Page 270 of 617 FirstFirst ... 170220260265268269270271272275280320370 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Huitante View Post
    This is the best analogy of Reddit I've seen in ages
    Nah, you're thinking of 4chan. Occasionally they produce something of value, but mostly it's just turds.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Something something modern conceptions affecting Heroic Spirits
    Not sure how contested of an opinion it is, so I'll just post it here anyway and gauge the popular reactions:
    I actually like how this has become more apparent and utilized of a concept in the setting. It allows the writers to not be so beholden to fact slavery if some minor adjustments or interpretations can allow for a more unique or improved story.

Granted, it is a tad odd to have this be an element in a setting that likes to use "how it REALLY happened" and alternate interpretations of the source material to explain personalities/motivations/play with audience expectations, but then again that's up to an author to be competent enough to decide which elements to use or not and how that informs the development of the story.

By and large, I find it a desirable concept to have in the setting.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    I always felt it weird how un guiilt-ridden Miyuverse Shirou is vs FSN Shirou. Like at least HF Shriou struggled with choosing Sakura over his ideals. Miyuverse Shirou just seems to get over everything really quickly.

He just feels really watered down.
    I agree....Miyuverse Shirou feels like a really bad fanfiction version of Shirou, hollow badass factor and none of the key points of the characters...atleast put the actual sister of the MC in there as his sister figure...the author of Kalied having Shirou's entire reasoning for doing things being a self insert called miyu is just insulting.

I also have a problem with the Shirou vs angelica stuff...no i dont need to hear the author's opinion on what he thinks of the heroic ideal and framing that as 'correct'.

The entire point of Shirou is that he has multiple ways to approach life and they arent inherently wrong, just different.

Having Miyuverse Shirou try and call someone else out for "choosing the many over the few" just feels like a complete misunderstanding of the dynamic of the ideal, because its everything Canon!Shirou wanted, so when he doesnt go that route, he's obviously tortured over it and its a big flipping deal. Something Miyuverse Shirou doesnt show.

. Also, Miyu is still a little innocent girl, yeah, the narrative tries to say protecting her will put the world in danger , but it never really feels like it . With HF, Sakura really became a danger , she is obviously a victim but not the totally innocent pure victim Miyu is, you understand Shiro but the moral struggle is always there

Its like a thoussand fan fictions but the author just got luck and budget. As Inu said, at least use his actual sis instead of an OC

- - - Updated - - -

Unrelated, i miss when Avenger was literally just Angra. Now anyone is avenger

It was supposed to be his main trait as grail...his ultimate uniqueness as the thing the entire plot and universe is centered around. Ever since the universe expanded, it became less and less a thing. Now he's just fuyuki grail boy...

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Not sure how contested of an opinion it is, so I'll just post it here anyway and gauge the popular reactions:
    I actually like how this has become more apparent and utilized of a concept in the setting. It allows the writers to not be so beholden to fact slavery if some minor adjustments or interpretations can allow for a more unique or improved story.

Granted, it is a tad odd to have this be an element in a setting that likes to use "how it REALLY happened" and alternate interpretations of the source material to explain personalities/motivations/play with audience expectations, but then again that's up to an author to be competent enough to decide which elements to use or not and how that informs the development of the story.

By and large, I find it a desirable concept to have in the setting.
    Yeah, it's something I really like about Servants. I think Vlad is an especially good application of it. Though I do think it's odd that it seems arbitrary which characters it does and doesn't apply to though, like some Servants who you'd think would get this like Saber don't.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Miyu's Shirou didn't go through the same experiences as SN's or Illya's Shirou, so any differences between the two don't bother me much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Yeah, it's something I really like about Servants. I think Vlad is an especially good application of it. Though I do think it's odd that it seems arbitrary which characters it does and doesn't apply to though, like some Servants who you'd think would get this like Saber don't.
    Well Saber isn't a true Heroic Spirit, but rather the real person, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Well Saber isn't a true Heroic Spirit, but rather the real person, so...
    In SN sure but I'm pretty sure by GO she's actually in the Throne.

She's not the only example of the seeming arbitrariness of whether stories influence a Servant or not though, just one off the top of my head.

She's actually not, especially since in at least 2 routes, she went to Avalon, and Chaldea is an odd circumstance.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    but then again that's up to an author to be competent enough to decide which elements to use or not and how that informs the development of the story.
    that's up to an author to be competent enough to decide which elements to use or not
    wheeze
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

I get annoyed at people calling Miyuverse Shirou the best Shirou too, but Kuro annoys me far more as a character, she feels way more like Hiroyama's self insert than Shirou does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    I don't care if it doesn't make sense. I don't have any intent of making it make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Miyu's Shirou didn't go through the same experiences as SN's or Illya's Shirou, so any differences between the two don't bother me much.
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious this Shirou was created while taking into account the audience is already very familiar with the character from the original series. Parts of his character were clearly made as pure fanservice but that's pretty much the whole point of Prisma Illya.

Besides, it's not like the anime portrayals of his character in the different FSN shows are significantly better or shows more depth to them (The jury's still out on HF since there's one more movie to go).

Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious this Shirou was created while taking into account the audience is already very familiar with the character from the original series. Parts of his character were clearly made as pure fanservice but that's pretty much the whole point of Prisma Illya.

Besides, it's not like the anime portrayals of his character in the different FSN shows are significantly better or shows more depth to them (The jury's still out on HF since there's one more movie to go).
    Ufo Shirou is basically VN Shirou shown but not told, unlike the VN. I don't see why you see such a difference. I've seen both, and ufo's adaptations are quite faithful bar a few changes.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    wheeze
    Very true.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

US Friend Code
    I disagree but I also think it's unavoidable due to the medium. An anime can't get inside Shirou's head show all his thought processes and how broken he really is the way the VN could. At least, it can't without having self narration over every scene, which probably would be awkward.

Anime Shirou comes off to me at least as a lot less messed up psychologically, and a lot more just shounen protag. The closest it gets is the scene where he makes a creepy face and Rin tells him he's not normal, but that's like the only time it comes up in ufoUBW

Again, it's a matter of show, not tell, and well, I honestly still don't see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Ufo is basically VN Shirou shown but not told
    ...As both Archer and Shirou re-iterates the same 3 lines for almost an hour straight about something that had no meaningful build up whatsoever

Except for that. Still gets the point across.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Hardmode: no quoting the VN to explain what’s going on
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"