Page 172 of 209 FirstFirst ... 72122162167170171172173174177182 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 4179

Thread: Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia Anime

gugalanna can cause multi-year droughts, massive hurricanes, can singlehoovedly destroy at least smaller singularities and nations etc. considering the sumerian gods had trouble controlling it and mostly were just able to unleash it it's pretty impressive as far as divine beasts go, even in a franchise where supposedly impressive monsters are always dogshit compared to servants. presumably if ishtar was directing it she could tell it not to start a hurricane and spray mud everywhere and rather zap tiamat with lightning, physically wrestle her and evaporate the chaos tide with drought.

JP Friend Code
    Left the thread yesterday and I come back to find like four extra pages of angry discussion about CGI without actually discussing anything wth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Why? Because you can't brainwash me and force me to join your nonsensical hate cult? Because I have my views and ideas I refuse to compromise even if you guys insist I'm "objectively" wrong?. Sorry for not changing my mind to join the "tastemaster" "objective" "consensus". I can't change if you guys saw the CG as bad. But you can't change that I saw it as good. Sorry if your feefees are hurt because I disagree (I understand this can sound hypocritical given I easily lose control and lose sight of the goal of simply defending my views, so I often go beyond and end up trying to convince people to change their minds)
    Anyways, I could also say arguments with you guys are a waste of time and I dunno why I even bother
    Just an observation but thinking back on it I literally don't think I've ever seen you agree with anybody about anything. Seems like you just take the unpopular opinion by default no matter what it is.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    gugalanna can cause multi-year droughts, massive hurricanes, can singlehoovedly destroy at least smaller singularities and nations etc. considering the sumerian gods had trouble controlling it and mostly were just able to unleash it it's pretty impressive as far as divine beasts go, even in a franchise where supposedly impressive monsters are always dogshit compared to servants. presumably if ishtar was directing it she could tell it not to start a hurricane and spray mud everywhere and rather zap tiamat with lightning, physically wrestle her and evaporate the chaos tide with drought.
    Physical contact is out of question, she can leak the mud out of her body and he himself will be at risk of stepping on mud, and if his horn (his main command system) is broken while wrestling Tiamat, what happened in Ishtar interlude will repeat itself which is really really bad. Zapping her won't stop her from moving forward for too long and is a waste of energy imo.

So his best choice, assuming Ishtar can control him, is indeed trying to drought the mud and halt her movement, like how Quetz used her sun stone to do that. With his amount of power and magic energy, I have no doubt he can stall her for more than a day instead of just a few minutes like Quetz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lelo View Post
    Left the thread yesterday and I come back to find like four extra pages of angry discussion about CGI without actually discussing anything wth
    I think it's because the ep is pretty short in terms of content. I did wanted to rant about cutting a lot of Tiamat exposition, the dream conversation with MC early on, how she just wants to die and if the grail was not delivered to her she will stay asleep under the sea...etc. But this is the running problem of Fate adaptations so eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Physical contact is out of question, she can leak the mud out of her body and he himself will be at risk of stepping on mud, and if his horn (his main command system) is broken while wrestling Tiamat, what happened in Ishtar interlude will repeat itself which is really really bad. Zapping her won't stop her from moving forward for too long and is a waste of energy imo. So his best choice, assuming Ishtar can control him, is indeed trying to drought the mud and halt her movement, like how Quetz used her sun stone to do that. With his amount of power and magic energy, I have no doubt he can stall her for more than a day instead of just a few minutes like Quetz.
    doesn't tiamat only leak mud from her legs? at least I don't recall it coming from anywhere else
    Spoiler:
    but if fate hadn't backed away from the sex stuff since the F/SN we all know that tiamat would be leaking the mud from her vagina because lol birth metaphors

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, CCC still happened, so you never know.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I think rather than the bad CG, what I don’t like is that I don’t feel dread and excitement that I felt when I played the game. By now the MAP theme had changed and you saw the mud slowly approaching Uruk and that felt so epic and dramatic than what’s being conveyed here, it’s a shame because the animation is really good on its own. I think my personal issue is with the directing.

Still a very fun adaptation and I would like to see more of it in the future.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    doesn't tiamat only leak mud from her legs? at least I don't recall it coming from anywhere else
    Spoiler:
    but if fate hadn't backed away from the sex stuff since the F/SN we all know that tiamat would be leaking the mud from her vagina because lol birth metaphors
    Yes, that's why trying to go in melee is waste of energy and risk of damaging himself cuz you only need to remove the mud around her legs so she cannot move forward. Just keep spamming drought she'll stuck on the spot trying to refill it. The lightning will be saved for when she mutates her horns into wings, that can stop her from flying until she maybe come up with more absurd mutations (considering her being able to travel through space, I even expect some spaceship parts if things go that far lol).

US Friend Code
    I was thinking yesterday that part of the lack of that dread/excitement rush is how there's a week break between episodes, while in the game it was all at once. It'd probably feel more hectic being watched back to back.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Well, CCC still happened, so you never know.
    But RIP the penis worms.

祖 Ancestor
    I think it's because the ep is pretty short in terms of content. I did wanted to rant about cutting a lot of Tiamat exposition, the dream conversation with MC early on, how she just wants to die and if the grail was not delivered to her she will stay asleep under the sea...etc. But this is the running problem of Fate adaptations so eh.
    It's pretty egregious here though. Tiamat is the final boss and they've made all the wrong decisions with her. To begin with, she's got barebones characterization on purpose. Anything, no matter how subtle, that could make her out to be something more than a rampaging kaijuu, could and should have been done while she was still Femme Fatale at least. The game sort of did this with Tiamat not discriminating between your party and the Lahmu, the dream scene, and Mashu commenting on her chains being self-imposed. Ishtar didn't even explain Tiamat's circumstances and that the world sealed her once her job was done. You sort of get where she's coming from even if she has to be put down regardless. Actually, what do we even know about Tiamat personally, going by the anime alone at this point?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I'm sure we'll get a Tiamat flashback before the OP in one of the upcoming episodes

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post
    I think rather than the bad CG, what I don’t like is that I don’t feel dread and excitement that I felt when I played the game. By now the MAP theme had changed and you saw the mud slowly approaching Uruk and that felt so epic and dramatic than what’s being conveyed here, it’s a shame because the animation is really good on its own. I think my personal issue is with the directing.

Still a very fun adaptation and I would like to see more of it in the future.
    To me it feels a bit rushed due to a lot of dialogue being cut, some even very important. Also I think this ep in particular did not feel so dramatic due to the useless goddess comedy. It was brief in the game but they expanded it much longer here.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    But this is the running problem of Fate adaptations so eh.
    Nasu stuff is just so damn talky that adapting it is a hassle. Even when they cut a lot of exposition anime watchers not deep into nasu lore and philosophical nasuisms often complain that people just stand around and talk about uninteresting abstract stuff or complicated details too much.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Just an observation but thinking back on it I literally don't think I've ever seen you agree with anybody about anything. Seems like you just take the unpopular opinion by default no matter what it is.
    You should observe better. Just earlier, I agreed that they should've done better characterizing Tiamat instead of having her look like a very OP kaijuu with literally 0 characterization beyond the threat she presents. I've agreed with people praising Dorohedoro and Beastars in the seasonal threads. I'm definitely no contrarian. It just happens my opinions can be unpopular. But thinking I'm not being honest and I'm just being a hipster taking the unpopular side to be conflictive couldn't be any more wrong

I won't deny I'm conflictive. But I don't go thinking "now what position is the least popular one and which side should I take to start shit"? . It's more like I see heavy disagreement as some kind of "consensus" and I want to try to break the conensus before people start saying me disagreeing is "objectively wrong". And as people keep replying to me, I feel the need to become more and more ridiculously agressive to defend my stance as worth it and not "objectively wrong" and I'm very BAD at this, so it ends up spiraling into me writing posts that are more like trying to convince people that I'm right and they're wrong, but it's hard for me to stop (without mod intervention) because I get way too emotionally invested into defending my views
    Last edited by bassgs435; February 16th, 2020 at 02:00 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    It's pretty egregious here though. Tiamat is the final boss and they've made all the wrong decisions with her. To begin with, she's got barebones characterization on purpose. Anything, no matter how subtle, that could make her out to be something more than a rampaging kaijuu, could and should have been done while she was still Femme Fatale at least. The game sort of did this with Tiamat not discriminating between your party and the Lahmu, the dream scene, and Mashu commenting on her chains being self-imposed. Ishtar didn't even explain Tiamat's circumstances and that the world sealed her once her job was done. You sort of get where she's coming from even if she has to be put down regardless. Actually, what do we even know about Tiamat personally, going by the anime alone at this point?
    It feels really stupid when we got a bunch of Solomon scenes when he doesn't even show up in person for the chapter while all Tiamat's explanations are cut. The dream in particular is from chap 4-5 which is around ep 3-5 in the anime so maybe they thought it's too early, but in that dream you literally hear the AaaaaAaaaa at the end and it's really effective when you finally got to hear it again and realize who was talking in that dream. Heck I don't even know how they're gonna show her being in constant pain due to the seal. In the anime right now she is effectively a kaiju who had a moe form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I'm sure we'll get a Tiamat flashback before the OP in one of the upcoming episodes
    That's my hope, they cut all the exposition to deliver a flashback later. But I don't have too much hope atm, really, it's wishful thinking at most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Nasu stuff is just so damn talky that adapting it is a hassle. Even when they cut a lot of exposition anime watchers not deep into nasu lore and philosophical nasuisms often complain that people just stand around and talk about uninteresting abstract stuff or complicated details too much.
    Yeah I get it, but the dream scene is extremely short and it ends with Tiamat's AaaaaAaa, which if done well can leave memorable impact on the audience so that when they hear it again they will recall that dream. So this is not even about complicated lore. I didn't want to complain too much on it cuz I hope they will keep other explanations, but they did not and I'm salty lol.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    yeah i was talking more about nasus stuff in general than this particular instance.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I think the problem people have is when the "talky" parts are lore infodumps (see: Case Files). Doubt anyone would complain about characterizing and foreshadowing the final boss so the conflict isn't just "gotta stop this OP kaijuu chick". This is what I find more troubling than the aesthetics. The fact anime Tiamat is a non-character right now
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    The fact that lot of gamer and anime watchers just want whooosshh bang slash, dum dum dum phew win and skip everything so they can just watch compilation fight scenes
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

I can say I know a buch about CG, but Tiamat looks...extraordinarily out of place to not being intentional.

Actually I like it. We new from the beginning Tiamat would be CG but in this case actually looks out of place with everything else. Imagine a being of a superior dimension emerging on an inferior dimension, in this case a tridimensional being emerging in a bidimensional world. You see in the distance and you see a the fucking cute girl plastic-like face in a monstrous body, holy shit, I would be close to shit my pants. Props to Fujimaru for not do it. Heck look in the texture of her skin, !look it! not even the mud she leaks, seems if you touch her CG skin you melt or even worst you will turn in a 3D-like abomination.

Is a shame the Gugalanna fight didn't happen, it would have been cool.

I truly laughed in the the part of Gilgamesh and Jaguarman going "Jaguarman, what are your impressions about Tiamat", "she's big and awesome", "no idiot, give me something useful. That and Jaguarman mimic Tiamat.

Are actually the parts about Tiamat character so important in the great scheme of the things? Yes, it adds characterization but for what purpose? make me feel bad about her? I don't think I can when of all the humanity only 500 left, one of the casualities (that we actually care) is Siduri and it didn't change the fact that she is the strongest being in the planet (ORT is already there?) and we have to put her down or we will lose everything.

Fill me, why the fang wall is strong enough to hold the Chaos Tide?
    Last edited by ballinamon; February 16th, 2020 at 08:29 PM.