Page 103 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3539398101102103104105108113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 4179

Thread: Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia Anime

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    i dont even remember what that was

Blog Entries
    This ep is all over the place
    Animation is either weak (certain scenes have no impact and soldiers and beasts in the beginning looked really lackluster) or really great (big snek)

its also full of weird scenes like Leonidas talking to MCs while in a frame which is just low enough to showcase his bulge
    sushi dono be gentle pls
    Spoiler:

and ana being penetrated live

some scenes could again be done better
    that being said i'm more weirded out than unhappy

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    D-did they deadass skip the tablet dream scene????WHY?!!
    No that was Goetia's first couple lines right at the start of the episode. iirc we don't get the full vision until later.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Oh thank God, regardless that felt a bit abrupt

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    its also full of weird scenes like Leonidas talking to MCs while in a frame which is just low enough to showcase his bulge
    Its only fair that after all the female asses and crotches we get a serving of D

JP Friend Code
    Ushi showing off her sociopathy a bit there was a nice touch. As was Leo in general.

But ultimately too many things were crammed in this episode. It's understandable considering they only have 21 to do the whole Singularity but yeah the pacing didn't do it any favours. That said the scenes they did take their time with were very nice. Merlin and Ana's in particular. They gave a visual represenation on how Merlin eats dreams which was interesting.

CGI Snek looked good in some scenes and bad in others. OST was on point though.

Blog Entries
    Expecting memes and doujins based on Leo rubbing Ritsuka all over.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    The face he made when it happens certainly doesn't help

- - - Updated - - -

Just like Rin Ritsuka is truly defenceless

夜属 Nightkin Irrelevant Passerby's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I'm pretty much feeling the same way about this episode as everyone else, weak overall but with a few good moments. The Merlin/Ana conversation was good, although it got a little exposition-y in a few places. Not too bad though, and the subject itself was pretty interesting.

Snek though, yeesh. Her reveal was real solid, both in terms of animation and framing, but boy did that intimidating atmosphere get squandered immediately afterwards. The impact of a kaiju reveal is significantly reduced when the camera immediately cuts to our main characters having the most stoic expressions possible, with no surprise, awe, or fear. They all have bland serious expressions with none of the momentary panic that should come from seeing a giant explode out from under your feat. This isn't helped by the following exposition cut with Romani and Da Vinci acting in the same manner. It's all just so... understated.

The soldiers freak out afterwards, but the urgency of the situation has already been dampened by the main characters' limp reactions.

This isn't helped by the fact that Snek just kinda stands there without doing anything during this time, and even when she does start talking she's mostly standing frozen in place (with floaty sneks). That's in large part due to the "eh" CG, but a flaw is a flaw. The shots of the environmental damage she's doing are nice and help take the focus off of it, but then the show cuts back to Ritsuka and Mash barely reacting to the mayhem and the tension in the scene falls flat again.

The close ups on Snek's more animated expressions are pretty nice though.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Yeah i'm also getting mixed feelings about this ep and it is the weakest one so far. It never got to the point where i thought it was outright bad, but i do wish some parts were better,But i really do wish they had give leonidas more moments in the previous episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevant Passerby View Post
    Snek though, yeesh. Her reveal was real solid, both in terms of animation and framing, but boy did that intimidating atmosphere get squandered immediately afterwards. The impact of a kaiju reveal is significantly reduced when the camera immediately cuts to our main characters having the most stoic expressions possible, with no surprise, awe, or fear. They all have bland serious expressions with none of the momentary panic that should come from seeing a giant explode out from under your feat. This isn't helped by the following exposition cut with Romani and Da Vinci acting in the same manner. It's all just so... understated.
    I mean these guys are used to giant grotesque demon pillars appearing out of nowhere and even the final boss casually wrecking all the servants with them when nobody expected it, a giant snake woman isn't that surprising anymore by their standards.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Tiamat's reveal was done nicely, and the CGI made her really feel large (?) and definitely uncanny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Yeah i'm also getting mixed feelings about this ep and it is the weakest one so far. It never got to the point where i thought it was outright bad, but i do wish some parts were better,But i really do wish they had give leonidas more moments in the previous episodes.

I mean these guys are used to giant grotesque demon pillars appearing out of nowhere and even the final boss casually wrecking all the servants with them when nobody expected it, a giant snake woman isn't that surprising anymore by their standards.
    It's true that they've been through a lot, but they've also reacted more emotionally to far less. Like, they had more of a reaction to being confronted by random magical beasts in the first episode. The first time Ritsuka and Mash are confronted by enemies in Episode 1, they react with momentary surprise and dismay before getting their game faces on. Like, Babylonia has already done this better. Characters can be conveyed as battle-hardened without sacrificing an active emotional range.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevant Passerby View Post
    It's true that they've been through a lot, but they've also reacted more emotionally to far less. Like, they had more of a reaction to being confronted by random magical beasts in the first episode. The first time Ritsuka and Mash are confronted by enemies in Episode 1, they react with momentary surprise and dismay before getting their game faces on. Like, Babylonia has already done this better. Characters can be conveyed as battle-hardened without sacrificing an active emotional range.
    They were surprised for a second when they were ambushed by enemies while the were still trying to get their bearings, not after waiting for how long it took for gorgon to fully come out when they were already in battle mode. They were only surprised when the ground started shaking, and rightly so.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    They were surprised for a second when they were ambushed by enemies while the were still trying to get their bearings, not after waiting for how long it took for gorgon to fully come out when they were already in battle mode. They were only surprised when the ground started shaking, and rightly so.
    I'm not saying that I wanted them to be freaking out, but there's a range between full panic and stoicism. To make another comparison, let's look at the lead-in to the Enkidu fight in episode 2. Enkidu is revealed to be an enemy and both Ritsuka and Mash stance up together. They've had about as much time to process the present danger as they did when first seeing Gorgon, but you can still see the nervousness in their expressions as the camera zooms in on each of their faces. Both are taking heavy breaths and sweating slightly, but they've nonetheless got a look of determination about them.

This was them facing Enkidu for the first time, and from their perspective Mama Snek poses a threat at least on par with his own at that moment.

Mind you, this isn't as much an issue with characterization as it is a flaw in Episode 7's animation and overall direction. Episode 7 is weaker in both of those qualities than many of the proceeding episodes, so a moment that should've received the same sort of attention to detail is instead left far less engaging.

JP Friend Code
    Upon rewatch I have realised that my favourite scene in the episode is actually "Enkidu" telling Ritsuka to shut up as he skewered Ana. He sounded so grumpy, it was great.

US Friend Code
    heh, English Siduri is Lauren Landa. With Gil as David Vincent that means Siduri and Gil are male and female Robin from Fire Emblem.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Ushi crazy face good. Gudao using Leonidas's wisdom to get Matt back in the game was also good, but I have to question why Merlin talked up Gorgon's Mystic Eyes when they apparently weren't even close to the real deal given that no one got turned into solid rock. Animation was iffy this episode during the casual parts and Ushi's blows looked slow in that mid-episode skirmish. Cool to see Four-tails and cooler to see Goetia on the Time Temple forming Ars Armadel Salomonis and turning the Grails into little Earths to torch. He was missing two rings though in that shot though, which is a rare misstep from an adaptation as detail-focused as this. Merlin's magic circle was cool, but lol at him only popping Charisma now.

CGI Snake was CGI but I'm fine with it, though her leaning forward so sharply was funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    He was missing two rings though in that shot though, which is a rare misstep from an adaptation as detail-focused as this. Merlin's magic circle was cool, but lol at him only popping Charisma now.
    Aren't they just covered by his palm because of the camera angle? The missing ring is supposed to be just a different color ring anyways, instead of not being there, which they did miss the opportunity to show.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Just now I thought how weird itis that Gilgamesh didn't summon any monster/god-slayer or mystery-killing Servant, like Herk or Raikou or Tesla.