Page 278 of 617 FirstFirst ... 178228268273276277278279280283288328378 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    That the one with the reallt chunky Shirou?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    That the one with the reallt chunky Shirou?
    Yep. Volume 2 had just been published.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is that the one that they do UBW but have Rider go out like Fate because it's way better than being taken out by Kuzuki offscreen?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Is that the one that they do UBW but have Rider go out like Fate because it's way better than being taken out by Kuzuki offscreen?
    And then she saves Shinji and he becomes better-ish?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    More like they did Fate but had Shirou go UBW for a sec so he was less annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It was a big mix.
    Up to VS Rider was like Fate. But after Excalibur the rooftop is partially destroyed and Shinji falls down toward certain death. He is saved by Rider (Sakura uses her last Command Spell to do this). There is a short flashback of a very watered down Sakura past (no rape or anything, just that Shinji has a complex because he is not a real magus and that she is adopted). Then Rider disappears with a smile.
    Then it goes full UBW, with Archer betrayal (but here he clearly did it to save Rin) and Lancer helping Rin and Shirou. After they defeated Caster, Archer uses UBW, he does not reveals his identity but just criticize harshly Shirou. After this, he is back as Rin Servant and Saber is back as Shirou Servant. The story goes back to Fate and you have the Berserker fight, just like in the VN.
    Oh, and to recreate the whole Gilgamesh first appearance like in fate, Caster was just pretending to be dead and waiting to disappear after Kuzuki died, then Kotomine persuades her to go back in the war to bring her Master back to life. She goes to the Emiya house, Gilgamesh appears and kills her and so on.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; July 31st, 2019 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Grammar. And spelling

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Huh. Not going to lie, if the execution was good, it seems like an acceptable merging of the routes (though UBW's themes seem greatly watered down or inexistent, so there's that).
    So how did it end, ultimately?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Huh. Not going to lie, if the execution was good, it seems like an acceptable merging of the routes (though UBW's themes seem greatly watered down or inexistent, so there's that).
    So how did it end, ultimately?
    The end was 100% Fate route, Bedivere and all.

There should not be a Prototype VN.

IF (let's be real here), there were to be an otome VN, it should be all original cast. New plotlines, new characters, new servants.

That is all.

US Friend Code
    I always assumed if Proto ever got made it'd be a LN, not VN.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I always assumed if Proto ever got made it'd be a LN, not VN.
    I mean yeah, isn't that what it was originally?

But that was more in response to seeing "Prototype VN when" pretty everytime Prototype came up other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Fate/Zero is the better Grail War story, but Fate/Stay Night tells a better story overall.

FZ still had decent characterization, but Gen seemed a lot more hellbent on putting the "war" in Grail War. And that set the tone for the rest of the franchise, really. Each new spinoff feels as if it plunges deeper and deeper into the summer blockbuster territory of style over substance.

It's only a matter of time before I go full hipster and come back here to post that DDD is better than the newest Fate/whatever.
    Mein Kamerad
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; July 31st, 2019 at 06:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    I always assumed if Proto got made into anything it would suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I might die for this, but I actually thought EMIYA (the OST) is kinda lame.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Agreed. It's only the context that makes it cool, it's kinda mediocre without.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    If you want an example, just take a look at the join dates of the most active users and match them to events on the TM timeline.
    you forget the lurkers. who lurk around here for years then just decides to create an account for no reason other than they feel like it.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    It was a big mix.
    Up to VS Rider was like Fate. But after Excalibur the rooftop is partially destroyed and Shinji falls down toward certain death. He is saved by Rider (Sakura uses her last Command Spell to do this). There is a short flashback of a very watered down Sakura past (no rape or anything, just that Shinji has a complex because he is not a real magus and that she is adopted). Then Rider disappears with a smile.
    Then it goes full UBW, with Archer betrayal (but here he clearly did it to save Rin) and Lancer helping Rin and Shirou. After they defeated Caster, Archer uses UBW, he does not reveals his identity but just criticize harshly Shirou. After this, he is back as Rin Servant and Saber is back as Shirou Servant. The story goes back to Fate and you have the Berserker fight, just like in the VN.
    Oh, and to recreate the whole Gilgamesh first appearance like in fate, Caster was just pretending to be dead and waiting to disappear after Kuzuki died, then Kotomine persuades her to go back in the war to bring her Master back to life. She goes to the Emiya house, Gilgamesh appears and kills her and so on.
    I actually have all the volumes that were released in English and it bugs me all the time that they stopped at 11.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

For some reason SF saber reminds me of Masaomi Kida, like legit every time he speaks I can hear Mamoru speaking.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ Coincidentally I always heard Saber's dialogue as Osamu Dazai, who is also voiced by Mamoru.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    I kind of feel a bunch of the cast just feels like they're there to pad out the cast and little else. I mean what does Sola-Ui really do beyond grow creepily obsessive over Diarmuid and then die?

She isn't even used for spinoffs. Same with Aoi. Her purpose seems to just be choked by Kariya into being mentally disabled, and then die years later, so that Rin can have an excuse for why she doesn't have a mom.

You don't see any uses beyond Zero for a lot of the cast besides Maiya's son appearing in Strange Fake.

A lot of the characters beyond Tokiomi, Kiritsugu, Kirei, Kayneth, & Waver, all kind of feel like they're like that woman in HF who got eaten by Zouken's worms. Just a random person who died almost.

It's kind of irritating actually.
    You literally named like half the cast. (Servants excluded, because they've all gone on to appear in other works and FGO).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    you forget the lurkers. who lurk around here for years then just decides to create an account for no reason other than they feel like it.
    Not really. I mean, I lurked BL for years before making an account myself. There's still usually something, an impetus that makes them take the leap from lurker to user.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.