Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Thread: How did YOU get into Type-Moon?

Blog Entries
    TVTropes buddies!
    Except I found Tsukihime's page when I was on Knife Nut.
    TVTropes -> Tsukihime VN -> Fate VN -> Fate anime -> KnK movies -> Melty Blood -> everything else.
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

JP Friend Code
    Fate anime. I know, the horror.
    Support list (it's a big one lol)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Really, I don't get the hate for the Fate anime. Not as good as the VN yes, but it's a good introduction to the franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it is. And I liked Kenji Kawai's music too.

Coincidentally, Kenji Kawaii composed the soundtrack for the Ip Man movies. 0_0

Blog Entries
    That was a very pleasant surprise for me as well.

Halfway through Ip Man's fight with Jin I thought "hey... this choir style sounds mighty familiar..."

I didn't hear the resemblance until the scene where Ip Man curbstomped those ten guys.

The I was like "OOOOOOHHHHHHHH. Now I get it."

Blog Entries
    You know what, I think I'm going to watch it again now.

brb

Kenji Kawaii did the music of Ip Man? It can't be the live action version I am thinking of... *checks Wikipedia* 0_0
    Wow, surprising considering the extreme anti-Japanese theme. I don't think I have ever seen such a stereotypical Japanese "Mongol" outside of World War 2 propaganda, he had the buck teeth and everything.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Well, they had General Miura as the (relatively) honorable Japanese final boss for Ip Man, so they needed some other lapdog for the Chinese audience to spit on (which Li literally does lolololol).

I'll also leave this here.

Back in early 2007, I stumbled upon the F/SN anime online. I sat down and watched it from start to finish... and almost immediately after it finished, I was driven to start writing the first chapter of what became the first full-length fic I've ever written. (Which happened to involve the kind of crossover that most people would have the good sense to not think of, ahem.)

Anyway, I first found an old board (now deceased) which was dedicated to the series, but not so much about the wider T-M franchise. It was probably... about June or July of that year before I stumbled upon the old Beast's Lair.

Things have kind of snowballed from then, I guess.

Around 2002 a friend obsessed with Vampires put the "anime" trailer of Tsukihime on her laptop so I was watching this "blond chick girl" and ask her, she told me she is a vampire... I was kinda intrigued as vampires where normally portrayed on a different light.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
    Back in early 2007, I stumbled upon the F/SN anime online. I sat down and watched it from start to finish... and almost immediately after it finished, I was driven to start writing the first chapter of what became the first full-length fic I've ever written. (Which happened to involve the kind of crossover that most people would have the good sense to not think of, ahem.)

Anyway, I first found an old board (now deceased) which was dedicated to the series, but not so much about the wider T-M franchise. It was probably... about June or July of that year before I stumbled upon the old Beast's Lair.

Things have kind of snowballed from then, I guess.
    Same as me though it happened in 2008 and I lurked on the old board for a year or so.

Teasing the Penguin God!

A friend bought the first print release of Fate/Stay Night VN at an expo a few years ago and it started from there.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Aladar's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ Mysterious empty post that isn't actually empty.

Chapter 15: Prince VS Pauper

A whole world away from Fuyuki, in a city of mages, a new War threatens to break out. Seven new Masters are chosen and enter a life-changing battle, unknowingly becoming part of a War in which there are more players than the eyes can see...

I saw a pic, I honestly can't remember what the pic was, but it led me to Fate/Stay Night.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    I once saw the first episode of FSN subtitled. Forgot about it, after some years I decided to watch it (I was impressed by Archer's design).

... but then I confused Archer's design with Alucard from Hellsing. First watched Hellsing and then, when I discovered that that wasn't the right anime, I searched more and finally found FSN the anime.

So, when the anime of Fate Stay night was began in 2006, I had watch and I was find that between good and average, after in 2010, I begin the visual novel and the first Vn I make it Fate stay nigh . I had love it. Now, I am a really fan of Type moon.

In order, I make:

1-anime Fate Stay Night
    2-anime Tsukihime(There is no Tsukihime anime)
    3- VN Fate Stay night
    4-the movie Kara no Kyoukai
    5- VN Tsukihime and Kagestsu
    6- light novel Fate /Zero(the best for me)
    7-Melty Blood
    8- Light novel Kara no kyoukai

1. first saw f/sn anime in 2010. it was slightly above average anime for me
    2. saw KnK movies in early 2011. at this point i was deeply interested in type moon
    3. fate zero only increased the fanboy in me
    4. currently playing f/sn...

Got into type moon a couple months ago from F/SN (read the archived something awful LP) and was blown away. Then read Fate/zero, actually, because I loved Madoka. I was basically completely history after that. I've read Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, first 5 movies of KnK, Tsukihime manga, Carnival Phantasm anime, first 25 pages of the KnK light novels, and the F/Z anime. Also played F/E, F/UC, and the Melty Blood games. Still trying to figure out how to get my hands on Battle moon wars, Notes, and the Tsukihime plus disc. Eagerly awaiting Tsukihime 2!!!
    p.s. I haven't watched any of the F/SN anime adaptations (except Archer vs. berserker and Shirou vs Gil) b/c I heard they sucked, is this true