Page 167 of 209 FirstFirst ... 67117157162165166167168169172177 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 4179

Thread: Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia Anime

JP Friend Code
    Was looking through twitter and I think JP fans in general are cool with it.

And if they went through all the trouble to create her CGI model, plz make a figure out of it, I'll buy.

Blog Entries
    Lifesize figure, let's go.

US Friend Code
    I still think she looks better in motion than in a static image. Not ideal, but better.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I just rewatched it, and

lmao

Ishtar's now a Gurren Lagann character.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Feel it's suppossed to look that way, given what Tiamat is. It's not like they couldn't have done better if it wasn't a deliberate choice (see: Gorgon). And if you think most CG looks bad, I disagree. Why is it that it's CG that brings the worst out of anime fans? I avoid 4chan threads to avoid stupid complaints like this, but they follow me everywhere. I feel even the justice bomb removal complaints made more sense than this CG panic (probably because they only applied to that 1 episode and didn't start dooming the entire finale as ruined)

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why the otherworldly abomination is made to look like she doesn't belong. Clearly not a choice to convey her otherwordliness. No, it was limitations and just choosing what to make CG would "fix" it.
    All CG anime looks bad. This one looks specially terrible, whether it's because of incompetence, time restraints or deliberate choice doesn't change the fact that it looks awful.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Tiamat always looked kawaii uguu imo, when I first saw her in the game I was like wtf you’re telling me THIS is supposed to be THE MOST ULTIMATE MILF OF ALL TIME?? Smh T-M really don’t understand a damn thing about hot mommys, not a single gosh darn thing. As for Tiamats CG its a lot more more obvious than Gorgon, but I think the model looks way less ugly than Gorgons did with its manface and doesnt have the stiff I pooped my pants body language.

As for the rest of the ep, besides Ishtars obvious epic NP the direction today was pretty nice too esp comedy wise. There were some pretty witty, the shot where Ishtar points at Gil and calls him a dumbass and Gil just peeks from behind her finger was funny. Also just a lot of really funny animation to go with the gags. The whole gugalanna scene was just pure gold. Good episode overall. Shoutouts to whoever animated that tiny short cut of tiny Romani slumping into the chair after the gugalanna fiasco, damn that looked lifelike.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    All CG anime looks bad. This one looks specially terrible, whether it's because of incompetence, time restraints or deliberate choice doesn't change the fact that it looks awful.
    beast stars and land of the lustrous though

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    ^^yea what mamster said

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Tiamat always looked kawaii uguu imo, when I first saw her in the game I was like wtf you’re telling me THIS is supposed to be THE MOST ULTIMATE MILF OF ALL TIME?? Smh T-M really don’t understand a damn thing about hot mommys, not a single gosh darn thing. As for Tiamats CG its a lot more more obvious than Gorgon, but I think the model looks way less ugly than Gorgons did with its manface and doesnt have the stiff I pooped my pants body language.

As for the rest of the ep, besides Ishtars obvious epic NP the direction today was pretty nice too esp comedy wise. There were some pretty witty, the shot where Ishtar points at Gil and calls him a dumbass and Gil just peeks from behind her finger was funny. Also just a lot of really funny animation to go with the gags. The whole gugalanna scene was just pure gold. Good episode overall. Shoutouts to whoever animated that tiny short cut of tiny Romani slumping into the chair after the gugalanna fiasco, damn that looked lifelike.
    Well let's not be too harsh, they have several MILF-y examples. Plus, Tiamat would be the eternally youthful MILF. I mean, at the very least they are internally consistent, where godesses are very youthful young women so it's not like they jumped the shark.

That CG though, we are nearing GONZO tier memery. But strangely, I feel it works for that offputting feeling one gets with Tiamat, I dunno.

And I kind of wonder how long until we get summonable Tiamat in some form, I feel the demand will now be soaring.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Where's Tiamat dragon form?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ishtar NP very good. The planet Venus!

Tiamat CG very very bad

Chaldea infoscreen very good

Gugalanna scene was flawless. I couldn't stop laughing, just the sequence of everyone celebrating to literally everyone, even Chaldea randos, losing all hope, was perfect.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; February 15th, 2020 at 06:54 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    beast stars and land of the lustrous though
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    ^^yea what mamster said
    My bad I meant anime CG not CG anime, obviously shows that are entirely 3D are different.
    Though those two are also exceptions and most other stuff looks bad too.

JP Friend Code
    In hindsight they could have done better in showing Mom had no intention of fighting back. Not that the game's story actually did it but something extra would be nice. I also wonder how they're gonna infodump her backstory, considering we've only gotten hints so far.The only CGI shots that I thought were bad were the close-ups of her face, much like Gorgon, don't really know what people are losing their minds over. In battle scenes they'll probably just handle it like before, by mixing the two.

Beyond that the episode was great. Props for all the little details like Ereshkigal waving as the mirror was submerged or Quetz smaking Jaguar.

- - - Updated - - -

also I think this might be the second longest Gil-laugh in anime history, only beaten by that one scene in the DEEN anime

def one for the royal record

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They definitely could have made it more apparent that Tiamat is self sealing herself and that is the part of her that is against eradicating humans. But since you only got that in her profile afterwards, which some don't READ, the meaning is indeed lost whether it be anime or in the game. Honestly though, that is a failure of the narrative, as she is basically a huge kaiju to defeat, that only really even talks once and that is curses at Kingu later, so they just didn't really do a good job of selling the part of her that loved her children. Even Gil's offhand comment about Mesopotamia not hating her or Gramps mentioning about her love not being requited, it's kind of empty air without giving her some character.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    My opinion on anime CG is that barring some notable exceptions (looking at you Overlord, and 2010s Berserk), it doesn't look shit at all. Not everything looks great, but decent enough at least. Tiamat especially I thought was great, and othewordly. I don't see the failures others see in the CG. Or how it looks like MMD or whatever.
    The problem, methinks, comes from people's logic being: I can't see it's CG unless I try really hard? Good. I can immediately tell it's CG? Always horrendous. Even in cases like Tiamat where the CG is great and very much deliberate to make Tiamat stand out.
    But because shen stands out and people can tell it's CG, it's bad apparently. This war against CG some people have is so tiresome
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    They definitely could have made it more apparent that Tiamat is self sealing herself and that is the part of her that is against eradicating humans. But since you only got that in her profile afterwards, which some don't READ, the meaning is indeed lost whether it be anime or in the game.
    in the game you had a gameplay section where she actively does nothing but debuff both your party and the Lahmu; I was thinking something along those lines

I wonder why the otherworldly abomination is made to look like she doesn't belong. Clearly not a choice to convey her otherwordliness. No, it was limitations and just choosing what to make CG would "fix" it.
    "it's supposed to look horrible" yeah great argument right there. doesn't matter if it's supposed to look like shit, it still looks like shit.
    Also, this is done by a dream team with better conditions than a lot of shows. (hell, they even took people from Promised Neverland). So, this is the best we can get and a better-looking adaptation is quite literally impossible or would be very hard to achieve. You'd need to find better people and somehow even more time than this production already had. It's not like other productions where you can easily think of a crew or conditions that'd make it better-looking.´
    if it looks bad it looks bad. excuses are just sad. if fgo arcade models are the best the anime industry can do for large characters i wonder what happened with 80's OVAs. imported from other planets? the talent is strong and the scheduling is supposedly good but it's still operating under a standard budget and a hodgepodge crew of freelancers. i'm no ufotable dicksucker but despite having pretty standard scheduling and budgets they manage to provide consistent visual quality across all their works due to a good production pipeline and using mostly in-house talent. a temporary setup, no matter how talented, obviously can't reach that. so yeah, it could be better.

Blog Entries
    This ep kinda sucked tbh

I dont like the cheap plastic figure Tiamat, they should've had ufo do some post-production on it or something
    I dont like way overdone comedic parts

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Yeah. It couldn't. And it doesn't look like shit. Doubt Ufo'd do any different given their love of CG. (They did have CG aragamis in God Eater, and CG dragon in Zestiria). Also, it "looking garbage" is your own opinion . Tainted by too many memes of "CG bad always". Maybe Ufo could do better, maybe they couldn't. Point is, unlike other productions this isn't so easy to prove without resorting to speculation and "my studio>your studio because I say so" meaningless nonsense
    I certainly think Babylonia looks better than Kimetsu (HF doesn't count, because comparing TV production to movie production is stupid. So, I'll compare TV show vs TV show)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DTTS View Post
    In hindsight they could have done better in showing Mom had no intention of fighting back. Not that the game's story actually did it but something extra would be nice.
    Game's story actually did it super well by not having her attack you

would be great if we cut Isthar bullying scene by like a minute to elaborate on that but nah