Page 6330 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 53305830623062806320632563286329633063316332633563406380 ... LastLast
Results 126,581 to 126,600 of 128223

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Lancer!Diarmuid, Probably. Knightly Tactics (somehow) shuts down Instinct, so she can't Jedi Precog her way out of shit. Gae Dearg bypasses Invisible Air and her Armour, and Gae Buidhe shuts down any regeneration because it lowers Max HP instead of just doing damage.

She still has Excalibur, but apparently if her finger gets a papercut she can't use it.

It's almost as though Deermud was created from the ground up to be an anti-Artoria Servant who's only meaningful action in Zero is to cripple Saber early on.
    Sadly Diarmuid and Urobuchi never got to the point of needing to figure out some sort of counter to Strike Air.

Maybe Kayneth could've helped DIarmuid not die from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    (yes I know, but the tunatha de denaan were technically humans before they were gods, you could plausibly summon one)
    Humans? Eh... from the sources, academics, and commentators I’ve researched, no, the Tuatha were never human. They were always a supernatural/mythical race. Moreover, Lugh specifically may have been a god that was incorporated into the Tuatha pantheon from continental Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Sadly Diarmuid and Urobuchi never got to the point of needing to figure out some sort of counter to Strike Air.

you sidestep

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code

Nah, Diarmuid would probably reveal that he just so conveniently only knows one spell, and that one spell is for dispelling/calming/dispersing wind.

It's an essential charm for any traveler seeking safe passage across the rolling fields of Ireland.

Any wind monsters in irish myth

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    you sidestep
    How are noble phantasms real, just walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Nah, Diarmuid would probably reveal that he just so conveniently only knows one spell, and that one spell is for dispelling/calming/dispersing wind.
    Obviously he should've used it to make invisible air disperse so he could see Excalibur from the beginning then /s. At least Hassan gets to be cool with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    It's an essential charm for any traveler seeking safe passage across the rolling fields of Ireland.
    Honestly I'm surprised to a point that Urobuchi didn't try to give him some anti-dragon stuff because of reasons.

Well i used to find it very convenient, but then Nasu said that it also protects from explosions cuz shockwaves are just another form of wind. So now that they have it to survive suicide bombing it feels less asspull somehow. Especially since he says the thing right before relying on it.

remind me again, what secret method did Gil and Alexander both use to not die when faced with an incoming wall of excaliblast?

Blog Entries
    Alexander sacrificed one of his noble phantasms as a shield, and Gil died, IIRC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Well i used to find it very convenient, but then Nasu said that it also protects from explosions cuz shockwaves are just another form of wind. So now that they have it to survive suicide bombing it feels less asspull somehow. Especially since he says the thing right before relying on it.
    I'm pretty sure the bit about blocking explosions with it was just a gag.

Personally, it never bothered me too much. It's just one of those minor abilities which helps add flavor to a Servant's sheet. There are plenty of Servants who have them and never get the chance to use them (eg. Gilles's aesthetic appreciation), so it stands to reason that occasionally one of them should luck out and actually get matched against an opponent where it's useful.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    remind me again, what secret method did Gil and Alexander both use to not die when faced with an incoming wall of excaliblast?
    They both jumped, but Gil jumped better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Alexander sacrificed one of his noble phantasms as a shield, and Gil died, IIRC
    Nope. Iskandar jumped out of the way faster than the bulls
    Gilgamesh just moved to the side and it missed him completely.

I don't get it either but that's what the LN said. AUO 2 fast.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Iskander knew Gordius Wheel couldn't stand up to Excalibur. So he gambled on running her over during the Invisible Air dispel + Excalibur cast time.
    When the Ex-- was said and Iskander still had not run over Saber, Iskander ditched the chariot because his first priority was Waver's safety.
    Waver thinks if Rider was alone he wouldn't have ditched the chariot at Ex-- and thus could have won.
    A rational Master would definitely use the power of the Command Spell to stop him; the Servant himself knew this well, too, but he wished to act recklessly anyway. Was this the case?

“You… are you really going to initiate the attack? From this angle? Rush straight over?”

“That sword of light that we saw at the riverside. When Saber has taken her stance and is preparing to use it, we shall see if my Gordius Wheel can use the time lapse to cross this distance. This is what we are contesting.”

Waver’s expression changed drastically; he began to recalculate the distance between both sides.

It would be just in time; this was so alarmingly dangerous.

Comparing the time he remembered it would take Saber to activate her Noble Phantasm and the acceleration power of Rider’s Noble Phantasm... No matter what angle he looked at it, it was very difficult to guess at the final result. The distance across which the two confronted each other was really very opportune.
    “Light is at the other end of the world—conquer! Via Expugnatio: Distant Trampling Domination!”

The true name of that which had finally been released, the chariot drawn by divine bulls from which lightning suddenly burst forth. The majestic braying of the divine bulls under whose feet Berserker had been trampled in the first battle could never compare to this.

“—Let the wind come!”

Seeing her opponent rush towards her, Saber also hurriedly pulled out her sword under the protection of the air pressure.

Opening the vortex of the hurricane, a golden light shone forth as if to show the kingship of the knight; prana was continuously roiling.

“AAAALaLaLaLaLaie !!”

Accompanying Rider’s roar, the bulls stamped hard once on the asphalt ground; their cloven hooves rushed forward like raging billows. Waver, though overwhelmed by their majesty, nevertheless made an utmost effort to open his eyes wide, so as not to pass out again like the last time. At the fore was a very strong anti-city Noble Phantasm about to be released; in order to gain the initiative, Rider rushed as if his life depended on it, definitely unwilling to give up an opportunity to defeat Saber.

The King of Conquerors’ direct attack sent a shiver down Saber’s spine. By the rushing of the divine bulls, the hundred-meter distance had instantaneously been decreased to zero. In the blink of an eye, the might of Gordius Wheel manifested before her eyes.

If the hilt of her precious sword had still been in her hand, then she would definitely have been certain of victory; facing the golden radiance that Rider raised, there was only one thing that she could shout out, one true name.

“Ex—“

In the moment that the rushing incarnation of thunder was about to trample upon Saber’s small frame—

“Calibur!”

Golden lightning, as if radiating countless comets, made the night as bright as day.

“—!”

Waver’s gaze was drawn by this, dazzled by this, and he could not help but turn around—within the intense attack, he rationalized extremely calmly and realized one thing.

He had personally witnessed the light of Saber’s Noble Phantasm, and that meant… the result was that, before the Gordius Wheel had reached its final step, the King of Knights had taken the first step to initiate her attack.

But even thus, the touch of the thickset arm that extended all the way to his shoulder nevertheless did not disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    If I remember it correctly, Gilgamesh moved out of the way *before* Saber released Excalibur, and he wasn't the target in the first place, it was the Grail.

Obviously he should've used it to make invisible air disperse so he could see Excalibur from the beginning then /s.
    I think I missed the joke. Isn't that exactly what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    They both jumped, but Gil jumped better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Iskander knew Gordius Wheel couldn't stand up to Excalibur. So he gambled on running her over during the Invisible Air dispel + Excalibur cast time.
    When the Ex-- was said and Iskander still had not run over Saber, Iskander ditched the chariot because his first priority was Waver's safety.
    Waver thinks if Rider was alone he wouldn't have ditched the chariot at Ex-- and thus could have won.
    i am so sorry YOU, legitimately. i am sorry that you took so much of your time to post all of this.

it was a rethorical question friend. i remember those scenes. i was being facetious

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post

I don't get it either but that's what the LN said. AUO 2 fast.

D rank agility is too fast for snail slow planet core light

remind me again

why can Gae Bolg kill Arc but not Herk? (assuming that it is boosted up to A rank)

When was the last time Excalibur actually hit someone who wasn't standing still or moving in a straight line toward Saber?

When was the last time Excalibur actually hit someone who wasn't standing still or moving in a straight line toward Saber?
    this has been my line for many years

i demand copyright compensation

When was the first time?