I've always been interested in Anime/Games and stuff, so I ended up watching the Fate anime and thinking it was cool and all, but didn't think much else of it for awhile. But maybe about 4-5 years ago, one of my Japanese friends from Canada got me into playing Melty Blood AC for PC. At the time, I didn't know who any of the characters were and the game was obviously in Japanese, but I really enjoyed the attacks they used, the concepts behind them, and the characters. It wasn't long before I got my hands on the Tsukihime manga; a masterpiece, and of course had to buy all the volumes. To this day it is still my favorite comic. Then, I did some research and found out that somehow Tsukihime/MB was related to Fate. I couldn't believe it. And this was when I began reading the visual novels, starting with Tsukihime then reading Fate in it's entirety a year or so later. Maybe 2 years ago I got into KnK, and it wasn't until 1 year ago that I began reading Fate/Zero, which I honestly appreciate as a story more than Fate/Stay Night.

Overall, I have to say I love Fate the most. I've always been interested in history and mythology/fantasy, and to see the two come together in a story like this was amazing. The stories were well executed and the drama was solid, and something I could actually relate to at times. But most of all Character Design and story conceptualization is very important to me, as well as scene coordination, and just seeing what Type-Moon could do is what gave me the final push to my major in Computer Animation. These days I really haven't gotten into any "new" kinds of anime, ironically especially since I've traveled to Japan myself (but there have been a few gems here and there). But for the most part, alot of what's new seems kind of bland next to this amazing universe Nasu has set up. I do like Touhou Project though and consider myself kind of a fanboy to it, just not as much as Type-Moon. TM is pretty much my favorite thing in this world. :x