死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 34 View Post
    +1
    Nice name
    Agreed, I’m down for this one too.

Blog Entries
    Hmmmm... after thinking it over, I think the FC suggested by Raff fits the personality of our MC more, so if it's okay I'll change my choice to Raff's FC, but with SleepMode's name.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    if it's okay I'll change my choice to Raff's FC, but with SleepMode's name.
    Feel free, this is not a Contest where changing your votes can be disrespectful.

So we have:
    3 votes for Lestari Elliwyn
    1 vote for Priscilla Evans
    2 votes for both SleepMode and Raff's FC

Reminder voting and suggestion will end at 11 PM UTC.
    Last edited by Spartacus; September 9th, 2018 at 03:50 AM. Reason: added: reminder

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll stick to my guns unless we get to a tiebreaker.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I'll extend it for 12 hours before we go with our usual tie breaker.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Since there is no way out of this fairly.
    I will do a 5 coin toss. Head is SleepMode's FC and Tail is Raff's FC. I will show the screenshot/video of the tosses.
    That being said, a blackout happened, so until then.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    The result:

So we go with:

Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    FC:

Name:
    Lestari Elliwyn
    Afterall.

I'll post the first chapter in 30 minutes.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Year: 2022
    Climate: Day
    Health: Good
    Magical Energy: Poor

"Are you alright, young lady? You might catch a cold."

This bulky man just helped me from a dire peril. Because for some embarrassing reasons, I have been stranded on the ocean for a week now, and I already consumed the very last of my food supplies yesterday. But thankfully, this man founds my raft, and he allows me to take refuge in his ship.

Just like the man says, my clothing is soaking wet. While the seawater doesn't directly spatter me, the constant exposure from the air still drenched me anyway. Being let exposed on the ocean for another couple of days will certainly make anyone freeze to death or dies from rapid malnutrition. Thankfully, the Magecraft I practice able to help me to tackle this kind of issue, but as a result, I lost a considerable amount of Od beforehand.

Noticing the state that I'm in, he handled a towel to me. The towel clearly was made for him or other people with similarly big body size, I probably able to hide a small TV by wrapping the towel around it.

"Thank you." I quickly dry myself with the big towel.

The freedom of enjoying the warmth on your skin might sound ordinary, but for someone who stranded on the ocean for days, this makes me remember why we human is a terrestrial creature.

"The name is Dan Umida; I am the captain of this ship." Suddenly, the bulky man introduces himself as Dan, this ship's captain. He did a lot for me in the time span of 5 minutes. So he must be a great guy, right?

Or is he?

Ah, how rude of me, once again lost in my own thought. As he already troubles himself to give me his name, I shall introduce myself in return.

"My name is Lestari, once again, thank you very much."

2X years old, I always consider myself as a Magus.

An ordinary one, but I work hard enough to graduate from the Clock Tower, my grandpa was very proud of me.

"But missy, even living at seas for years, I'm still surprised finding someone stranded in the middle of the sea alone in a small raft like that. I can understand the way things now, living on land is very undesired. In the sea, you will not be killed by random bullets or explosions. But girl, at least band together with other people."

"It would be nice to have a friend..." As I try to answers his questions, I start to looks around if there is something important in this ship, an old habit of mine. I make an eye contact with one of his men, looking at me coldly. At that time, I caught sight of something while in the middle of a conversation "but there is no way I-", that guy held a newspaper with my face from 5 years ago printed on it, next to the word 'wanted' with 3 fonts bigger than most headlines. Seeing that, I instinctively cross my arm in a defensive posture, we Magi trained our body and spirit after all.

Yes, yes, I am formally an international fugitive. Not by choice obviously.

"Sigh, alright then. We know who you really are, we will not hand you over to any of the Factions." He changes his voice tone from the friendly introduction into a very cold, professional, and threatening tone.

"......"

He knows my identity. Which means he is not a great guy, just like everybody else. Regardless of his morality, that is an extremely bad thing for my well being, whatever his true goal is.

"In exchange, I want your help to repair our ship."

What shall I do in this kind of situation? Obviously just like always, I-

Choice!

What should Lestari Elliwyn do?

[1] Help Dan like a good samaritan you are, there is no way he can harm me anyway.
    [2] Help Dan at the moment, but stay alert and gather information about the ship.
    [3] I am a very battle ready Magus, let's show him who is the boss physically.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    2 duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    2 is the clear option here.

The Icon of Self-Deprecation Xaodzilla's Avatar
    2​ is the most logical here.

Ohhh, I like this idea!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Year: 2022
    Day: Daytime
    Health: Good
    Magical Energy: Poor

The first step to everything, gathering information.

I am confident with my ability as a Magus, I can take out everyone here relatively easy. But thinks the possibility of a chance that's something beneficial can be gained from knowing Dan and his problem, I can't ignore that.

I heard the first El-Melloi died with relatively mundane means, but that just a rumor. Either way even there is a minuscule chance for me to screw up, I should avoid danger as much as I can if possible.

So, I will wait before making a move.

"Sure... but I can't promise you I can help you out." Which honestly, I might be unable to do so.

"Doesn't matter, a magician like you will definitely be handy in some way." One of Dan's crew, the very same one who has coldly stared me looking at the newspaper, interrupt.

"Right..."

His weird optimism aside, the fact I am publicly known as a Magus is still surreal for me. Five years ago, the Association may even eliminate any Magi that rope normal people to the magical world unnecessarily in the name of secrecy. But nowadays, the existence of Magi as 'magician' is almost a public knowledge, nearly every politician know we exist. The only thing that matters now is: who is a Magus, what Magecraft they practice and where these Magi gathers?

"Well, you heard him." Says Dan in supports of his crew's opinion.

"Anyway, where is the problem?"

"Basement, the hull." says the crew person.

"Not at the middle?" I pointed my finger at the deck.

"That's the deck, you can burst a hole in there and the only problem we have is sleeping roofless." And the crew person answer irritatedly.

"What's about that?" I pointed my finger at the toilet.

"That's the fucking toilet!"

"How about the lifeboat?" I pointed my finger at the lifeboat.

"Are you even-"

"God, magicians are so dumb! Look, I'll just give you the map of the ship, so stop bothering me!" He gives me a map of the infrastructure of the ship, then proceeds to leave me and Dan as his day ruined by a barrage of stupid questions.

"Ahahaha... I'm really sorry about this. We magician are so old-fashioned after all."

Well, I guess that's works really well.

[Pirate Ship Map: added]

And so I follow Dan to the hull of this ship. Though, it looks more like a private pool located in the basement more than anything.

The hull has been drowned by sea water, as sea water rushes in from the floor little by little, but in a rapid succession like a water spring. No doubt, the ship will go submerge forever in a few days.

One of Dan's men seems tasked to drain the leaking water. But he is only armed with a giant bucket as he rushes from the deck to the hull in hope to stall the leaks. The sight of his valiant but futile efforts is just hurt to watch.

"See... there is a hole in the hull. It was originally very small, but water keeps coming in, the water makes repairing very difficult. It only a matter of days before the ship sinking for real."

As I inspect the source of the problem, I thought in my head how to solve this problem.

"Ah... this is, I think I can manage."

Though, I found the fix quite fast.

I don't think I need to repeat myself again, I am confident in my ability as a Magus. I mean sure, an ordinary one, but not incompetent. While we Elliwyn was a five-century-old lineage, we ultimately not significant in the grand scheme of things. I mean, I simply a
    The 14th Fourth
    4th generation
    of my family.

I search what is inside my purse in response to fix the ship, I found what I needed shortly.

These are cards, cards with 16 geomantic figures ascribed in it, my trusty Mystic Code.

I guess it is time, to show what the
    Lestari
    Elliwyn
    can do.

Intermission? Critical Choice

???: Hello, hello! A critical choice already, how fast!

> Who are you?

???: Oh yeah, don't mind me! I'm just the resident 4th wall breaking mascot character! Think of myself as a witch that you able to talk inside your dream! I think I am your conscience? Or maybe, I am your Sorcery Trait? Yes, let's go with the later! Sorcery Trait: Dream Shroud!

> But the Sorcery Trait of the Elliwyn is Bran-

Dream Shroud: Anyway! The foundation of the Elliwyn's Magecraft is Geomancy, one of the seven Forbidden Arts of Rennesaiance Magecraft. Originally a divination method by marking of soils and sands said blessed to Hermes Trismegistus by the angel Gabriel in Middle Eastern tradition. By nature, it is a very broad school of thought and mysticism where it can be applied to various school of Magecraft such as Astronomy, Spiritual Evocation, Curse and recently, Modern Magecraft; and its application can be very wide, from alchemy, hypnotism, divination, familiar summoning, etc; all according to the faculty you have enrolled in.

Dream Shroud: In short, Geomancy is amazing!

> That's we can agree with!

Magecraft choice:

Magia Veterum: Faculty of Spiritual Evocation
    Evocation by means of using geomancy to communicate with
    Planets
    7 Olympian Spirits
    . Evocating the Olympian Spirits with the correct geomantic figures will allow the user to create phenomena based on the domain the Olympian Spirits ruled with. The most balanced of geomancy where there is no real downside and upside.

(Include: alchemy, spirit channeling, low-level divination, and familiar summoning.)

Reconciler Synchronizität: Faculty of Astronomy

Phenomenon creation by means of forcing one's luck to assign herself with the chosen geomantic figures, making a simple suggestion into reality. Lestari can choose a geomantic figure to be the
    Reconciler
    Event
    she wishes and anything around Lestari's magic circle will be forced to accommodate with the chosen Event to create phenomenon she wishes before. A classical choice of Geomancy, with an advantage on divination.

(Include: hypnotism (target and self-cast), boundary field and an advanced divination.)

Inverse Cabal: Curse (Formally, Faculty of Astronomy)
    Curse by means of using geomancy to assign
    Sefirot
    Good
    and
    Kelipot
    Evil
    alignment toward geomantic figures. The assigned alignment will cause effect toward the target, curse with Good assigned on it will cause a positive effect such as healing and fitness, but curse with Evil assigned on it will cause a negative effect like bleeding. As most curse is a type of Magecraft that cause effects toward the caster, so does geomantic curse. But in this case, it works differently as the caster will gain the opposite effect from the target. But due being essentially causing two phenomena at the same times, it naturally has the double magical energy cost.

(Include: curse (positive and negative), illusion and basic divination.)

Recursion: Faculty of Modern Magecraft-Computer Hacking "Technopath"

Able to control machinery runs by computer at will using geomancy. By synchronizing the binary data of computer machine with geomantic figures, who governed with the same mechanism of
    Passive
    Binary 0
    and
    active
    Binary 1
    , the user able to freely hacks, gain information, change and deleting data, etc; that the targeted machine has. The downside of this school is the opportunity to use it is limited to the technology available.

(Include: technopathy, hacking and electromagnetism.)

Quest Master Notes

Just like other Quests, choosing your Magecraft is very essential and can't be changed once you choose it, even a Game Over. That being said, there is no difficulty difference between them, except choosing Technopath. Also, when I said there is something true in Raff's post, I refer to Geomancy being mostly an Astronomy Magecraft.

I will most likely release new chapter once in a week, and the reason why I am posting this update so fast is a merely sentimental one. Basically, I want to release the most fun choice on my birthday. No, I'm not making a 9/11 joke, that is a bad taste even for a dark joke. I really-really born today.

Ah don't worry though, the pacing is the same as I plan to, you are supposed to learn your ability this early.
    Last edited by Spartacus; October 2nd, 2020 at 10:05 AM. Reason: a very funny typo fixed

Blog Entries

Also, Happy Birthday, Spartacus!
    (It's amazing to think that there are many many peoples out there who shared their birthday with an important historical date)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, lol this is awesome

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Uhhhhhh Reconciler

Also huh, second person on BL I know of with a September 11 birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reconciler Synchronizitat
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Also, Happy Birthday, Spartacus!
    (It's amazing to think that there are many many peoples out there who shared their birthday with an important historical date)
    Thanks, but it's not awesome as it sounds.
    People think that I am lying or making an anti-American joke.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A bit late but Reconciler Synchronizitat​