Thread: Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia Anime

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    imo Quetz is underrated.

she's Zeus equivalent as God.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    imo Quetz is underrated.

she's Zeus equivalent as God.
    Romani did say she's probably stronger than Gorgon yesterday so I dunno if I'd really say she's underrated. Unless you mean by fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Romani did say she's probably stronger than Gorgon yesterday so I dunno if I'd really say she's underrated. Unless you mean by fans?
    I mean in the game, among players.

maybe I felt like that because of Zeus hype.

The Producer the world needed, not the one it deserved. dragonwarz50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Also lol at it taking him noon to sunset to make it to the top of the temple; c'mon dude, you hoofed it across America in a matter of days.
    I don't think there was anything confirming that the attack happened at noon? If anything, I'd say they got to that camp in the previous episode after noon. They could have gotten to Quetz a bit before dusk and while Fuji still taking till dusk to get to the top of the temple is still egregious, its not a 6+ hour climb. Though in all probability it was probably done to look cool or whatever.

I still rate this episode as 0/10 No Sky High Plancha plus the catch got cut. My day is partially ruined and I hate it.

what could've been better, serious dive like in anime or gag plancha like in game?

now ppl started to realize it's really hard to animate chapter 7.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Where's the useless goddess label? Is it after fighting quetz or before it
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    it's a bit before the final fight because she lost something very important isn't it

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Pretty much, though she didn't 'lose' it

- - - Updated - - -

what could've been better, serious dive like in anime or gag plancha like in game?

now ppl started to realize it's really hard to animate chapter 7.
    I'm less bothered by the Plancha and more that they choose the most anticlimactic way to resolve his decision. Like, while I think the jungle duo work better in episodes where they don't take them too seriously like the last one, if you're going the serious route at least show the impact

- - - Updated - - -

Also all the ship tease with Mash basically disappeared when they started picking goddesses and now its going to Eresh, absolute bloody kek. I dont like that one either but its humorous

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    I don't like how they make Ritsuka's "should be important" scenes feel have no impact at all. There's always this terrible cut like they don't want to give more than 24 minutes
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    I don't like how they make Ritsuka's "should be important" scenes feel have no impact at all. There's always this terrible cut like they don't want to give more than 24 minutes
    seem like the problem is all came from same writer.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I think stuff like what he did after gorgons attack, or the discussion with Merlin is much better characterization than the stupid fucin meme jump #teamRomani

JP Friend Code
    Second time Jaguar made me laugh with that reaction pre-piledriver. And I actually liked Ereshkigal's scene with Ritsuka for once too, felt like it had a more personal touch with getting to hear about adventures from other singularities.

Quetz fight was absolutely sick and this is coming from someone who doesn't really liker her. Me not really being a fan of this part of the plot is more of a grievance with the game's story rather than the anime so I can't really fault it.The only bad parts were the way they cut from her about to fight Ishtar and the later leap of insanity to the already foregone conclusions. It can work if you're watching this on TV and they suddenly show you a commercial or whatever in those moments but as a whole non-interrupted episode not really. Hope they add some scenes to this in the BD. Them cutting out meme catch-phrase on the other hand is absolutely fine.

It's nice that they re-addressed Romani's answer to Mash from episode 1. Just wish they had also included her dream too so it's make more sense as to why she decided to ask that out of nowhere.

Gil's scenes were the best in the episode imo. Particularly the last one. Seeing him spar with Enkidu a little bit was also nice and the way they parallel it to episode 5 was great. Guess he was wrong about mudboy not feeling joy in battle though, he looked like he was having the time of his life. Overall a good episode and a fine ending to the cour. If you can call it that.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    I mean in the game, among players.

maybe I felt like that because of Zeus hype.
    A lot of it is probably because of gameplay. Beyond a "can't use Good characters" gimmick, her fight isn't actually all that difficult. Much like most Part 1 fights, really. Just bring a Jack and you're pretty much fine. (To be honest, the only Babylonia fight I actually found difficult was that one multiplying one.) On the other hand, Zeus is probably going to be LB5's final boss battle with a ton of break bars and bullshit NPC-only skills and whatnot. That's the advantage of coming later in the game, I guess?

She's one of the best Riders in the game, but she's a story-locked 5* so most players won't see her and her main schtick of single-target Rider DPS is somewhat upstaged by Rider Kintoki.

Story-wise she's still one of the most powerful characters to show up, but due to the limited nature of FGO's storytelling (e.g. very few custom CGs, most fights are resolved through gameplay) and the quite frankly terrible way they handle story supports in gameplay, well, it doesn't really stick out as much. Also, in events she's usually just the Lucha lady.

Blog Entries
    Seems like there's a twitter shitstorm at Kodachi, one of the scriptwriters?
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    because all the 'it feels weird' episode were his work.

Kodachi announced he won't be involved with another episode. Most of the english comments are "Thanks for your absence"
    because all the 'it feels weird' episode were his work.
    Which ones were they?

Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    i guess the jump scene being cut really activated the fate armys twitter fingers. gacha gamers really showing their class recently, between this and Azur Lmaone

Quote Originally Posted by zRyuu View Post
    Which ones were they?
    Screenplay for eps 4, 6-8, 11 according to ANN.

Earlier people here were praising him for giving more scenes with Guda emphasis.

What I can say? If I was reading in this thread and the bit of the fight in-game that was posted I can say that I liked more the serious tone of the moment. Yeah I wouldn't liked them to really make Fujimaru take by surprise Quetzalcoatl and instead make it a kind of trial to prove of what are made the humans. Kinda was like:

Quetzalcoatl: You, a human will try to fight to me, Quetzalcoatl, la diosa mas chingona, dale cabron.

Actually I don't even now what Ritsuka was trying to do before read the part of the game that it was a plancha. Also, I don't think the writters themselves knew how to write a satisfactory conclusion of the jump aside of Quetzalcoatl chatch it before him slam his face, so I actually don't needed to see that. The intention was conveyed.

Actually I like Quetzalcoatl a lot. She has the problem of being deposited in a female vessel for marketing purposes on this franchise and I could have asked for something better but her concept and character itself has made for it a lot. I have seen worst...really and has a Mexican myself I'm very happy with her + lucha libre.

Overall I liked a lot the episode, enough to watch it 3 times. If even I would like more time of fight. Watching Quetzalcoatl throw a plancha on Ishtar and Lariat'd Mash with enough strength to make her explode was worth it. Also Gil "I died....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUC....!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    fight against Quetz started somewhat questionable but after she drops the chainsaw club it goes sicko mode.
    Is a macuahuitl you uncultured swine.

...Forgive me for the rudeness, I always wanted to say that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Screenplay for eps 4, 6-8, 11 according to ANN.

Earlier people here were praising him for giving more scenes with Guda emphasis.
    Eh, no? People were mostly bashing him for turning Guda into a wimp instead of a seasoned veteran who has cleared 6 singularities?