Page 3 of 209 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia Anime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    No point, it's not for you. Don't even bother watching.
    Not necessarily doubting you, but care to explain why, and how you know? I mean, me not playing the games doesn't necessarily have to affect my enjoyment of the anime at all. There are plenty of visual novels, manga, and video games that I haven't played yet, but whose anime adaptations I greatly enjoyed. I think whether it's for me or not will depend on the actual content, not whether I'm familiar with the source material or not.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    Not necessarily doubting you, but care to explain why, and how you know? I mean, me not playing the games doesn't necessarily have to affect my enjoyment of the anime at all. There are plenty of visual novels, manga, and video games that I haven't played yet, but whose anime adaptations I greatly enjoyed. I think whether it's for me or not will depend on the actual content, not whether I'm familiar with the source material or not.
    Yeah, that seems really harsh.

I've watched Last Encore despite never having played the original game, and it hasn't dampened my enjoyment thus far. I highly doubt this anime will demand greater familiarity with the source material than that. Each singularity is mostly a self-contained story, and as long as you know the basic plot of GO (timeline is in peril, Chaldea goes around visiting different eras of history to fix everything) I think you should be fine.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Have you watched first order? You know at least the problem that need to be solved in this fgo story, right? About the 7 eras that need to be fixed (called Singularity). This Babylonia is one of those eras, and the last one
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    There's a difference between an anime adaptation of a book you haven't read and an anime adaptation of the last few chapters of a book you haven't read that assumes you're familiar with the rest of the book. It'd be like just jumping into the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy with Return of the King.

More like watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow without watching/reading any of the previous chapter/movies

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    True
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    There's a difference between an anime adaptation of a book you haven't read and an anime adaptation of the last few chapters of a book you haven't read that assumes you're familiar with the rest of the book. It'd be like just jumping into the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy with Return of the King.
    The thing is that GO's story is explicitly divided up into self-contained chapters in the form of Singularities. Other than Mashu's character development, setting lore (which an adaptation will probably skim over anyways) and being able to summon the various Servants we encountered before (90% of which are almost certainly not going to be included), I'm honestly not sure how much you would be missing out on by experiencing them as independent stories.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, obviously there's an added emotional catharsis to experiencing Babylon after accompanying Ritsuka & co through all the other Singularities, but I don't think lacking that means there's nothing worth viewing in it at all.

You can't just watch this without knowing anything about the past chapters.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Well for one thing, without Okeanos and London you don't know anything at all about Solomon going into Babylonia. And it was America that established Merlin was involved in GO's plot, and King Hassan was introduced in Camelot. And those examples all come with me not even knowing any details about Babylonia, just what characters show up, so I'm sure there's even more.
    Last edited by Reign; August 2nd, 2018 at 09:45 PM.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I mean, obviously there's an added emotional catharsis to experiencing Babylon after accompanying Ritsuka & co through all the other Singularities, but I don't think lacking that means there's nothing worth viewing in it at all.
    Not even emotional catharsis. You won't even know why they're going to babylonia in the first place. Watching this without knowing the previous story is dumb because you don't even know the basic plot threads.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Not even emotional catharsis. You won't even know why they're going to babylonia in the first place. Watching this without knowing the previous story is dumb because you don't even know the basic plot threads.
    That's why I said "as long as you know the basic plot". And yeah, you'd need to know "Solomon" was the villain, but I find it hard to believe someone could be on this forum for the past few years and not be spoiled as to that.

JP Friend Code
    You don't get it do you? Going to babylonia is very specific thing because we're specifically looking for something after all the previous clues we'e gotten. You're already making a wrong assumption because you don't know all the previous story by saying 'basic plot'.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    "How do you know this wasn't made for non-FGO fans?"
    (explicitly made based on FGO fans voting on what they want and how they want it regardless to it being like animating the last two days of Heaven's Feel with no prior adaptation work)
    "I wonder."

It's like someone ask "how do you know it's not made for Tsukihime fan" if Ufo suddenly want to make a short adaptation of Spark Liner High

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Can't wait for all of those viewers fresh from First Order excited about that Merlin cameo from Fate/Apocrypha wondering when Matt learned about her NP or who that skull dude is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "How do you know this wasn't made for non-FGO fans?"
    (explicitly made based on FGO fans voting on what they want and how they want it regardless to it being like animating the last two days of Heaven's Feel with no prior adaptation work)
    "I wonder."
    It's baffling how hard it is for people to understand that the anime is not for those who haven't played the game despite knowing that. I've already given up on convincing any of them otherwise.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Can't wait for all of those viewers fresh from First Order excited about that Merlin cameo from Fate/Apocrypha wondering when Matt learned about her NP or who that skull dude is.
    They’ll have to wonder what the deal with da vinci is first.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Oh God, I forgot about that entirely.
    canon finish apo vol 3

People not playing the game watching Babylonia:

"wtf this Gilgamesh is not badass, give back Zero Gilgamesh"

"wtf why are there FSN Rin and Extra Rin"

"You meant that's Da
    Vinci ? dickconfused.jpg"

"why does Gilgamesh not kill the three goddesses with
    Ea ? OMG TM ruining the lore again it's supposed to be able to destroy the world"

"why is taiga here"

"why does Gilgamesh not nuke all the beasts from high heaven with his
    GoB ? TM and retconning powerlevel, name a more iconic duo"

"InsertSpartanJokeHere"

"I've seen enough hentai to see where this
    half naked Japanese girl was going"

"Why are they even in Babylon in the first place ?"

"Where's Cheiba"

"Quetzalcoatl is a girl wtf ? Another genderbent ffs TM"

US Friend Code
    -