Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Servant VS Counter Guardian?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I'm sure Gilgamesh was never "confirmed" to fit at least one.

- - - Updated - - -

And I stand by my guess that the Grand servants are none of the ones we knew from previous works.
    For most of them probably, but there's no way Grand Saber won't be Saber.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Archer - If not Gilgamesh, probably Nimrod.
    Hmm. Nimrod is definitely an interesting choice. His legend is certainly old enough to qualify and, if the theory of King Hassan being Cain is true, it would fit with the theme of Grand Servants being mainly figures from Judeo-Christian myth. Just for NPs he'd have the Tower of Babel, the clothing of animal skins passed down from Adam and Eve that made him invulnerable while wearing them and probably some haxed conceptual stuff derived from being the first hunter chosen by YHWH. Honestly, the only problem is that I could see his personality (proud king chosen by the gods and later rebelling against them) ending up a bit too close to Gil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Rider - Saw a great profile for Jesus (Jeshua) as a Rider that could be really cool, but I imagine we might get our first true dragon rider for a Grand one.
    Which sheet are you talking about? Because there is a slight basis for making Jesus a dragon rider, due to the legend where he tamed a cave full of dragons as an infant.

Where in the hell does it imply KH is Cain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Where in the hell does it imply KH is Cain.
    It's not really "implied" anywhere, it's just a theory I've seen floated on Reddit and the like. I highly doubt it's actually true, but it's fun to think about.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Nope.
    Wait if I remember correctly Caster Gil said that he had one of the requirements for being a Grand Caster which is EX Clairvoyance.
    There are most likely other requirements that Gil doesn’t have.

Speaking of which here is a funny thought : what if Gil is the Grand Saber.
    A Gilgamesh that is skilled with a sword sounds strong enough.
    Plus he has Merodach which is the original Garm.

Grand Lancer could be Longinus because why not have another Roman wank. But seriously the fact that his lance plays a big role in christianity could be translated into a powerful Noble phantasm.
    Sun wukong seems more likely though.
    Last edited by Wolf Paladin; August 22nd, 2018 at 05:30 PM.
    F/GO : Lunartic/721,560,670

Mordred is finally home.

Blessed is my luck.

I am at peace.

US Friend Code
    I just want Grand Lancer to have something to do with Longinus, mostly to just see if that really is one of the World Pillars and hopefully pulling more direct connections with the Messiah thus Big God in Fate whose position is still unclear.

either that or Cu.

the thing about Grands is that I doubt none of would be obscure heroes, even if the Servant could fit in the conceptual niche unless they get overly wank I doubt they would be a Grand. I mean let’s see who are Grands. Solomon who is one of the most prominent figures in the Old Testament, Merlin who is the most well known wizard ever, and Hassan I Sabbah which while not that prominent it is an expansion of a already quite grounded concept in Fate with the Hassasn’s connections to the Assassin class. Like it was one of the rules in the Holy Grail war that Assassin =Old Man of the Mountain. Having the founder being a Grand is taking that as justification. So that’s a reason why I doubt we will get a Viking Berserker whose a Grand based just on etymology because that was never an important thing for the Berserker class as it was with Assassin. That’s my opinion anyhow. Going by this I’ll explain the reasons for my Longinus idea has less to do with just Longinus which is quite obscure then it has to do with the implications its being a World Pillar which if the Grand Lancer doesn’t have one wouldn’t make sense, the old references to Notes which we could see resurface, and the connection it has with the Holy Grail through Christ. That’s my thoughts on it anyhow. As for the others, Grand Saber having the Holy Sword is obvious. Rider having the ability to control dragons is something I can see as a requisite with just how much special it is for the Riding Skill. Lancer as I said is so definitely having a World Pillar. Other then that I don’t know, I’ll just have to see

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Paladin View Post
    Wait if I remember correctly Caster Gil said that he had one of the requirements for being a Grand Caster which is EX Clairvoyance.

Speaking of which here is a funny thought : what if Gil is the Grand Saber.
    A Gilgamesh that is skilled with a sword sounds strong enough.
    Plus he has Merodach which is the original Garm.
    grand claivoyance wasn’t stated to be a requirement, but was something Romaini said Grand Casters had, saying Solomon, Merlin, and Gil had it.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    If Grands are restricted to Judeo-Christian/Abrahamic figures, I would be upset. On another note, would the guy who wielded Zulfiqr in Shi'a legend qualify as Grand Saber? That sword was stated to either have created the world or be able to cleave it in half.

I'll be honest, the King Hassan = Cain sounds like something really dumb

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Paladin View Post
    I think this is a square/rectangle situation. All Grand Casters have Clairvoyance, but not everyone with Clairvoyance can be Grand Caster.

Gil's not a real magus so I doubt he qualifies. Maybe he's 20th in line or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    If Grands are restricted to Judeo-Christian/Abrahamic figures, I would be upset. On another note, would the guy who wielded Zulfiqr in Shi'a legend qualify as Grand Saber? That sword was stated to either have created the world or be able to cleave it in half.
    Doubt it. Plenty of swords have that legend, and Islam is still the youngest of the Abrahamics. If anything it'd be somebody with a Zulfiqar prototype.

US Friend Code
    I don’t think there restricted to Abrahamic figures, look at Merlin. He has connections to God sure in his original myth but they have made no mention of it in Fate, other then him being an incubus. He’s still very Arthurian. The thing about Fate though it’s centered around two large religions and philosophies. Christianity and Buddhism. Both are very much tied very heavily to the setting. So seeing stuff about that elaborated isn’t surprising
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    I just want Grand Lancer to have something to do with Longinus, mostly to just see if that really is one of the World Pillars and hopefully pulling more direct connections with the Messiah thus Big God in Fate whose position is still unclear.

either that or Cu.

the thing about Grands is that I doubt none of would be obscure heroes, even if the Servant could fit in the conceptual niche unless they get overly wank I doubt they would be a Grand. I mean let’s see who are Grands. Solomon who is one of the most prominent figures in the Old Testament, Merlin who is the most well known wizard ever, and Hassan I Sabbah which while not that prominent it is an expansion of a already quite grounded concept in Fate with the Hassasn’s connections to the Assassin class. Like it was one of the rules in the Holy Grail war that Assassin =Old Man of the Mountain. Having the founder being a Grand is taking that as justification. So that’s a reason why I doubt we will get a Viking Berserker whose a Grand based just on etymology because that was never an important thing for the Berserker class as it was with Assassin. That’s my opinion anyhow. Going by this I’ll explain the reasons for my Longinus idea has less to do with just Longinus which is quite obscure then it has to do with the implications its being a World Pillar which if the Grand Lancer doesn’t have one wouldn’t make sense, the old references to Notes which we could see resurface, and the connection it has with the Holy Grail through Christ. That’s my thoughts on it anyhow. As for the others, Grand Saber having the Holy Sword is obvious. Rider having the ability to control dragons is something I can see as a requisite with just how much special it is for the Riding Skill. Lancer as I said is so definitely having a World Pillar. Other then that I don’t know, I’ll just have to see.
    If Longinus himself is too obscure, there's plenty of other heroes associated with the Lance to pick from. Percival and Charlemagne have legends of wielding it as well, so by the same logic they're also possible candidates for Grand Lancer. (Percival more likely than Charlemagne I'd say, since we have two versions of that guy already).

...Actually, while we're on the subject of (in)famous figures linked to the Holy Lance, Grand Lancer Hitler anyone? Just kidding, I'm pretty sure everyone here can see why that's a bad idea.

Wyrd oft neređ unfǽgne eorl, ţonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    ...Actually, while we're on the subject of (in)famous figures linked to the Holy Lance, Grand Lancer Hitler anyone? Just kidding, I'm pretty sure everyone here can see why that's a bad idea.
    Persona 2 already beat you to the punch there with Hitler being resurrected into the modern day wielding the Lance of Longinus.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I want Gilgamesh to be every Grand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Karna pushed the weight of the universe with his arrows at the final battle of the Mahabharata. I highly doubt it because we already saw him in CCC and Apo, but I think that's a Grand Archer-like feat

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Look at all you people pretending that Takeuchi won't swing it so that Saber is every Grand. It's adorable.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    What about Honda Tadakatsu for Grand Lancer? He wielded Tonbogiri, one of the Imperial Regalia, and was considered a peerless warrior and general.
    I'm pretty sure the three Regalia of Japan were a mirror, a sword and a magatama (the Yata no Kagami, Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi and the Yasaka no Magatama (which I'm sure I mispelled)). What's this lance thingy?
    Last edited by Deathhappens; August 22nd, 2018 at 07:15 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Saber won't be the Caster. That's obviously Kawasumi-voiced Merlin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I'm pretty sure the three Regalia of Japan were a mirror, a sword and a magatama (the Yata no Kagami, Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi and the Yasaka no Magatama (which I'm sure I mispelled). What's this lance thingy?
    Three great spears of Japan

- - - Updated - - -

also the beefcake bait of sword boys

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Saber won't be the Caster. That's obviously Kawasumi-voiced Merlin.

- - - Updated - - -

Three great spears of Japan

- - - Updated - - -

also the beefcake bait of sword boys

I'll be honest, the first thing that popped to mind when I read the name was the character in Bleach that had it as a Zanpakuto.

Look I'm not proud of the choices I made early in life alright
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I'll be honest, the first thing that popped to mind when I read the name was the character in Bleach that had it as a Zanpakuto.

Look I'm not proud of the choices I made early in life alright
    don't think there was a character in bleach that had that
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.