Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is a Hollow Ataraxia Anime possible?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Yeah I mean, the fan-service was great. The Avenger/Bazzet dynamic was interesting. Learning the histories of the side Servants was awesome. I overall enjoyed Hollow
    There is literally no reason not to, especially since its pretty obvious Emiya Gohan was made for more marketing tease, and it's basically Hollow-lite.

Plus the best thing is good feeling stuff like this is the Fandom is calm about it with little to no salt and just good vibes. Getting HF after forever is great, but the onrush of "when you gonna make the Fate route ufo?" or "hey, about that Ilya route" when the movies aren't even done is a killjoy

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can't really imagine how a Hollow anime would work, I feel like to make it work as an anime you'd have to cut out a ton of the SoL stuff not to mention the meta stuff to turn it into a linear story and at that point it wouldn't really be Hollow anymore.

Blog Entries
    What's the manga doing
    I saw it on the Fate shelf at the bookstore but didn't look at it

i just love fate/stay night more than my life that's it astrartoria's Avatar
    Hollow Ataraxia is a really good entry in the fate/ series and a good “sequel” (even if it really isn’t a proper one) for Stay Night. The “main” plot/storyline is great and the side stories of the Servants/other minor characters were good too. Even though an anime adaptation made by Ufotable would be great I feel like it would be a really difficult and complicated task, first of all they would have to find a way to explain the whole time loop thing without spoiling the main point of the story. And I feel like some scenes would be definitely cut off considering that they’d prefer to focus on the main story.
    I think many scenes would definitely be epic animated by Ufotable, for example Saber vs Archer or the final fight against the shadows. It would also put the spotlight on Caren and Bazett who are two great characters.
    If they find a way to adapt it into an anime version while mantaining the main feeling of the game I would definitely love an anime adaptation (even though I still think it’s lowkey impossible).
    "No, this night is the start of fate".

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    What's the manga doing
    I saw it on the Fate shelf at the bookstore but didn't look at it
    Where do you live where there are Fate shelves on bookstores and how do I get there

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Well first you buy a plane ticket to Japan
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I can't really imagine how a Hollow anime would work, I feel like to make it work as an anime you'd have to cut out a ton of the SoL stuff not to mention the meta stuff to turn it into a linear story and at that point it wouldn't really be Hollow anymore.
    Endless Eight but multiple seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Ah, I see. One house mortgage, coming right up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Where do you live where there are Fate shelves on bookstores and how do I get there
    It’s a little depressing that they give the KnK manga shelf space but the Tsukihime manga is nowhere to be seen. I guess ever since the collaboration event KnK really is Fate now.

Blog Entries
    Higurashi did it semi-decently, despite the multitude it had to cut. The anime had the "loops" but eventually pieced together the plot.
    You just have to have a skilled director be able to intersperse that certain characters know something ain't right and you could make at least a decent series for it.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It’s a little depressing that they give the KnK manga shelf space but the Tsukihime manga is nowhere to be seen. I guess ever since the collaboration event KnK really is Fate now.
    The solution is clearly to have a Tsuki collab then.

Blog Entries
    Indeed. Then we can have a big retcon as Nasu makes it one universe again instead of a split between the Human Order prospering and other scenarios.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't really talking about the loops although now that you mention them I can't imagine them working in an anime either. Higurashi's loops were at least self-contained arcs and there weren't that many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    There are also the budget options of TW, HK, SG, MY...
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

i just love fate/stay night more than my life that's it astrartoria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    The solution is clearly to have a Tsuki collab then.
    Oh yes that would be great, it would definitely bring more attention to the series and the characters. Also they already made Arcuied a “Servant” in Fate/Extra as they did as well with Shiki so it wouldn’t be a completely random thing.
    "No, this night is the start of fate".

Blog Entries
    Wasn't really talking about the loops although now that you mention them I can't imagine them working in an anime either. Higurashi's loops were at least self-contained arcs and there weren't that many of them.
    There were plenty of arcs, enough to make two seasons and still be missing some material.

For Fate, they could extend some of the interesting stories in the SoL in Hollow, while making the "revelations" that the characters know something is up into a plot and just go back and forth.
    There is some interesting bits in Hollow that are either poorly explored or just barely hinted at that could be given better exposition. And that isn't even me talking about the Sakura/Dilo and her training bits. Things like the Servants getting used to life in Fuyuki for instance, Rin teaching Shirou how to make her crest suppression medicine that is supposed to signify the trust she has in him.

Just a lot of good nuggets for getting to know the characters while also having the intrigue of telling us Bazett's story with Avenger. It gives a chance to really intimately know these characters without the confines of their roles in a War, so I think it's got worth just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    There are also the budget options of TW, HK, SG, MY...
    Myanmar?

Αlso, speaking of the KnK manga, someone literally just uploaded a batch of it on mangadex. Quite the coincidence.

I personally feel that the current "emiya cooking show" serves as some sort of daytime hollow ataraxia in terms of character interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    I personally feel that the current "emiya cooking show" serves as some sort of daytime hollow ataraxia in terms of character interactions.

Yeah, its obvious that the inspiration is HA slice of life parts, just how it inspired Fue doujins and a every slice of life work, but come on, it cant "replace" it. Is really nice and im glad it exist , but its basically 15 minutes worth of episodes and half of it is literally a food recipe. I would rather get an Anime of Fue doujins, lol