Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567101555 ... LastLast

Thread: How did YOU get into Type-Moon?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, I had a few problems with the backstory etc., went lookng for a beta-reader and they basically savaged my idea. I think I can fix it now, actually (with the help of some of Nasu's more recent retcons), but I just haven't got around to it....

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I always kept saying "Mike post that fic you were writing" and you always said no it's not finished blah blah blah. Never "I already posted part of it".

LIAR ;_;

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I always kept saying "Mike post that fic you were writing" and you always said no it's not finished blah blah blah. Never "I already posted part of it".

LIAR ;_;
    Well, that's probably because I was talking about a different fic....

I have at least four or five fics on my hard drive, and quite a few other ideas. That's just the only one that ever got actually posted.

I was hanging out in my Star Wars Jedi Academy clan forum when I came across a Let's Play topic with an odd name. Nothing did I know about the Let's Play format, and I had never heard of Fate/Stay Night either. At first, I did not pay much attention to it, but then I felt like giving it a try. Turned out I had fallen in love with that visual novel.

After that, I found out about Type-Moon's other visual novels, Tsukihime and Kagetsu Tohya. I started freaking out when Shiki killed Arcueid for no apparent reason, but I eventually got used to things like that.

“Hey buddy… You think you’re super cool or somethin’?” Kihara Amata

I remember seeing a Saber render years ago (think I was like, 15?) back when I had the whole signature/avatar making fever. I liked the character design so I did some research. I was interested in what I saw about servant stats, skills etc. but back then there was no way for me to get my hands on the "game". Not to mention, there was no English patch back then so eh.

Fast forward a few years, I forgot all about F/SN until I saw a thread about the game and anime discussion in some anime forum. After I watched the anime, I became a Saber ho and wanted moar Saber. So with a bit of research I discovered the English patch and managed to get my hands on the game. And from then on I became a Type Moon ho.

And also, a Visual Novel ho.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Eveonder's Avatar
    My girlfriend 5 years or more ago back in highschool introduced me to the F/SN anime... and then it was the game and then the rest was history.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Rowanism's Avatar
    Was looking for cool fighters, and found Melty. That was before ReAct. Characters and stuff impressed me. Began searching. Found Tsukihime. Played translated parts. Researched Type Moon. Things lead to another.

Banned
    My previous rpg group was talking about a "good anime" with summons and mages... they put me to see the scene Archer x Berserker and i was thinking if that pussycat was Achilles, because of the amounts of faggoteries, and how fail it was (they tell me that each servant was a hero of the past).
    I didn't liked that scene, but i gived a try and sought the 1st time and liked very much the Lancer guy, because he remembered me these country bumpkin guys (like the The Beverly Hillbillies, you know?) and he was awesome with that laid posture.
    after the 2nd time i sought the anime, i got be used to the characters, and today i like most of them, even Tohsaka Rin, when her mouth is shut up... they're good characters and the plot is amazing, if you got the chance to play the visual novel.

I'm still forcing me to try to finish at least one route (probably Kohaku's) in tsukihime, but the lack of good visual technology in that game doesn't help me so much (even where there's no tsukihime anime).

Aaaaaaaaand for Kara no Kyoukai, GG! Amazing visual art and technology... the quality of that anime is top-of-line (for Kotonorris sake that Fate/Zero will be produced by Ufotable, and no more by DEEN).

(and sorry for my lame english, i'll hope that you people can understand at least half of what i said.

JP Friend Code
    If you are going to go through Tsukihime, bear in mind not all routes are playable at the beginning (specially Kohaku), and it's advisable to go in the recommended order
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

Banned
    oh crap, i really need to get along with arc? sux -_-
    i'll drop it, them... i think i'll wait the remake with poor sacchin as possible heroine.
    ...nah, this will NEVER happen.

JP Friend Code
    If you really want to skip Arc, you can start with Ciel, and then jump to the far side routes (Hisui is needed before Kohaku, but Akiha is also recommended first)
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

Banned
    i hate ciel and arc haha
    even if ciel is french =/

well, someday i'll try.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Abillama View Post
    i hate ciel and arc haha
    even if ciel is french =/

well, someday i'll try.
    You hate Ciel...

Why?
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Abillama View Post
    i hate ciel and arc haha
    WHAT

Play through the Near-side routes for Nrvnqsr and Roa. Also play Ciel route so you can see the Tohno fap while he chokes.

Blog Entries
    I spent a minute there trying to remember when in the Near Side routes Shiki attempted autoerotic asphyxiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I spent a minute there trying to remember when in the Near Side routes Shiki attempted autoerotic asphyxiation.
    But you eventually figured it out right?

Edit: probably one of my favorite scenes in Tsukihime and I don't know why. I may sort of meh whenever how "crazy Tohno be" is brought up in his favor since I always saw it as more a generic (fictionally) counterpart to the neurosis that most Nasu characters have but it is entertaining to watch I will admit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    You hate Ciel...

Why?
    well, i dislike Ciel but i do not hate her

and Ciel just seems like a bitch

On topic: I got into Tsukihime on a port for the nds, which was the first visual novel I had read compared to Phoenix Wright, and in my mind it holds much more esteem. Later, I began reading fate/stay night, but the vnds port was missing effects and my poor m-sd- kun suffered greatly with the outrageous size of 1 gig for a novel on it. So I read the first route of tsukihime on the computer again and once my copy arrived, began reading fate/stay night on the computer. Later, I watched the kara no kyoukai movies after my house burned at the beginning of last year, arround this time last year, actually. Since then my fandom has just grown stronger with my studies of the japanese language and far eastern cultures.

Off topic: I loved Ciel at first, but in time she struck me more and more of a pain as I read other routes then hers. In the end, Akiha was my favorite.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Everything started when i found a Rider image in the google images.... 5 years ago. Nowadays I'm considered the biggest fan of Type-MOON in this city where i live.
    When there is too much love, too much compassion,
    too much understanding, too much kindness, too much thankfulness,
    too much respect, and too much heart,
    then it becomes an act of cruel violence.