Page 6314 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 53145814621462646304630963126313631463156316631963246364 ... LastLast
Results 126,261 to 126,280 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Wasn't Astolfo given as an example of an average Servant in some interview, or am I mixing up fan assumptions with writer statements?
    Astolfo with his 4 nps is so averagee..

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Astolfo with his 4 nps is so averagee..
    Riders having a lot of NPs is their thing and none of Astolfo's are really gamebreakers. Except Luna Break Manual maybe but even then only on a new moon.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Riders having a lot of NPs is their thing and none of Astolfo's are really gamebreakers. Except Luna Break Manual maybe but even then only on a new moon.
    Only since Apoc.

Iskander was/is considered a top-tier Servant of the Rider Class and he has two. It's just another case of Apoc going Crazy with the Power Levels/Escalation.

Our Riders all have 5 NP! And we have Armies of Mooks! And Flying Fortresses! And Infinite Magic for our Servants!
    Last edited by forumghost; September 14th, 2020 at 07:54 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean it's more "Bunch of NPs for lower stats then Knight Classes" in general, but it's not like Big Deal Heroes/Author Pets can't bullshit their way to having both like Achilles.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Iskandar has Ionioi Hetairoi, Gordius' Wheel, and Bucephalus. It's a lot for a Servant back then.

That said, there are a lot of non-Rider Servants that can get around having limited NPs by it being counted as a single NP, with GoB being the most (in)famous example. So Riders having multiple NPs doesn't sound that special anymore.

Makes me wonder if people manifested from NPs count as NP themselves, like Riders' mounts.

US Friend Code
    Medusa has 3 NPs which I'm pretty sure was more than anyone else in FSN. I guess Saber comes even if we count Invisible Air.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Medusa has 3 NPs which I'm pretty sure was more than anyone else in FSN. I guess Saber comes even if we count Invisible Air.
    By that logic Avalon shouldn't count since it's not something she has unless by pure chance.

Tbh, people's tolerance will vary depending on the kind of NP (like GoB and such).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Only since Apoc.

Iskander was/is considered a top-tier Servant of the Rider Class and he has two. It's just another case of Apoc going Crazy with the Power Levels/Escalation.

Our Riders all have 5 NP! And we have Armies of Mooks! And Flying Fortresses! And Infinite Magic for our Servants!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Iskandar has Ionioi Hetairoi, Gordius' Wheel, and Bucephalus. It's a lot for a Servant back then.

That said, there are a lot of non-Rider Servants that can get around having limited NPs by it being counted as a single NP, with GoB being the most (in)famous example. So Riders having multiple NPs doesn't sound that special anymore.

Makes me wonder if people manifested from NPs count as NP themselves, like Riders' mounts.
    Good question.
    If you take everything super literally Rider's NPs in Zero are The God Bulls, Gordius Wheel, Via Expugnatio, and IH, so 4

Two Divine Bulls#report error
    noble phantasm
    Refers to the “God Bulls,” the two bulls that pull the Gordius Wheel chariot. In Greek mythology, Zeus, the master of lightning, transforms into a white bull in order to seduce Europa, princess of Tyre. Gordius Wheel is a chariot said to have been given as an offering to Zeus, so the divine bulls appear as part of the noble phantasm reflecting this background.

Fate/Zero Animation Guide I: Glossary of the holy grail war I
    Gordius Wheel#report error
    noble phantasm
    A war chariot pulled by a pair of divine bulls who trample the enemy with hoof, wheel, and lightning. Rider’s Rank A+ anti-army noble phantasm. It can shape-shift into the ideal form to traverse any terrain with maximum efficiency. It isn’t limited to moving along the ground and can also fly in the sky. Iskander is said to have cut the knot binding an ox cart tied up at the shrine by Gordias, King of Phrygia. This event is the origin of the saying “cutting the Gordian Knot.”
    His stat sheet also calls Gordius Wheel a NP. However, GO mats retcons? clairifies? Gordius Wheel as not a NP even if its put in a NP slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by GO nats
    Wheels of Heaven’s Authority

Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: 2-50
    Maximum target: 100 persons

Gordius Wheel.
    The very reason that he is a “mounted soldier”; the chariot pulled by 2 flying hooved lightning bulls. It is able to run through not only the grounds, but even the air as its own domain.
    Lightning surges on tracks where ever the divine bulls tread upon.
    He is able to summon it anywhere by cleaving the air with the Sword of Cypriot.
    Because the chariot’s various parts can be curtailed and stored away, it is also able to take the most optimum form that matches the terrain topography.
    In the driver’s spot, a protection field is formed, able to at least fend off blood splashes.
    Strictly speaking, this is not a Noble Phantasm, but an armament that exemplifies Iskandar.

Therefore he has ~3.5?
    Last edited by You; September 14th, 2020 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    So the Divine Bulls and Gordius Wheel count as separate NP, huh.
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; September 14th, 2020 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    The total energy value of Ars Almadel Salomonis is equivalent to a galaxy, and was compared to a supernova in time temple.
    how are those two statements compatible? a galaxy is much greater than a supernova. when was "galaxy" even mentioned?

Why are we saying "Gods" and "Divine Spirits" as being the same thing when comparing them to Servants?

those two terms are meant for radically different beings. we have known this for a few years now

Its weird, like romulus quirinus was able to fight a full tier god in lb5.2...

US Friend Code
    He was a Grand, he wasn't alone, and I'm pretty sure there was conceptual stuff about Rome surpassing Greece.

US Friend Code
    An imaginary scenario: If Ritsuka only has one Servant beside Mashu and Shadow Border crew(Holmes, Da Vinci, etc) to fight Crypters from LB1 to LB5, with the same storyline like meeting allies such as Patxi and summoning other Servants from within Lostbelt like Avicebron, Napoleon etc. which one would have the best/worst chance and which part in the story will they potentially struggle the most, with the following Servants:

-Gilgamesh
    -Ozymandias
    -Karna(in LB4, the Karna summoned alongside Rama is Ritsuka's Karna so it's a forgone conclusion)

They're my picks due to how broken they were in their home series, therefore the likeliest candidates to win. If you guys have other suggestions, feel free to add them as well as the reasoning behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Its weird, like romulus quirinus was able to fight a full tier god in lb5.2...
    That was because he was conceptually a chief god on par with Zeus, so their authorities canceled one another.
    With them Quirinus should be one of the strongest Grand we've seen till now.
    Last edited by Mementore; September 16th, 2020 at 02:46 AM.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    how are those two statements compatible? a galaxy is much greater than a supernova. when was "galaxy" even mentioned?
    The energy comparison was to the lostbelt trees.
    The supernova comparison was for destruction of Solomon's reality marble.
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    Why are we saying "Gods" and "Divine Spirits" as being the same thing when comparing them to Servants?

those two terms are meant for radically different beings. we have known this for a few years now
    Divine Spirits and gods are interchangeable. Just because there's a different category of gods, doesn't make divine spirits not gods. Additionallyy, the difference between a divine spirit and a god is not power-based, but independence.

He was a Grand, he wasn't alone, and I'm pretty sure there was conceptual stuff about Rome surpassing Greece.
    Grand didn't buff Romulus. It was explained in his profile that a grand saint graph was the only way for a servant vessel to hold his original power.
    He gets no conceptual advantage against Zeus. He is just a divine spirit as strong as Zeus. This, again, was in his profile.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    He is just a divine spirit as strong as Zeus.
    But Lostbelt Zeus wasn't a Divine Spirit, but a full-blown god

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    But Lostbelt Zeus wasn't a Divine Spirit, but a full-blown god
    That's the point. A divine spirit can equal a god, and nothing ever said otherwise.

archer vs Erza.

I shall watch the sweet choas.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    D-Meme's meteor vs. Erza's meteor
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3