Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PS2 Translation Insertion Project *WIP*

No, because the engine is different

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoliBox View Post
    So if I download the Fate RN iso from the PS2 can I download a PC Translation Patch and put it in the iso files and play good without any problem?
    Forgive me for being blunt, but why would you even want to do that rather than just using the native PC version by itself?

You are aware that the native PC Realta Nua version has everything the PS2 version has to offer, right?

(I mean, unless you really want it to run on a modded PS2...but the PC version is so light on hardware requirements that it should be able to literally, not figuratively, run on any PC hardware made in the last 2 decades, and at that point the bigger bottleneck in terms of compatibility becomes the OS, specifically that I'm unsure that vanilla Realta Nua PC is compatible with Windows XP)
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Any word on a release?

Is the project still going

Quote Originally Posted by Faker View Post
    Is the project still going
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    Yes
    could you send me a copy of the modified ISO please? I would like to use it as a basis for creating a Portuguese translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash21 View Post
    could you send me a copy of the modified ISO please? I would like to use it as a basis for creating a Portuguese translation.
    Progress is ongoing here: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...timate-Edition

The scripts will be compatible with the PS2 version when it is done

any updates on this?

Quote Originally Posted by tort View Post
    any updates on this?
    There are no updates on this. PS2 disc games do not support downloading patches

Any news to report? Would love to play it on the PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero20 View Post
    Any news to report? Would love to play it on the PS2.
    There is no news at this time.

That is sad. Will you ever continue there or something? Sadly are you the only one working on a PS2 patch. Would love to play it on the PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero20 View Post
    That is sad. Will you ever continue there or something? Sadly are you the only one working on a PS2 patch. Would love to play it on the PS2.
    You will be waiting for a while.

In that case, it would be easier to play the PC version.

Interested in PS2 version too, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirou30 View Post
    Interested in PS2 version too, thanks.
    There is no news at this time.

I'd be interested to hear what the benefit of using the PS2 version in 2023 would be vs the PC version.

Years ago one could argue that a PS2 is better at handling the video output to a CRT SDTV, but text clarity is one of those things that really benefits from higher resolutions and is something that Ultimate Edition is greatly superior at (especially in combination with its new 64bit EXE, though that might require more expensive hardware to properly take advantage of) - and it's actually easier to connect a PC to an HDTV than it is to connect a non-HD game console to an HDTV (protip: DVI is electrically compatible with HDMI, and many DVI outputs in the last 15 years also output audio).

One can't even make the argument about old hardware since a PS2 nowadays would actually cost more on the used market than the kind of mid/late 2000s/early 2010s hardware that can to run Ultimate Edition - hardware that, in the context of $20 Haswell Xeons, has enough CPU grunt to even straight-up emulate a PS2 without issue (even with its integrated graphics as long as you use Linux because Haswell's GPU drivers are way better on Linux).

So, yeah, can someone enlighten me just what the benefit is?

A bunch of cheap x86 thin clients can be found on eBay for around 20 USD. One such example is HP t620, and it can run the Ultimate Edition just fine.
    20 USD is actually less than what a used PS2 on eBay would cost.

And if you want to connect to a CRT... well, those x86 thin clients have VGA on them.
    And if you want to convert VGA to Composite (if your TV doesn't have VGA in)... 10 USD for the converter box.

In total, less than a complete PS2 set would cost.

So basically, the cost benefit analysis is negative towards the PS2 side.
    Buy a used PC instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    A bunch of cheap x86 thin clients can be found on eBay for around 20 USD. One such example is HP t620, and it can run the Ultimate Edition just fine.
    20 USD is actually less than what a used PS2 on eBay would cost.
    That being said, one could make the argument that a PS2 can play PS2 games while the 1.5GHz Jaguar CPU in the t620 can't (it technically can, but performance would be woeful).

...of course once can also counter by saying a 1.5GHz Jaguar CPU is more than enough for playing any PC game made basically before Crysis 1 (2007) as well as a slew of less-demanding games made after. There's also the tidbit that the GPU is new enough to support Vulkan and therefore there's the option of installing HoloISO or eventually SteamOS for a console-like experience (and, unlike my Haswell example above, the GCN-based iGPU wouldn't risk the weird black program issue with Ultimate Edition on newer versions of Ubuntu).

That Jaguar CPU does at least remind me that a softmodded PS4 may also be an option via similarly running Linux and/or HoloISO on it and then installing Wine and then Ultimate Edition, and you have the additional benefit that the Tsukihime Remake is available for PS4 (though the English translation is currently only for the Switch version, and I don't believe we currently have a way to run Ultimate Edition on a soft-modded Switch, though I can't help but wonder about L4T Linux on the Switch combined with Box64 and Ultimate Edition's 64bit EXE...).