Page 192 of 617 FirstFirst ... 92142182187190191192193194197202242292 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    It rather seems to me that back then the camps were clear, but today people keep tangling themselves up with terms. Take being a muslim vs. being an Arab. You can easily anger the people themselves by failing to make that distinction.

To change topic slightly, the Throne of Heroes is not exactly the temple of diversity either, which is a bit weird, since the entire world is its plate. I dare say that the gross overestimation of anglo people's merits in historical records, that TM has to reach into when looking for inspiration, the fact that the only black servant is Sheba and muslims are portrayed exclusively as a brotherhood of murderers, is in fact the work of that very same eternal anglo you've just so throughly dismissed.

The treatment of slavs in particular is outright insulting, and please notice that in Fate/Grand Order, slavs are literally turned to animals. Outside of the exotic oriental servants, this undercurrent of Britain first, the assets of the empire second, its greatest enemies third, and countries midway between britain and japan never, is undeniable. Like what the hell is a Hawaiian supposed to say when they look at Summer BB? They're going to say that's pretty stupid and kind of insulting when you explain it to them, that's what they're gonna say.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    I just think it's a pretty fascinating, systematic form of bigotry that you don't see expressed often,
    Where do you live where the model minority concept is not something people regularly endorse in normal conversation

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Won't dispute that, tbh

I think at this point, representation was never something TM was necessarily gonna be progressive about

Not that it's an excuse, and while they were trying to show more Western stuff in comparison to East Asian, the biases show.

Blog Entries
    to think that a corporate (that is to say, franchise) imperative to treat the historical archive as a resource to be strip-mined such that >1% of it can be mechanically reprocessed into trash sons and anime tiddy at a rate congenial to the bottom line results in flagrant distortions and omissions.........the waste in general is appalling
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Where do you live where the model minority concept is not something people regularly endorse in normal conversation
    As a member of a model minority, I'd say the concept is expressed pretty damn often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    After all, who would drag a bull to court and righteously sentence it to death for goring someone?
    Google "animal trials," people literally did this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    They also tried inanimate objects and dead bodies.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    People were retarded

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    I'd actually heard of that too. A wild boar was once tried and sentenced to death for goring a small child or something along those lines. Still I thought it was a fair point to bring up, since even if trying animals in court did happen sometimes, it was mostly limited to the medieval period and certainly considered antiquated by the time American plantation slavery was instituted. (The topic I was discussing).

A chicken was tried for laying an oddly colored egg, and several Pope's were exhumed and posthumously tried for crimes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    A chicken was tried for laying an oddly colored egg, and several Pope's were exhumed and posthumously tried for crimes.
    Several? I thought it was only Formosus (though to be fair, they dug him up twice, so maybe that counts for two).

Several? I thought it was only Formosus (though to be fair, they dug him up twice, so maybe that counts for two).
    I thought Honorius as well? I'm pretty sure a Sylvester as well. I could be wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I thought Honorius as well? I'm pretty sure a Sylvester as well. I could be wrong.
    From the little bit I read it seems like Honorius was branded a heretic and excommunicated after death, but not that his body was physically dug up.

From the little bit I read it seems like Honorius was branded a heretic and excommunicated after death, but not that his body was physically dug up.
    True.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure that for the most part putting dead people on trial was done as a display thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that for the most part putting dead people on trial was done as a display thing
    Oh it definitely was, but even now, we wouldn't in our wildest dreams consider putting a corpse on trial for even symbolic purposes or for political point-scoring.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Archimedes is a fun villain, Yuichirou Higashide is a good writer, Tamamo is evil

JP Friend Code
    1 and 3 are not even unpopular.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    3 is a charm point

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    1 and 3 are not even unpopular.
    From what I've seen Archimedes is always criticised and Tamamo is universally considered a pure wife by her fans who ignore half of her character by saying TM alignments are invalid.