Page 6383 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 5383588362836333637363786381638263836384638563886393 ... LastLast
Results 127,641 to 127,660 of 128222

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    But he doesn't need to. You can't cast magecraft without an incantation (unless you have another shortcut like a Crest or a Mystic Code), but you CAN use a Reality Marble. Archer does it all the time. Thus the argument "he's gonna get mobbed before activating it" is invalid.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    I think you are mixing up Projection with the actual Reality Marble.

You have to run through the incantations to deploy the Reality Marble. You can cast it a bit faster with High Speed Incantation or what not, but you have to run through it, that is how spell works.

The only people who don't need casting to deploy Reality Marbles are Faeries/Elementals/some sort of non-human entity.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    This goes into semantics a bit, but the definition of a Reality Marble is, it's a spell designed to allow a magus to pull off what Fae/Elementals/some other weirdoes do by default.

It's only an RM if it's done via spell. Freakish versions like Iskander's, which aren't a spell, and are maintained by the power of friendship (and, some to think of it, most other heroes who got theirs as a result of their hero-dom rather than through decades of research), don't really count. EMIYA's RM is actually the real deal here and most of the other HSs are the fakers, depending on your point of view. But then if you look at it another way, he's the loser trying to recreate what they can do by default and he goes back to being the faker. Isn't it sad, EMIYA?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Something interesting is that EMIYA doesn't necessarily need to run through the entire incantation, he can cut down some of it if he feels like it as he's shown in the past. Also, I'm pretty sure reality marbles granted by legend rather than being something possessed in life, as well as those naturally possessed certain beings, still belong in the category of spells (Iskander still needs an incantation after all).

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    Something interesting is that EMIYA doesn't necessarily need to run through the entire incantation, he can cut down some of it if he feels like it as he's shown in the past. Also, I'm pretty sure reality marbles granted by legend rather than being something possessed in life, as well as those naturally possessed certain beings, still belong in the category of spells (Iskander still needs an incantation after all).
    I am pretty sure Archer does run through the entire incantation. It is just disjointed and blotted out because Shirou cannot follow fast enough.

If you can truncate spells, why bother with High Speed Incantation and all that jazz?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm pretty sure reality marbles granted by legend rather than being something possessed in life, as well as those naturally possessed certain beings, still belong in the category of spells (Iskander still needs an incantation after all).
    Actually did Iskander need an incantation?

He gave the bros-for-life speech after the reality marble deployed.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    99% sure Iskander's isn't a spell. He doesn't cast anything, it's an NP he got by becoming a HS. Just the name callout is enough.

Same with Nero, and probably Nobu as well.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

EMIYA always incantates it.

Other Servants are using a NP taking the form of a RM, not a world egg spell, yeah.

Upon thinking about it a bit more, I think EMIYA and Rin could win even at close range if EMIYA projects an anti army noble phantasm like Gae Bolg or something, especially if Rin boosts him with a command spell. He just needs to make sure Rin isn't caught up in the AoE (if Rin dies from the blast, does it still count as the team's win since Archer can survive with independent action?)

Let's not talk about winning. I am not sure Archer would even successfully make a tactical retreat consistently.

Even humans with Noble Phantasms can be very problematic. Just look at Bazett for example.

Sure Archer can solo any of them, but there's no way he can fight dozens of these guys at once.
    You are not gonna have the time or space to fire an anti-army level of attack in a gangbang.
    These are not Hundred-Face mooks.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    If we take Jester's observations as accurate, it depends a lot on how much experience Calatin have with their noble phantasms.
    "Let me see... In my humble opinion, if you keep going like this, around the time she's slaughtered seven tenths of you, the remaining officers will fully accept their Noble Phantasms as parts of themselves, and awaken. Once that happens, the odds will be fifty-fifty. But if even one mage capable of seeing through the nature of her Noble Phantasm remains, the scales will tip in favor of the ladies and gentlemen of the police." After taking the initiative to forecast the flow of the battle, the young man continued: "Exquisite. I mean that. If you make use of your experience in this battle, and manage to replenish your numbers, then you may indeed be able to fight classes for the battle-mad, like Saber or Archer, head on."

I don't think they'll be able to replenish their numbers here so yeah

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I admit I'm a scrub for never bothering to read the novel, but Alexander doesn't use any incantation at all when he summons his Reality Marble in the anime. And he does that at least twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    This goes into semantics a bit, but the definition of a Reality Marble is, it's a spell designed to allow a magus to pull off what Fae/Elementals/some other weirdoes do by default.

It's only an RM if it's done via spell. Freakish versions like Iskander's, which aren't a spell, and are maintained by the power of friendship (and, some to think of it, most other heroes who got theirs as a result of their hero-dom rather than through decades of research), don't really count. EMIYA's RM is actually the real deal here and most of the other HSs are the fakers, depending on your point of view. But then if you look at it another way, he's the loser trying to recreate what they can do by default and he goes back to being the faker. Isn't it sad, EMIYA?
    I might be misremembering but wasn't the whole lesson Shirou learned in UBW that Projection would never be fast enough and he could never Project weapons worth a damn anyway, so so he just pulled swords out of UBW directly?
    Last edited by Deathhappens; July 29th, 2022 at 01:59 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post

I might be misremembering but wasn't the whole lesson Shirou learned in UBW that Projection would never be fast enough and he could never Project weapons worth a damn anyway, so so he just pulled swords out of UBW directly?
    It is always Projection.

The difference is the source. Instead of going from memory/analysis, Shirou later just used the images from UBW.

UBW is not like Lair of the Beast's King. It is not always deployed, so you can't just pull swords out of it directly.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think they'll be able to replenish their numbers here so yeah
    I guess we will see how the plot evolves. It looks like initially the team is pretty scrub.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    No, it was that Projection was a bastard offshoot of what he was really capable of. He projects, and because he's got the weapons sitting around in his soulbrain, his projections aren't just low-tier magus overlays like they should be, but partial reproductions of his own ridiculously specific shit.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by Best Girl View Post
    Let's not talk about winning. I am not sure Archer would even successfully make a tactical retreat consistently.

Even humans with Noble Phantasms can be very problematic. Just look at Bazett for example.

Sure Archer can solo any of them, but there's no way he can fight dozens of these guys at once.
    You are not gonna have the time or space to fire an anti-army level of attack in a gangbang.
    These are not Hundred-Face mooks.
    Hundred-Face Mooks are probably more dangerous honestly until they get super advance.. maybe

Well, to begin with bazett isn't just a human with a NP, she's someone that's at a high level of expertise in combat, super pedigree and mystery and a paradigm also well suited for unga bunga.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Hundred-Face Mooks are probably more dangerous honestly until they get super advance.. maybe

I think you forgot how useless some of the mooks are... there are cosplayers in there...

Can you give me some examples of the assassins amongst the Hundred Faced One who gave you the most enduring impressions?

Gen: It ought to be "the assassin who is famous for impersonating Toyotomi Hideyoshi".
    Nasu: For me, it ought to be the assassin whose expertise is in sexing chicks.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Melusine vs. Rin!Saber
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I forget exactly how strong Melubum is supposed to be because the references in LB6 don't really stick with me like Saber's do.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Apparently the fae knights are all so strong they could solo their own knights, or the entire KotR, at once.

Or something.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Melusine as Fae Lancelot fought Muramasa and Caster Cu at the same time so she should already be more than a good match for Saber. As a dragon it's probably overkill.