far off.

Was it ever clarified whether 30%/100% Arc includes her backup from the Earth and not just her innate capabilities without backup? Asking because I haven't read Tsukihime Remake and I don't recall it being talked about in OG Tsuki.

Was it ever clarified whether 30%/100% Arc includes her backup from the Earth and not just her innate capabilities without backup? Asking because I haven't read Tsukihime Remake and I don't recall it being talked about in OG Tsuki.
    Arc is 30% because of her bloodlust and having to use 70% of her power to restrain it. Technically she should be less than 30% total because of stolen power. Why would she be receiving backup to put her above an enemy when she's normally already above everyone and that's her walking around state?
    IIRC the materials only state the length of time she can use her backup for is nerfed due to the moon cell, not that the amount of backup she can receive is nerfed.
    It says it raises her power to be above her enemy and that on the earth there is no penalty but in the moon cell there exists duration limitations and some enemies can't be exceeded. It's the same skill that's being nerfed by her saint graph except even more useless.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    One of the TYPEs killed a continent with its death scream. They're definitely well above Grand tier, at the very least, but Beasts are disgustingly strong and have a ton of hax bullshit on their side.

Kiara gets an insta-win against anything with desire, but what kind of desire could you expect from a gas giant, or a tree that continuously spawns angels? PM gains power as long as there's strife, but what if the alien doesn't believe it's actually fighting, and the task is more like sweeping the house? Tiamat could almost definitely kill one or two of them, but if they can survive her attacks long enough they could probably depopulate the Earth and then clap her so hard they impose whatever their world's version of death is on her once she's weakened.
    I feel like I'm the only one really reading the story because in the Extra CCC Matrix, we already have Dragons being able to throw around Dragon Breath equal to destroying a Country on their own(Which is collaborated on with Fafnir very easily trying to do that in the Mortallis Stella telling of Orleans and Siegfried completely believed he can stop that) and regardless of the damage afterwards, Lostbelt Artemis very clearly can blow right through Planets with her Laser and the only thing capable of stopping her is a Divine Construct of any kind according to Hephaestus.

Grands should very easily be stronger than that, last I checked. Of course, I'm not discounting TYPEs but let's not pretend we should ignore what the Story itself has shown and given us nor should we believe that at this point, TYPEs aren't going to get a levelup as the Servants did since F/SN and beyond.

Hell, my argument isn't even that TYPEs aren't as strong as Servants, it's just we have nothing to prove that alone outside of Arcueid and ORT(And even if we go with Crimson Moon vs. Prime Zelretch, do we have any idea of Zelretch completely outstrips a Grand by that logic? Or are we going by the context of the feat itself but ignore the other evidence in Servants' favor that Nasu has ultimately allowed to go through and even acknowledges in his own storylines?)

It's because Ultimate One is limited on the Moon Cell rather than there being a cap to it. Since the restriction you mention directly follows from "due to being on the Moon Cell".
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Arc is 30% because of her bloodlust and having to use 70% of her power to restrain it. Technically she should be less than 30% total because of stolen power. Why would she be receiving backup to put her above an enemy when she's normally already above everyone and that's her walking around state?

It says it raises her power to be above her enemy and that on the earth there is no penalty but in the moon cell there exists duration limitations and some enemies can't be exceeded. It's the same skill that's being nerfed by her saint graph except even more useless.
    iirc it was stated post Tsukihime Arc is at 50% of her full power so the power Roa took from her seems to be taken into account when it's said Arc is at 30%.

At any rate, if her backup outside the moon cell truly doesn't have a cap on how strong she can get then it follows that her backup isn't taken into account when determining whether she is "30%" or "100%" since if Arc can just grow stronger limitlessly she wouldn't have a 100% in the first place. Consequently, I think it's likely for 100% Arc to really just be her F/GO stats multiplied by about 3, even if it seems kind of dumb.

I actually wonder if they'll address her % post Tsuki in MBTL since they're basically doing the same setting as old MB and her recent profile just said she's always using 70%.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehennahem View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one really reading the story because in the Extra CCC Matrix, we already have Dragons being able to throw around Dragon Breath equal to destroying a Country on their own(Which is collaborated on with Fafnir very easily trying to do that in the Mortallis Stella telling of Orleans and Siegfried completely believed he can stop that) and regardless of the damage afterwards, Lostbelt Artemis very clearly can blow right through Planets with her Laser and the only thing capable of stopping her is a Divine Construct of any kind according to Hephaestus.

Grands should very easily be stronger than that, last I checked. Of course, I'm not discounting TYPEs but let's not pretend we should ignore what the Story itself has shown and given us nor should we believe that at this point, TYPEs aren't going to get a levelup as the Servants did since F/SN and beyond.

Hell, my argument isn't even that TYPEs aren't as strong as Servants, it's just we have nothing to prove that alone outside of Arcueid and ORT(And even if we go with Crimson Moon vs. Prime Zelretch, do we have any idea of Zelretch completely outstrips a Grand by that logic? Or are we going by the context of the feat itself but ignore the other evidence in Servants' favor that Nasu has ultimately allowed to go through and even acknowledges in his own storylines?)
    Grands aren't going to be straight up more powerful than gods. They're the ideal version of a hero, not somebody who blasts Namek into a million pieces.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    About Arc in FGO, or as a servant in general, it doesn't really need to be stated in her profile that she's nerfed tbh. It happens to every particularly strong hero. Just look at Heian compared to Shimousa, since it's probably the most direct comparison we have. Arc even more so due to her role and status, since even less special Elementals are still OP. Also it's been like 6 years since I played Extra so I might be saying something dumb, but wasn't there something about Gatou nerfing her by believing she was a divine spirit since she was actually better than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehennahem View Post

I don't really see the point in bringing up Zelretch. He's a walking cheat code, there's no reason why he would be stronger or weaker than anyone. He's the one who scales from Crimson Moon, not the opposite.

And honestly yeah, characters in Notes killing continents is more than proof enough. Even wanking dragons by assuming they can break the whole landmass the country is on that's still far from being continental scale, and only an handful of servants would comfortably surpass Fafnir. Also there are like two different occasions where a random meteor being a danger to strong servants was a plot point, lots of people are impressed or scared by Ivan being mountain sized, Tiamat's 1st form releasing as much energy as a nuclear bomb was a big thing, and probably lots of other stuff I don't remember rn. Even if you go up to true gods and stuff, a lot of Skadi's hype was due to being able to cover Scandinavia in magical energy, and Surtr's hype was being able to burn it.

I'm not even saying TYPES should all be 100% stronger than any Beasts or Grands or whatever. Just that they're clearly in that big ballpark of higher tiers, as they are the peak lifeforms of entire planets, while Earth is full of Elementals, Gods and weapons that outscale servants with ease.

im not interested in debating the strenght of types because everyone has their opinion about that, but why do people think they can destroy the planet when their enemies where comparable to nuclear bombs and they were not inmediatly killed during battle against them, the special thing is their durability except against slash emperor and the special ability each has and the only feat they have is the core of jupiter going berserk after beign sliced in half and only burning the surface of a single continent
    Last edited by Light; August 11th, 2022 at 11:29 AM.