Page 258 of 617 FirstFirst ... 158208248253256257258259260263268308358 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's on a completely different level.
    don't quote me on this

I don't argue that Artoria is a strong servant, my only complaint is that they wank her far too much while she's not THAT strong. Although then again I guess I'm judging her based on unfair standards.
    Last edited by injuly; July 9th, 2019 at 01:57 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Obvious conclusion: debating who or what the 'strongest' Servant is has been a pointless waste of time from the very beginning because even the fucking narration can't pick one
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

In FSN and Zero?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Not accounting for all the jobbing she does, Artoria is one of the stronger Servants we know, from a powerlevel perspective. Great stats, great personal abilities, and a bunch of omgwtfbbqhax Noble Phantasm(s). Narrative-wise, Shirou wanks her a bunch (at least partially because he wants to bone her) but as Leftovers succintly pointed out she's far from "the strongest" even in her own debut. On a more meta level, she's the face of the franchise, so of course she's gonna have a lot of screentime wherever she appears.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    What could possibly seem powerful about someone with enough martial skill to defeat berserkalot and kojiro in swordplay, a strong enough offensive NP to do the thing people were kinda hoping VS might be able to do, a defensive NP capable of blocking EA, and a healing ability significant enough to raise her base defenses to at least parity with things like the god hand and armor of fafnir
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Don't think the Berserkalot and Kojiro examples are that correct?

Blog Entries
    Well, they happened.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Shirou wanks her a bunch
    Impossible, Saber was back to female when Shirou met her.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Not really.

She had enough skill to keep up which is good. But she didn't beat them at their own game.

Kojiro decided to use the bent sword for flawed Tsubame Gaeshi because he was running out of time. Berserkalot paused enough for Saber to get the kill stab because lol Kariya dying.

She's good, but she didn't beat them in swordplay.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Sparks View Post
    Impossible, Saber was back to female when Shirou met her.
    Speaking of, that whole situation confuses me. IIRC, Merlin did it so Artoria could have an heir with Guinevere right? But Morgan got in the way and so Mordred was conceived instead, but did Merlin and Artoria know something went wrong? And if not... did they like, not try again to get said heir???

:/ :/ :/
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Not really.

She had enough skill to keep up which is good. But she didn't beat them at their own game.

Kojiro decided to use the bent sword for flawed Tsubame Gaeshi because he was running out of time. Berserkalot paused enough for Saber to get the kill stab because lol Kariya dying.

Actually in the berserker fight that’s not what I was referring to. See people forget a very interesting part of that match. When saber and Lancelot were fighting, Lancelot using mad enhancement and knight of owner against saber who was using invisible air, it was a fairly long running melee, the two servants pitting their skills and respective noble phantasms against each other. That melee ended when saber caught Lancelot by surprise and attempted to behead him. The nerration makes it absolutely clear that what saved Lancelot was that he specifically knew what Excalibur looked like.

Thats a level of uniquely specific affinity advantage that in the nasu verse would usually be reserved for a protagonist who just had sex.

to put that another way, without a key affinity advantage saber would have just straight up murdered Lancelot in a pure martial brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Not really.

Even then it also boils down to Saber beating Kojirou who used his trump card while not even using her lesser one (Strike Air) Even if you say that it’s because his sword was chipped and it was flawed it still isn’t the most equal of fights. It’s said in FSN that a serious fight between servants is a battle between Noble Phantasms after all.

Shes a heavy hitter that I can see feasibly standing up against anyone. Truly a protagonist servant.

She becomes broken when you add Avalon too so you have the reasonable gamebreaker power up too.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Speaking of, that whole situation confuses me. IIRC, Merlin did it so Artoria could have an heir with Guinevere right? But Morgan got in the way and so Mordred was conceived instead, but did Merlin and Artoria know something went wrong? And if not... did they like, not try again to get said heir???

:/ :/ :/
    Maybe they got it, but Mordred's rebellion made the whole thing a moot point? That, or Merlin was trapped on Avalon before they could try again?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Fate/side material
    In terms of pure swordsmanship, Assassin is the greatest among the Servants of this Holy Grail War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Arms Mastership
    A+: Mastership of combat arts has reached the point of being said to be unrivaled in one's era.
    haven't had to use these in a very long time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    haven't had to use these in a very long time
    no worries, that doesn’t change my post. I was careful in my wording for exactly that reason

When the gap in martial skill is small then things like being a dragon, being a Jedi and noble phantasms tend to decide the battle.

You don’t have to be the best in pure skill to win a battle or have a fight without beamus ultimately.

no worries, that doesn’t change my post. I was careful in my wording for exactly that reason
    fwiw i agree that if lancelot wasn't lancelot sabre would totally beat him

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I think this discussion happens every 6 months in this thread? I definitely remember treading this ground earlier, sometime during the spring. Maybe I should look back and see.

- - - Updated - - -

fwiw i agree that if lancelot wasn't lancelot sabre could totally beat him
    Wut? Are you saying Saberlot would have won, or not?
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    fwiw i agree that if lancelot wasn't lancelot sabre could totally beat him
    Always nice to get on the same page!