Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Nasuverse quotes

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well cutting scissors with paper takes a lot less time and energy than holding the paper up and burning it, so not sure something that splits mountain can be compared with destroying a mountain.

The atom destruction is impressive though and may be a power increase cause we don't know if Nasu intended for atomic destruction in f/sn(I'm doubtful he ever thought about it). I'm not really sure there is anything to actually say that Urobachi intended to increase Excalibur's powerlevel, seems like it stayed the same to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Well, the description kinda implies the monster was atomized. But it's probably just flowery language again, right?
    We don't know if the mountain in fate was atomized though, it was completely and utterly destroyed though, so it could have been atomized as well. I honestly don't think Excalibur's power level changed at all/ there is not sufficient evidence unlike say servant speeds which does appear to have had an increase.

Spitting a mountain is still pretty impressive since it implies penetrating all the way through, and it took four of them and still had 2/3rds of it left.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
    You know, I never really both into Love Craft. Is Cthulhu even really all that powerful, or is he just the most recognizable name?

I know that they're all horrors from beyond and all that, but yeah, is he even really that high in the tier list of horrors?
    He's like mid-tier.

A herald of greater evils.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Spitting a mountain is still pretty impressive since it implies penetrating all the way through, and it took four of them and still had 2/3rds of it left.
    Well yeah its impressive but I don't think it can be compared with destroying a mountain, complete difference in power requirements. A 2000lb bomb is impressive but its not a nuke.

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I defend this with this analogy. A bullet can penetrate all the way through a person when killing them.

What is more powerful? Shooting someone with four bullets, or vaporizing them.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But splitting is a chop.
    So it'd be like what's more powerful? Cutting someone in half or vaporizing them?

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    But splitting is a chop.
    So it'd be like what's more powerful? Cutting someone in half or vaporizing them?
    Are you serious?
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Cthulhu is actually just a high priest to the Outer Gods (the real big wigs in Lovecraft lore), but he could survive a nuclear explosion.

Actually now that I think about it, I guess I'm pretty downsizing Excalibur's power since I have this subconscious habit of immediately comparing it to Ea. That and I guess Saber just needed to kill Caster to kill that 'monster'. If it had become self sufficient without Caster, I suppose it would have regenerated after being 'disintegrated' 10 minutes later.

Quote Originally Posted by lordkaho View Post
    Cthulhu is actually just a high priest to the Outer Gods (the real big wigs in Lovecraft lore), but he could survive a nuclear explosion.
    It's ambiguous whether he's actually a high priest to the Outer Gods specifically, or whether his Starspawn are priests to him... then again, the canon is all very muddled. I consider Shub-Niggurath to be a Great Old One as opposed to an Outer God, for instance.

Either way, Nyarlathotep has succeeded in destroying Earth before in alternate realities, repeating it over and over in different ways for kicks, and Azathoth and Yog-Sothoth basically constitute God, and the entirety of reality as we know it may just be Azathoth's waking dream... The Great Old Ones are nothing compared to the Outer Gods, and the Elder Gods... pfff, what a bunch of jokes.

That and I guess Saber just needed to kill Caster to kill that 'monster'. If it had become self sufficient without Caster, I suppose it would have regenerated after being 'disintegrated' 10 minutes later.
    That is how I understood it as well.
    Last edited by Nahash; November 15th, 2012 at 02:16 AM.

Actually now that I think about it, I guess I'm pretty downsizing Excalibur's power since I have this subconscious habit of immediately comparing it to Ea. That and I guess Saber just needed to kill Caster to kill that 'monster'. If it had become self sufficient without Caster, I suppose it would have regenerated after being 'disintegrated' 10 minutes later.
    Get that not HP Lovecraft shit out of here. You know what I mean by the original Cthulhu. That's essentially the same thing.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Kotomine: "...From the room she was in, you can somehow hear everything said in the chapel. I am sure she fled when she heard you discuss killing her. Forgive me. It is a structural defect."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    We don't know if the mountain in fate was atomized though, it was completely and utterly destroyed though, so it could have been atomized as well. I honestly don't think Excalibur's power level changed at all/ there is not sufficient evidence unlike say servant speeds which does appear to have had an increase.
    The Cthulu thing is a magical object, though, right? Surely it would vanish if blown up sufficiently, like servants do.

No, it's a summoned being from another dimension. It runs on different rules.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Wouldn't it be considered a phantasmal creature like Rider's Pegasus? That thing died with her with Saber's excaliblast. Only mentioning so because that was the NP to Rider, and since Caster's also utilized a summoned creature it would run under similar properties. Then again we are comparing a tiny white horse with wings to a massive tentacled monster plus the the fact Caster runs on an A+ NP (While Rider only has A).

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, that's what I was assuming. I don't think he summoned the "real" Cthulu, any more than Rider summoned the real Pegasus.

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure Rider summoned the real Pegasus.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Rider summoned the real Pegasus.
    If that's true, though, wouldn't it mean that a future Rider (post Fate) would be unable to do so, since he died?

Blog Entries
    There is no Rider post-Fate.

Blog Entries
    "Secret technique"
    Saber charges in.
    The longsword is useless now.
    As long as she's inside its range, its length will backfire.
    But.

"Tsubame-Gaeshi"
    Such logic does not exist with this swordsman.

Quote Originally Posted by SaberGreen View Post
    Wouldn't it be considered a phantasmal creature like Rider's Pegasus? That thing died with her with Saber's excaliblast. Only mentioning so because that was the NP to Rider, and since Caster's also utilized a summoned creature it would run under similar properties. Then again we are comparing a tiny white horse with wings to a massive tentacled monster plus the the fact Caster runs on an A+ NP (While Rider only has A).
    It would be no more a phantasmal creature then a True Demon or a Wraith would be. Also it could become self sufficient and no longer require Caster, a little different from what Rider was doing.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」