Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 242475051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1120

Thread: How did YOU get into Type-Moon?

I got into through Fate/Extra on the PSP back in 2016 felled in love just to find out there is a whole universe of characters and I have been in it since.

Fucker of the Kirei Kirei_fucker69's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    No
    US Friend Code
    Phone broke, account lost
    I got into to Type Moon by being bored one day and watching Deen Stay Night. I enjoyed and then decided to branch out and watch the other anime (fate UBW, Heaven's Feel 1 and 2 - I still haven't seen 3 yet) - and fate zero). I then heard of Tsukihime, watched a few episodes of the anime, realised it sucked and then decided to play the VN. Upon realising I couldn't find any place to download the VN, I decided to play the original Fate Stay Night instead, and here we are.

Back in 2009 I watched Deen stay night which i actually liked , so asked a friend who was too into Type-moon for a similar experience and they recommended the FSN VN so went with it as my first VN . After that got to read Tsukihime and kagetsu tohya.

漆黒の翼 Jet-Black Wings Nyarly Alter's Avatar
    About 3 years ago i think, Youtube started reccomending me clips of waifu compilations, like Top Ten Best Tsunderes in Anime and stuff like that. I noticed a character named Rin Tohsaka showed up pretty often in these videos, especially the more fanservicey ones. There was a really cool looking blonde knight and some white haired loli who showed up a lot too, and many funny clips of a guy with a spear dying. I eventually realized that all these characters came from the same franchise, and that said franchise was gigantic. It seemed like a pain to get into, so i decided to only read the doujins of it instead, which i heard were pretty nice. I remember being confused about who tf was Ishtar and why she looked just like Rin but i was too busy being horny to actually care and search it up. A while after i graduated from school and the pandemic started, i now had so much free time i decided i would get into lots of franchises, so i finally started Fate (with the Deen anime despite lots of people saying it sucked). I fell in love with the Emiya theme and stayed in this rabbit hole since then. I only learned that Tsukihime and the other Nasuverse stuff were a thing later, but i grew to love them as well, especially Melty Blood.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard, chief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarly Alter View Post
    About 3 years ago i think, Youtube started reccomending me clips of waifu compilations, like Top Ten Best Tsunderes in Anime and stuff like that. I noticed a character named Rin Tohsaka showed up pretty often in these videos, especially the more fanservicey ones. There was a really cool looking blonde knight and some white haired loli who showed up a lot too, and many funny clips of a guy with a spear dying. I eventually realized that all these characters came from the same franchise, and that said franchise was gigantic. It seemed like a pain to get into, so i decided to only read the doujins of it instead, which i heard were pretty nice. I remember being confused about who tf was Ishtar and why she looked just like Rin but i was too busy being horny to actually care and search it up. A while after i graduated from school and the pandemic started, i now had so much free time i decided i would get into lots of franchises, so i finally started Fate (with the Deen anime despite lots of people saying it sucked). I fell in love with the Emiya theme and stayed in this rabbit hole since then. I only learned that Tsukihime and the other Nasuverse stuff were a thing later, but i grew to love them as well, especially Melty Blood.
    By and large, the people saying Deen/SN sucks are the ones that never watched more than a couple meme clips of it but happily parrot older posters' opinions (absent all context, of course).
    You chose a good way to get in, is all I'm saying. Welcome.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

I don't really remember what came first when I discovered Type Moon because if it was Tsukihime anime or Fate Deen Night and I thought it was really fun.
    When I started studying Japanese in 2011 I went to read Tsukihime and proceeded to read FSN and get to like the series a lot and slowly got into fate things and went to read Mahoyo too.
    It's fun.

It was on 2015. I was just playing some Warcraft III anime mods and happened to find one with Saber, Gilgamesh and Cu Chulainn. Had a lot of fun using Artoria, so i decided to google her name and find out which anime she was from. I watched Deen's anime and found it very enjoyable, but it was only when i played de visual novels that i really got into Type Moon.

US Friend Code
    I discovered Fate via YouTube when the Archer vs Shirou fight from Ufo UBW was recommended to me. Afterwards I watched the UBW anime, read the VN, then Apocrypha, and before I knew it I had fallen into the Nasuverse hole. Now with Tsukihime remake out I’m also getting into the Tsuki side of things as well.
    Last edited by Naygnix88; September 22nd, 2021 at 02:08 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seeing as its your first post; Welcome to the forum.

Hope you have a good time.

Been watching anime for a while and Fate is pretty damn popular so I always knew it existed and was worth a watch eventually. Unrelated to this, I was slowly getting into VNs, starting from Danganronpa before I even knew what anime was, then a few years later I played Sakura Spirit for some reason and went "this VN stuff has some potential". Another few years and I heard Rewrite was about to get an adaptation, and I decided to try reading the VN and only then watching the anime, just for the heck of it. Absolutely enjoyed the first route but as reading way more in English compared to what I was used to tired me out, I took a break before starting the next route and never did (It's still in my list though, I didn't give up on that just yet).

Eventually I decided to finally give Fate a go, so I tried to look up what's the starting point and as people couldn't agree on one, I went "fuck this, I'll just read the VN". Rin's summoning ritual was written well enough that I decided It'll be probably worth it, somewhere in the Fate route I got hooked on the VN, somewhere in the UBW route I was completely sold on Fate as a whole, and somewhere during HF I was sold on the Nasuverse as a whole.
    Sorry everyone, my smile now

works I've gone through:
    Fate/Stay Night [VN]
    Kara no Kyoukai (first 5 movies)
    Fate/Hollow Ataxia
    Fate/Zero [Anime]
    F/GO (all of part 1)
    Tsukihime (and plus+disk)
    Notes.
    Kagetsu Tohya
    Fate/Apocrypha

Hey Emiya, I showed you mine, so you show me yours" - a seaweed

I get familiar with Taipu-Muun around 2010, after watching the 2006 Anime which is famous for iconic Shirou's meme quote. After learning that F/SN is an adaptation of VN, I looked everywhere for its VN and play the whole routes. Not long after that, I learned about Tsukihime, another work by Taipu-Muun (its predecesor actually), and looked for its VN. Played the whole routes, Kagetsu Tohya, and I continued to play Melty Blood until MBAA Current Code. After, I learned about Kara no Kyokai, Mahotsukai no Yoru, and other projects (F/Strange Fake, F/Hollow Ataraxia, F/Zero, Apocrypha). However ironically, I recently learned (around 2013) that Canaan also part of Taipu-Muun project. Until now havent read it /watch the anime (maybe soon).

A friend recommended me Fate/Zero in 2014 and I liked it a lot. A year or so after that, I went on a 2 week vacation to see family and ended up stuck in a hotel room most of the time, found UBW on Netflix and watched it twice. That's what really hooked me!

After that I sought out the F/SN VN and read that, it was even more enjoyable for me than the UBW anime I had watched. After that I had to find more by this Nasu guy, so I read Notes and Tsukihime which became my new favorite. I'm not finished with Kagetsu Tohya yet, I've been reading it off and on for 2 years now but keep getting distracted. Need to finish it! I've seen KnK 1-5 but I barely remember them, I'd have to rewatch them before finishing - I'll get around to that someday. Maybe find the novel instead, I like reading more anyway. Most recently (like last year) I finally found Carnival Phantasm and I love it!

I avoided the DEEN anime because I was told it sucked, though I still want to watch it one of these days. I saw the first Heaven's Feel movie but not the last two. Played FGO for a few years after NA release, but lost interest in it around the time the 3rd Lostbelt came out.

I still have a lot to read and watch, which is really cool.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Welcome new-friend.

Could I perhaps interest you in Hollow Ataraxia? I have it on good authority that it's quite good.

About 11 or 12 years ago, I saw some "GAR" meme and thought the red man looked cool. Played and enjoyed F/SN, got really into Type Moon and proceeded to read Tsukihime and everything else I could find that was translated at the time. The Zero anime came out and I enjoyed that a lot. Was in Japan on a long vacation coincidentally as the Type Moon 10th Anniversary celebration was going on, and picked up some cool stuff including a physical copy of F/SN. Unfortunately due to my profound mental retardation I did not buy the copy of Tsukihime I found for about 1/7th of what they currently go for. At some point in this period I attempted to join Beast's Lair, but my registration wouldn't go through for some reason so I gave up.
    Things continued like this until 2014 when I just sort of stopped looking at TM stuff due to life and other interests taking up the time. Returned in late 2019 and it has been really exciting to see how much more stuff is out and translated now. I can't say I adore some of the directions TM has chosen to take things, but there's still enough of what I liked about it back then left to keep me invested.

The red man was pretty cool.

Damn, that's a long journey. Welcome aboard, it's a good time to be into TM right now.

And yes, the red man was very cool. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Thanks and yeah it really is. Honestly it's still a little mind-blowing that stuff I thought was an absolute never-ever like the Tsukihime remake is actually out now. Well, half out at least. It'll be interesting to see how things develop over the coming years.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I've planned to watch Fate somewhere around 2014, since it was quite on hype. And then I've started with Deen FSN anime, followed by Zero and then by UBW. After this, I've stumbled upon video with Shiki vs Asagami fight on youtube and decided to watch Kara no Kyoukai movies.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A belated (?) welcome! Always happy to see a lurker join in actively posting.

You followed an interesting path with the anime. Interesting in the sense that it's actually the release order of them, which is often not recommended. That said, if it meant you enjoyed yourself that's great.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    A belated (?) welcome! Always happy to see a lurker join in actively posting.
    Ha, you could say that. I'm just not that used to forums and all. Thank you, though. Hope to stick around here for more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    You followed an interesting path with the anime. Interesting in the sense that it's actually the release order of them, which is often not recommended.
    Well, yes, it was very... Interesting. Moreover, when I was getting into KnK movies, I watched them in chronological order (which is 2,4,3,1,5,6,7 if I recall), because someone in the comments told it was the right order. Still enjoyed it though and later re-watched multiple times.
    Last edited by Kurozetto; November 8th, 2021 at 01:24 PM.