Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1722252627282932 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/ConQUEST

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    In that case, wouldn't it be better to play things more offensively? Perhaps we could have Kenshin fight offensively, instead of defensively.

+1 to Sleepy, he has brain and I will blame him when things gone wrong (kidding)

+1 to Sleepy's idea

Well, vox populi, vox Dei! +1 to Sleepy's plan.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

Servant Status!
    Armada Rider - Ferdinand Magellan
    Health: Poor
    Magical Energy: Good

El-Dorado Caster
    Health: Excellent
    Magical Energy: Great

SFA Rider - Zachary Taylor
    Health: Great

European Confederation Lancer
    Health: Excellent (cursed)
    Magical Energy: Good

For almost 1 hour, Ferdinand Magellan has been fighting a defensive battle non-stop.

Her enemy is SFA Rider - Zachary Taylor with the power of Captain Bulltop Stormalong from American tall tales, a member of the giant race that should have been extinct by the Age of Man. By parameter alone, Zachary is the superior Rider, as both of his speed and power surpass Magellan’s. His rampaging assault has dislocated multiple of her bones simply by trading blows, and her gun has been out of bullets already.

Yet there is also the black knight - EC Lancer who has restored his full health. While the young knight is the inferior combatant in terms of fighting skill, and his performance has been reduced severely due to El-Dorado Caster’s ability, he has repeatedly focused his attack toward Caster. This makes Magellan need to protect the latter and fend off SFA Rider at the same time, as she understands that if Caster dies, EC Lancer will return to his original performance. She recognizes she can’t handle both EC Lancer and SFA Rider attacking her in full power together.

“Continue to pressure her. Even though she has a very strong defense, she lost her life in a defensive battle. She is near her limit already.” inform Lancer as SFA Rider continues his pressure.

“I can see that!”

“Heh…! Compared to Lancy’s holy sword, this is nothing…!”

“Good. Because I want to destroy that smug face of ye’ more! People that lack loyalty like ye’ pissed me off!”

“If it's about loyalty, I have one, you know? It's just I don’t put my faith blindly like you…!” says Magellan with a face of mockery.

“Piece of shit!”

The giant swung another strike with an arm as massive as her own body. Her body has long turned limp, yet she refuses to budge even a step away from Caster.

“Lady Fernan, you can abandon me if you want to! Unlike me, your power is still vital for your Master’s goal! I have fulfilled my duty as a Servant to stop a Singularity already. There is no need to throw away your life!”

“Are you sure you don’t want to keep your eye on me?” Lancer barely misses his swing to Caster.

“Tch!”

El-Dorado Caster wishes to help her. But the only reason he has been alive until now is that Magellan continues keeping SFA Rider at bay while also slowing Lancer’s movement. While he has pronounced a sickness Zachary Taylor had in life just like the way he did with Lancer before, his giant vitality makes such a hindrance moot.

If only there is an opening so he is able to activate his Noble Phantasm.

“No way, priest. If I can’t even protect a Servant, how could I protect Lestari-chan from here forward?” she says while holding Rider’s arm with all of her strength.

Perhaps what he said is correct, she could just abandon him to prioritize Lestari’s goal. But that’s all there is to it, simply a boring victory. Something she has done a thousand times in the past, there is nothing unusual about it.

For Magellan, the objective of this war is not just that.

“Besides, Lestari-chan will hate me if I abandon an old friend like you!”

Year: 2022
    Daytime: Night

“We don’t have enough strength to destroy them at once, but they will be unable to risk attacking that cannon if we are near it!”

“I agree! Let’s close our distance toward it!”

The two Servants rush into a light blue and red silhouette. The Machine Lords notice them making a move and barrage them to stop their advance. Every single beam is capable of slicing most material like butter, yet they fire them in maximum output as the Pentagon building and Omega are made entirely of adamantine, meaning the beams are reflected into multiple directions and destroy everything in their way.

However, the two Sengoku generals possess the tremendous speed that surpasses most Servants. Their prior encounter with Zeta makes them anticipate the indiscriminate attacks, allowing them to respond and evade in time.

“Yorei no Hanzo!” When Assassin sensed there are attacks that she is unable to evade, she activate her Noble Phantasm briefly and get past them.

“If I keep myself calm, this is just the same trick as Shingen’s.” Kenshin simply took a breath and kept her heart in control. Together with her expertise in a battle with multiple opponents, the slight boost from Echigo no Ryu, and Tsuruhime’s power to sense the enemy attacks, she evades the beams with grace.

They arrived right below Machine Lord Omega and Kenshin immediately punched its surface, “it is impossible to damage it, after all.” As expected, its hardness and compactness are beyond the realm of physics.

“We are safe for now,” says Assassin.

Just like they predicted, the five Machine Lords stopped chasing after them, distancing themselves from Omega. While the beam attack is still a problem as it will simply bounce from Omega’s surface, at least being under it means the Machine Lords will be unable to attack them physically.

However, that in itself is a disadvantage.

“Yes, but I can’t trip them to attack the cannon at this distance…”

Kenshin understood that the most reliable way to damage adamantine is using another adamantine, but it will take ages to destroy something this massive using the impromptu adamantine shields the soldiers use, not to mention, there are only a few of those lying outside. If they want to deal significant damages to Omega, they must use the Machine Lords’ size and strength. Yet the Machine Lords decided to play it safe, only barraging them with beams.

“Tch!”

The two continue evading the attacks tirelessly. While they have not been hit even once, their Magical Energy is continuously drained from the prolonged fights, especially Assassin that has been using her Noble Phantasm repeatedly. They have no progress on stopping Omega from charging its cannon.

At the very least, they survived long enough for their Master and El-Dorado Assassin to arrive.

“Kenshin, Assassin! What is that…? What happened?!” ask Lestari, looking at Omega in disbelief.

“Master! That cannon has the strength nearly equal to SFA Archer’s Noble Phantasm! And from the look of it, it is aiming for South America! We don’t have a way to damage it right now!” explains Kenshin.

The moment they notice Lestari, the five Machine Lords focus their attention on her, Leader has set her into a priority target as a countermeasure. But thankfully, El-Dorado Assassin is capable of carrying Lestari and dodging the beams with ease. Though their defensive and offensive capabilities rival or even beyond Servants, it doesn’t matter if their attack never lands. Not to mention, he knows very well how they attack from spying SFA for years, and Lestari’s adamantine Albus will intercept if they go through his defense.

“There is no city or innocents we need to protect, we can just focus on evading the beams.”

“Recursion!” Lestari doesn’t hesitate to hack Omega as soon as she gets near it, but- “This thing doesn’t run with computers or electricity at all!”

Machine Lord Omega is simply a cannon with a standard kinetic and magical mechanism, there is nothing for her to hack. It will be different if it is made of iron or other magnetic property, but Adamantine by itself is a poor conductor.

To make it worse, the cannon starts to turn brighter and brighter, anyone present can tell that it will be ready to fire anytime soon.

This is Leader’s resolve. He fully intended to win this battle even beyond the grave.

“Leader, you bastard…!!! How petty can you be?!” groan El-Dorado Assassin in anger.

“We must think of a way! Let’s use everything at our disposal to stop it! This time, I have Command Spells, we will use it if needed!”

That being said, nothing she could think of is guaranteed to stop it. An Anti-Army Noble Phantasm Lancelot’s Arondight Overload can stop it from firing, but the latter is a Servant of Fujimaru Ritsuka that is currently defending El-Dorado, and even if they are here, they have no Mana to use it. She doesn't know if Echigo no Ryu’s True Name release is capable of achieving the output to destroy the cannon, nor is it currently on a maximum output for it to be powerful. Her Recursion could hack a Machine Lord, but the other four will try to stop her. Neither Ruler and Benjamin Franklin are here either.

(There are so many unknown variables!!!) Lestari grits her teeth.

“...”

El-Dorado Assassin notices that the other three have been desperately trying to prevent it to destroy El-Dorado, something they have no stake in. After what Lestari says and does inside the Pentagon, he knows that she is not someone that will let deaths on such a scale happen. He knows he doesn't want to see another bombardment in South America again, he doesn't want many innocent or less sinful people to pay the price.

And that girl, Ruler, she said no one needs to die anymore.

That naive girl managed to make him and Benjamin Franklin into allies despite the difference.

That little girl spent her entire life trying to prevent tragedy from happening again.

She should have used her life carefreely like a girl of her age…

He wants to believe that. He wants to believe that dreamer girl’s words. He wants to believe the trust she has in him. He wants to trust Lestari, who Ruler put her absolute faith into.

So he decides-

“This is not the time for stubbornly hiding my True Name! I am Leftraru, a hero of the Mapuche! I have a Noble Phantasm to manifest gold inside the body of my target! Please use that knowledge in consideration and help me to protect my people!”

wise-up! Assassin - Leftraru

Class
    Assassin
    Epithet
    Hero of Mapuche
    Identity
    Leftraru
    Faction
    El-Dorado, Ruler's Group
    Height/Weight
    186 cm/75 kg
    Alignment
    Neutral Good
    Attribute
    Man
    Bond
    1/5

STR AGI END MANA LCK NP
    C A C C B A

ARMAMENT:
    Mapuche axe (toqui): An arms length, one-handed axe. It is a symbol of a toqui, the axe-bearer, the leader of all Mapuche.

CLASS SKILL:

Presence Concealment

Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. It is possible to disappear and become extremely difficult to be detected. The rank of Presence Concealment drops considerably when preparing to attack.

PERSONAL SKILL:

Espionage A

Does not conceal one’s presence, but rather makes one's presence fail to register as hostile. The ability capable of infiltrating an enemy’s organization as well as gaining powerful trust. This Skill causes others to misunderstand one's status, including mistaking one for a kind neighbor, a harmless pebble, or a very dependable boss.

This is the Skill he used to infiltrate SFA and join their ranks without suspicion.

Innovation (Toqui) A

An innovation specifically to be able to learn enemy's tactic simply by observing. A conceptual advantage to using them as effectively as the enemy. At A Rank, it allows Leftraru to easily understand, learn, and use the fundamentals he wishes to study. It can be combat maneuvers, weapons masteries, sciences, and magecraft, on the level of a master or expert.

A toqui is the leader of the Mapuche during wartime, and because their enemy is the more technologically advanced Spain, the ability to incorporate modern warfare becomes vital. It becomes a pattern that a toqui introduces a revolutionary tactic, and the trend begins with Leftraru who learned the tactics of the Spanish during his time as a page for Valdivia.

The Skill contributes greatly to gaining intel of SFA.

Counterattack B

A Skill that represents one advantage in a counter-offensive battle. Not only is the owner of this Skill extremely skilled in retaliation, they are also capable of anticipating tactics, Skills, or even Noble Phantasms that have been used and making an appropriate countermeasure against it if possible. A Skill that is just like the phrase “The same tactic only works once!”

It is also a Skill that is closely related to the Oblivion Correction of the Avenger Class.

NOBLE PHANTASM:

Victoria de Tucapel
    Victorious Retaliation

Anti-Unit
    Rank C
    Range: 1
    Maximum Target: 1 Person

Leftraru has been serving the Spaniard as Pedro de Valdivia's (Chile's first royal governor) personal obedient servant since he was 11. When the Mapuche decided to rebel, Leftraru was chosen as one of their military leaders and used the military knowledge he learned from the Spaniards against them. In one of the legends, it is said that the Mapuche pours molten gold to Validivia's throat, or Leftraru tortured him for three days. Though the account of such cruelty is dubious, this has become a Noble Phantasm best suited for the Assassin Class.

It is activated by grabbing the target’s throat. While its range is very abysmal, Leftraru can manifest molten gold inside the target's body, and quickly destroy their inner organs. But many heroes possess Endurance that is capable of enduring devastating wounds, it is not strong enough to kill most Servants. The target doesn't need to be a living being, and it can be used toward an inanimate object if he chose to do so.

Its true strength lies in how much Leftraru understands what kind of enemy he is facing. The longer the battle with Leftraru the more accurate his understanding of his enemy became, the more he could exploit their enemy's weakness. As a master of observation and espionage, he is capable of analyzing the structure of his enemy's Magic Circuits simply from multiple clashes with them. With enough understanding, he is able to hamper the flow of magical energy with his golds. As Servants are beings that depend on Magical Energy to manifest, he can potentially kill a Servant by starving them from Magical Energy supply.

Just like how he defeated Valdivia, the man he has known since childhood.

Characters' status
    Lestari Elliwyn
    Magical Energy: Excellent--->Great

Assassin - Hattori Masanari II
    Magical Energy: Excellent--->Great

Saber - Uesugi Kenshin
    Health: Normal
    Magical Energy: Excellent

Assassin - Leftraru

FINAL Choice!
    This is the final choice of the West War arc. The fate of many people's life is in your hand. Five Machine Lords are defending the doomsday weapon, Omega.

Objective:
    -Survive for 1 Turn.
    - Prevent Omega from firing in the next turn.

You can choose four of the following actions below.
    [1] Kenshin use Echigo no Ryu's True Name Release on Omega.
    [2] Kenshin use Echigo no Ryu's True Name Release on Machine Lords.
    [3] Assassin use Yorei no Hanzo.
    [4] Leftraru use Victoria de Tucapel on Omega.
    [5] Leftraru use Victoria de Tucapel on Machine Lords.
    [6] Lestari use Recursion on one of the Machine Lord.
    [7] Use a Command Spell to increase Kenshin's Echigo no Ryu to its maximum output.
    [8] Write-in! [1]
    [9] Write-in! [2]

This is the final choice of the West War arc. The fate of many people's life is in your hand.
    But no pressure. :-P

Let's see... I'll go with 1, 5, 6, and 7.

Sorry, Sparta, but to ask for clarification: if we vote for 6, can we also decide what Lestari will use the Machine Lord for?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ok, choice time.

4) Leftaru weakens Omega

6) Les distracts the Machine Lords with Hackerman powers, if it works thats a bonus

3) Assassin covers Lestari so she don't get squished

Which allows for us to finish the combo with 1) Kenshin blowing Omega to Kingdom Come

+1 to hermes plan to blame someone if we all die in the explosion

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Sorry, Sparta, but to ask for clarification: if we vote for 6, can we also decide what Lestari will use the Machine Lord for?
    Sorry for late reply, but yes.

That's OK. :-)
    In that case, I'd like to add that Lestari should use the Machine Lord to help Kenshin against Omega.

After much pondering, I will go with Spoony’s

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries

+1
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

+1 Spoony because I am very panicked about this vote and he seems very relaxed, meaning he's probably right !

Oh no the responsibility

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    I, too, support this scapegoat-based form of government

+1 to Spoony
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

Blog Entries

I am not confident in my strategizing but much support.

Signature by fumato

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Year: 2022
    Daytime: Night

“There is no time to hesitate! Kenshin!” she nodded.

I can feel pain in my right arm, this is just like what my research says about the Command Spell. I still can’t believe it, a real one… but this is not the time to ponder around, we have a bigger problem in front of us.

“I ask you with my Command Spell: activate your Echigo no Ryu in its maximum output!”

With my call, one of the Command Spells shines. Together with it, Kenshin’s bluish aura took the shape of a dragon. She is now at her strongest, and her stats rise exponentially. She immediately takes a flight and slashes the cannon. Though she is only able to scratch it due to its sheer size, this confirms that we have enough firepower to damage it.

I look to El-Dorado Assassin, who has revealed his True Name as Leftraru in this critical moment, and we nod to each other.

“Leftraru! You have been monitoring SFA Archer and infiltrating SFA for a long time. You know how Archer’s circuit works, right?”

“More than anyone in SFA!” He quickly jumps above the cannon.

“Tsuru, you say that thing is similar to SFA Archer’s Noble Phantasm, does it have a similar structure?” I speak to Tsuru who is above with Kenshin, both using my mouth and Master-Servant linked telepathy.

“I’m not sure what you mean about structure… but it has a similar vibe! It is far bigger, but it is pretty much the same weapon built with similar intention!”

“Good! If that thing is an imitation of his Noble Phantasm, it should have similar circuits too! Leftraru, use your Noble Phantasm to clog that cannon!”

“On it!
    Victoria de Tucapel
    Victorious Retaliation
    !”

After he announced his Noble Phantasm, he put his palm on the cannon and his magical energy ran through its inner system. As if some kind of instantaneous alchemy, it quickly forms into a chain of semi-liquid gold.

I can feel it, the Mana around us that has been rapidly gathering to the cannon slowed down.

“I have hampered the circuits and the barrel! What’s next?!” but both of us can tell that this will not last.

I immediately rush in to get closer with the closest Machine Lord.

Even if I know they have me set as their priority target, I have three very quick Servants on my side. And I know that I can count on Assassin without the need of her being told to help.

“Master!”

Indeed, when a laser ray appears in front of me, so does she. She grabbed me by the back of my collar, and forcefully helped me to dodge. She is still rough as ever, but she understands what is best in this situation.

“Now I’m in range, Recursion!”

Recursion is capable of syncing geomancy’s active and passive elements with binary numbers. Though a Machine Lord is capable of rivaling Servants, as long as they are executed with computer programming, I can take control of them easily.

Saint Graph location: chest. Composed of 56% adamantine and capable of replicating 60% of Star Shooter’s original output, after the success of the previous model - Γ, it features an improved inner cooling system that is capable of resisting Benjamin Franklin’s Thunderbolt, and stronger inner frame to prevent error due to impact. The fourth Machine Lord produced and became the base model for subsequent models, Model Number Δ. Prioritize Lestari Elliwyn upon detection, prioritize to defend Joe Magarac, and immediately target a Machine Lord that is no longer under SFA control.

That is what I learn from hacking the machine. I know what to do next from here!

“Well then, Delta. Destro-”

A giant punch hits my newly under-control Delta.

The other four Machine Lords spend no time pinning down the machine. Leader as its creator understands the critical weakness of a Machine Lord: it can destroy other adamantine with sheer power and size. I was planning for Delta to bludgeon the cannon, but I can’t do that if they are actively trying to stop it.

Which means I can just hold them off to make sure Kenshin has a clear shot.

“Kenshin! The Machine Lords are currently distracted!” I once again yelled alongside transmitting my thoughts with telepathy.

“I know!”

Kenshin grips Tsuruhime on shoulder level, fully determined. Alongside her resolve, her draconic aura rages solemnly. I can feel it, this output is far stronger than the one she uses against Nobunaga. This is a C+++ Rank Noble Phantasm, which at its highest output, can surpass those of A-Rank. With the boost from my Command Spell, it is guaranteed that it will be used on its strongest.

“Echigo…” she closes her eyes and takes a deep but calm breath.

The draconic aura begins to concentrate on the blade of Tsuruhime. The aura emits raw magical energy that any kind of magi can only dream to cast. It shines so brightly that someone might mistake it as the moon from afar.

She opens her eyes.

And launch it with a single thrust. “-no Ryu!”

A dragon descends to earth and splits the sky into two. It completely devours the adamantine cannon that mounted above the Pentagon, leaving nothing but a lone Heroic Spirit that has been robbed of his free will.

Joe Magarac.

Spoiler:

Objective: Survive for 1 turn and prevent Omega from firing. completed

(BGM)

Arrogant.

Whatever it is started with the biblical conflicts of Cain and Abel, or the ancient hieroglyphs of Egyptian king Scorpion I, or humanity's oldest heroic story - the Epic of Gilgamesh — the history of humanity has always weaved with conflicts. It has always been a tale about a hero triumphing over their foes. A bloody story about men celebrating the death of their adversaries. It has been repeated for more than 6000 years of human history.

And now she dreams to save the entire world? A small group of people with an - Oh! so righteous, and pure sense of justice! - to resolve a conflict that has been gone for 5 years? The very same 5 years conflict that has far deeper roots in the history of the Americas?

Arrogant! How arrogant of you, Lestari Elliwyn!

No, perhaps it wasn’t arrogance, it was the naivety of a dreamer that wanted to believe everything can be done.

If that was the case, that’s simply pitiful.

What she sought, what they sought, perhaps far more impossible than the dream of all magi, the so-called Root, the Akashic Record.

After all, in this world, such a thing is simply…

Do not exist.

Characters' status
    Lestari Elliwyn
    Magical Energy: Great--->Good

Assassin - Hattori Masanari II

Saber - Uesugi Kenshin
    Health: Normal
    Magical Energy: Excellent--->Poor

Assassin - Leftraru
    --->Normal

Joe Magarac’s Noble Phantasm, Magarac Complex, allows him to redistribute his Saint Graph on any adamantine connected to him at will. To defeat him, one must completely wipe out every adamantine on the Pentagon building.

Yes, not just Omega, but also the entirety of the Pentagon. Which means also killing more than a thousand people that are still inside the building.

As long as Joe Magarac is alive, he can simply rebuild Omega again with the adamantine walls of Pentagon and the Machine Lord parts inside it.

Yes.

To stop it, to save the people in South America, they must choose to abandon their enemy.

And the Heroic Spirit simply did just that, so quickly, as if he was already anticipating the attack and made a backup cannon inside the Pentagon, and resumed the charge that is near completion from before.

“No…” says Lestari Elliwyn as her pupils shrink, unable to quickly process what she sees.

“So even with my strongest… we can’t even stop this thing…?” Kenshin grit her teeth, as she now has no more Magical Energy left but to materialize. Even Tsuru is silent, the sword always believed that her owner is the strongest, yet the sight of her losing spirit made her understand…

They have lost.

“Damn it!!!” Leftraru has canceled his gold manifestation Noble Phantasm to dodge the draconic blast, quickly rushes again to the newly rebuilt cannon. “Some people there haven't done anything wrong!” he stretched his arm to quickly manifest it again inside the cannon. “If you want to punish someone, just punish me—!”

But that slight chance was enough-

For the cannon to stop charging and fire its ray.

Spoiler:

The two geniuses are currently waiting for an opening.

When the others engage in a desperate effort to prevent South America from being bombarded, Ruler and Alexander Graham Bell face a completely personal battle.

Both have an extensive interest in each other. Ruler respected Bell as a professor that contributed greatly to the world, and she also had hope in him for a reason she kept private. Bell in turn continues to be fascinated with the mysterious girl and her gifted mind; he continues to observe Ruler to the point of figuring out her true identity.

They push their intellect to map, analyze and predict the potential moves each other will make. Their sight not only just tracks the person in front of them, but also the environment around them.

(She is capable of destroying anything in one touch, accelerating at a rocket speed, or creating an impenetrable barrier. The maximum Strength, Agility, and Endurance of a Servant could have, but never all of them at once.)

(He has caught me once in our first battle. He knows that my power has a limit! With his monstrous information processing capabilities, it is best to assume that he knows fully how my power works!)

Bell makes the first move. He activates soundwaves with high frequency enough to mess with the brain. “Generate: Barrier!” Ruler responds by creating a circular barrier around her body to repel it.

Her invincible defense is within his expectation. He follows by sending four of his backup bodies, each equipped with a vibrating arm that was strong enough to deal heavy damage to Kenshin, a Servant with Magic Resistance. Rather than resist it head-on with her barrier, she decided to remove it and channel her energy to her arm, destroying one of Bell’s bodies in a single punch. She then quickly moves away from the other three at a jet-like speed, “Generate: Booster!”

Despite what it seems, Bell is satisfied with the outcome.

“That confirms it. Your power is a Reality Marble.”

“...So what of it?” Ruler instinctively clicks her teeth.

“A world that only exists within your mind, how fittingly pitiful of someone that can only dream, Countess.”

“...” she turns silent.

A Reality Marble.

It is a unique, rare, and among the highest type of magecraft to manifest one’s inner world into reality. It is something that is compared to True Magic, as it is so strong that it can rewrite reality for a duration of time, as the world itself will actively reject it to restore the world to normal. While it is magical in nature, many Servants, including scientists, gained it as a Noble Phantasm to manifest their legendary deeds. Her Saint Graph is gifted with a mind that was born 2 centuries too early. She thinks the most abstract thing to be mathematicized as numbers, and even something that seemingly formless like music can be produced through computation. Naturally, it is an extremely powerful ability.

But it is just that, a fantasy that only exists in the user’s mind. No matter how strong it is, that power changed nothing in this world. Once it is compared to Benjamin Franklin’s uncovering the relationship between thunder and electricity, or Bell’s telephone that connected the voice of the world, it is become a reminder that this legend achieves nothing. It is something that is never realized, something that forever remains a dream.

This translates into one simple effect: she could computerize every physical thing in this world to data and vice versa. This allows her to recreate a drone and a mechanical pegasus or channel her entire Saint Graph to execute one specific task. The latter allows her to delete or resist a specific object she assigns, but it requires a huge amount of data processing for it to work, resulting in being left vulnerable to other objects she ignores.

In other words, she is a humanoid, all-executing computer.

“I ask, what of it?! What’s wrong with dreaming?! At least I’m not a pathetic person that decided to give up our future!”

As she shouts, magical energy runs through her entire body. Her wing revs as it shrunk to a smaller size than before, but her entire body is protected with a faint shield, and her arm turns into a barrel. Her Strength, Endurance, and Agility now only reach D-B Rank in comparison to a single A+ she usually uses. Ruler has judged that the right way to deal with someone like Bell is not overwhelming power, but versatility.

wise-up!
    Ruler Parameter
    STR: E --> D
    AGI: E --> B+
    END: E --> C

She boosted and put her barrel arm forward. She then fires a barrage of magical energy to many of Bell’s backup bodies while flying at high speed. Its output is far stronger than Lestari’s Via and Ritsuka’s Gandr, and the rain of bullets destroys many of his equipment. She continues to fly around at high speed to dodge from the bodies while pressuring them with her barrages.

“I do not have the strength to protect the world. Unlike you, I have no power to stop anything simply by imagining them!”

However, her bullets aren’t powerful enough to penetrate Bell’s shockwave. His arm is capable of producing powerful high-frequency shocks, but it is not the only feature. It is capable of producing shockwaves in various frequencies, waves, and patterns. He creates a shockwave wall to disperse the barrages with some of his bodies, while the rest chase her frantically.

“Strong this, weak that! I too, with this ability I got, I can't even save a single person! Don't force your perception of me to fit your liking!”

As they came close, Ruler instead decided to turn her body and manifest an energy blade from her arm. It is strong enough to cut two of them before they can grab her with their deadly arms.

“If you understand that there are problems that are beyond our own, you should understand there is no other way! If there is an immediate answer to solve that problem, it is only logical for us to choose that! If what it takes for humanity to achieve peace is a brainwash, then so be it!”

The moment she stopped to pressure him, Bell didn’t let that opportunity go to waste. He took the nearest debris from the equipment Ruler destroyed before and launched them with a powerful shock like a shotgun. It was powerful and fast enough to penetrate Ruler’s B Rank barrier.

“Then how does Leader attempting to murder many El-Dorado soldiers is peace?! Things are painful for us and therefore it's alright to make things painful to another? Where is the logic behind that?!”

Yet, rather than being slowed down, she instead forces through his debris, locks his arm to prevent his devastating attack, and slams them to another, cracking his visor.

“They continue to be in our way even now! History has taught us there are times we can't satisfy everyone! What's wrong with making a decision?!”

Bell too will not let go. As one of his is about to be thrown away, he instead fires a powerful shockwave from his arms to drag her alongside him and crush her to the adamantine wall.

“So you want to repeat the same mistakes that agonize you again and again?! Isn't that the very same justification we repeatedly choose in the past that leads to this unsatisfying situation we have in the first place?!”

They continue to chase, blast, and clash with each other.

“That's exactly why Leader's solution is correct! Mankind is naturally incapable of evolving beyond that! Readvent will be the very last we will make that choice!”

None of them are willing to back down.

“I want to believe in the future! That we can finally move on from this unending stagnant world! We have that strength in us! We can outgrow ourselves!”

Not against this person, they thought.

“You are just a child that doesn't
    Common Sense of Man
    understand how the world works
    ! We can't defy the law that has been established for more than six thousand years of human history!”

Not when what is at stake is not just the lives of many, but also the future they are willing to live on, they thought.

“And yet you have
    Heroic Spirit of the Star
    changed the world once!

That one blow has taken the final of Bell’s backup bodies. Yet she has used her magical energy to the very end, she is forced to drop her balanced form. Both of them understood well, the next attack should, must, and will decide who is the victor.

“Someone that wasted your talent achieving nothing, what do you understand about the hardship of changing the world even so slightly?! Countess!”

“...How dare you!!! You know nothing about her!!! The feeling to desire something but recognize it can’t be done no matter how she tries, she understands that more than anyone!!!”

Character Status
    Ruler
    Health: Excellent-->Poor

Caster - Alexander Graham Bell
    Health: Excellent-->Poor

“Against you, I absolutely must not lose!”

“---I am the same! Bell Unity, connect everything left in the system to me!”

Ruler straightened her arm forward, grasping what is originally nothing, but it starts to form rapidly as she channels her magical energy. This object she is about to generate is not her strongest, nor it is something that should be considered special, yet-

Bell connects the last of his machinery and magical energy he can find on his right arm, the sheer amount of mana and shocks creates a powerful tremor as it destroys many non-adamantine objects in the room. Even if there is nothing left, he will answer her with his best, even if desperately-

The shockwave is released and everything in its path is shredded to dust. The sheer destructive power is comparable to a Noble Phantasm. Bell wants to make it clear to her that no matter what she dreams, against an overwhelming situation, even the strongest and most talented person will be crushed helplessly.

“Original, please let me borrow your way!! Generate:-!”

What appears to be an antique raygun was generated on her hand and she gripped it so strongly, as if putting all of her faith into it. However, even that faith immediately cracks from the earthquake-like pressure. Ruler fully understood that she only has one shot before the weapon crumbles, that this critical situation is truly real.

And that is precisely the reason she will reject it no matter what.

“Sing, Euterpe!!!

She fires her raygun, generating a small bolt in comparison to the giant whirlwind in front of her. But small and insignificant it is, it has been tuned so masterfully in accordance with the soundwaves’ specific frequency.

The bolt hits in the middle. Immediately after, it ripples through the entire wall of wind, making it collapse and disappear.

“...-!”

The cries of desperation have been repelled by a whispering song.

wise up!
    Ruler's Parameter
    STR: D --> E
    AGI: B+ --> A --> A+
    END: C --> D --> E

“If what it takes is a miracle, then we just need to make it! If a single miracle is not enough, we just need to make another and another! Stop using reality as an excuse, you idiot!

Ruler doesn’t waste her time to boost her wings of light. She uses her one last final energy to launch herself toward Bell.

Bell, who has been stunned from the earlier phenomenon, ready his deadly arm too late.

Both possess an arm that is capable of granting them instantaneous victory.

And one of them reaches their target’s body faster than the other.

(BGM End)
    Last edited by Spartacus; March 23rd, 2024 at 10:59 PM.

...That was awesome, Sparta. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I can't believe my wild theory was (half-)correct!

Blog Entries

Signature by fumato