Page 296 of 617 FirstFirst ... 196246286291294295296297298301306346396 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,920 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    2.To many archers don't ----ing use bows, and of the ones that do, most get the shaft when it comes to popularity.
    Some numbers.
    - The bow using archers are the 33%.
    - Adding slings and crossbows this number reaches the 50%
    - The firearm user archers are the 25%.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Considering
    Quote Originally Posted by cm3
    Archer
    Knight of the Bow. A class that excels in possessing powerful Noble Phantasms. The qualifying condition is not attributes, but the possession of powerful projectile weapons or special abilities related to projectile weapons. Highly effective as scouts. They have not only the Magic Resistance ability of the Knight Classes, but also the class ability of Independent Action.
    You could get someone who throws spears into the Archer class.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Have we ever got any hint on how big Luvia is? I only remember recalling something from Prisma about Illya or Chloe there saying something about how Leysritt was also prepared to not lose to Illya with the implication they were talking about chest sizes.Considering how apparently bad ufotable UBW was at showing what Shirou was like (and I've heard complaints from a Discord channel I'm on about how even the HF movies seem to just show themselves as more romance movies than something that focuses on Shirou's struggles over his ideals and Sakura), is DEEN really that much worse?

Yeah the animation is much crappier but sometimes I think in both cases, Shirou was poorly done it seems.
    eh. ufotable's adaptions have their cons, but i think compared to the DEEN adaptions, they are far and away preferable for a majority of users.

Watching deen stay night in a vacuum, its very easy to dislike Shirou's character, and they dont really take the time to explain his positioning at all either in regards to his treatment of Arturia early on, or his actual actions, especially when understanding fate route Shirou's position is based very much in being able to understand his mindset and his past backround and how that has affected him.

I think that would be first on the list of any potential retry.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Well, he lived in the land of the longbow, for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Yeah, I like the personality of the Robin we have now, but I'm incredibly disappointed in the design we got.
    The famous archer from the land of the yew longbow needs to ditch that hand crossbow.
    I see. Well putting aside the point others have raised that Extra!Robin is just one of many with the title, and also there are other Servants with notable changes from their legends *cough* Saber *cough*... I personally don't mind that particular Robin using a crossbow since it ties back into his interesting backstory as the son of a Druid (the ancient Picts supposedly used crossbows for hunting) and how he wasn't a warrior but a forest man who tried to protect the nearby villagers any way he could which involved assassinating the knights of the tyrannical lord as if they were animals in the forest with sniping and poisoned food and whatnot.

I suspect if we actually see the "Robin of Loxley" from F/SF then he'll be more what y'all want to see in a Robin Hood.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Is this Robin meant to be from an earlier time period?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    It's not very distinctive compared to the likes of Imaginary Around and Limited/Zero Over that each feel like there's a huge story behind the design that hasn't been told. I think it looks nice enough but Formalcraft Rin just looks like Rin wearing a dress you could see her wearing doing a very Rin-like pose that we're all used to already.
    Think about it as if she is truly emulating her father and you'll see it. That Formalcraft design is as if she was doing a female version of Tokiomi's steamboat gambler design, but she is a southern belle with jewel accessories, with a bit of a burlesque style.
    Imaginary Around is a very logical end to Sakura's training, her mystic code as a part of her battle dress has evolved as it covers more of her body, the dress itself is modest but down to show the cleavage, a shorter hairstyle with a rat tail/slim ponytail in the back, and an almost priestess like garb (she did say she wants to be a cleric after all lol). Unforunately, no story on what she has gained from the training.
    Limited Over/Zero is another logical conclusion, but differentiates itself wholeheartedly from Archer, where he seems more to go full swords, the sleeve being the only thing that hints to archery like Sakura, they compliment each other's design well.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I see. Well putting aside the point others have raised that Extra!Robin is just one of many with the title, and also there are other Servants with notable changes from their legends *cough* Saber *cough*... I personally don't mind that particular Robin using a crossbow since it ties back into his interesting backstory as the son of a Druid (the ancient Picts supposedly used crossbows for hunting) and how he wasn't a warrior but a forest man who tried to protect the nearby villagers any way he could which involved assassinating the knights of the tyrannical lord as if they were animals in the forest with sniping and poisoned food and whatnot.
    It would be more probable for an English or Welsh forest man to wield the longbow than the crossbow. Longbows were the weapons of the peasantry, not the nobility.

- - - Updated - - -

You can see that, for example, in how even the earlier Robin Hood ballads, the ones from before Walter Scott's and others' addition to the mythos (such as him being a half-Saxon, half-Norman nobleman), still had him wielding a longbow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    It would be more probable for an English or Welsh forest man to wield the longbow than the crossbow. Longbows were the weapons of the peasantry, not the nobility.

You can see that, for example, in how even the earlier Robin Hood ballads, the ones from before Walter Scott's and others' addition to the mythos (such as him being a half-Saxon, half-Norman nobleman), still had him wielding a longbow.
    Arguing for loyalty to artistic depictions is one thing, but you're fighting a losing battle if you want complete historical accuracy since we have things like potatoes and Muslims in Arthurian Britain from the outset. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Besides, the earlier point still stands that this is simply one of many "Robin Hoods" and it's not the end of the world if one of them didn't use the traditional longbow.

Actually, I wasn't the one to bring up the historical accuracy issue, you were. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, let's be honest, line of Robin Hoods or not, chances are slim we'll ever see another one.

Blog Entries
    Actually, I wasn't the one to bring up the historical accuracy issue, you were. :-)
    I did no such thing.

If meant me bringing up the Picts then that wasn't about historical accuracy since they were long gone by the time of Robin Hood. I merely referenced them as a possible source of inspiration by the creators of Extra for giving Extra!Robin the crossbow.

Besides, let's be honest, line of Robin Hoods or not, chances are slim we'll ever see another one.
    Why though? Putting aside we already have another depiction in F/SF, we already have multiple Hassans, multiple Jack the Rippers and multiple Musashi's and even Sigurd/Siegfried coexisting. As long as Fate continues to exist and keeps dumping out Servants on an assembly line then we're bound to see another one as a full Servant eventually.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I'm fairly sure that there was a thing about how "every gentleman of means must practice with the bow for x hours a week" or somesuch. Or am I misremembering?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I did no such thing.

If meant me bringing up the Picts then that wasn't about historical accuracy since they were long gone by the time of Robin Hood. I merely referenced them as a possible source of inspiration by the creators of Extra for giving Extra!Robin the crossbow.

Why though? Putting aside we already have another depiction in F/SF, we already have multiple Hassans, multiple Jack the Rippers and multiple Musashi's and even Sigurd/Siegfried coexisting. As long as Fate continues to exist and keeps dumping out Servants on an assembly line then we're bound to see another one as a full Servant eventually.
    F!Robin for LB6
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I'm fairly sure that there was a thing about how "every gentleman of means must practice with the bow for x hours a week" or somesuch. Or am I misremembering?
    I think that was only for yeomen, not knights and above.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I just realized that the next two or so strange/fake manga volume should be showing Richard and Ayaka's scenes so we can finally get a design on another Robin hood. I wonder how he compares to our current one
    Last edited by mami-kouga; October 12th, 2019 at 11:27 AM.

I did no such thing.

If meant me bringing up the Picts then that wasn't about historical accuracy [...]
    Nah, the part where him being a forest man meant it was alright for him to use a crossbow instead of a bow.

Inb4 our Robin was Loxley the whole time.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    You could get someone who throws spears into the Archer class.
    Archer Cu Chulainn throwing Gae Bolg all over the place. Especially with that ranged option it has that has.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Archer Cu Chulainn throwing Gae Bolg all over the place. Especially with that ranged option it has that has.
    Didn't he also take someone's head off by throwing an apple once?

Don't know if this is a common opinion here, but I know it's not a mainstream opinion. Fate/Zero is vastly overrated. Most of the elements that worked are things that Fate/Stay Night established, and Urobuchi actively contradicts the character of Saber established in the Fate route to tear her down to make his OC(Iskandar) look better. The king's banquet was actually retarded. While Iskandar is right about not changing history, he's objectively wrong about kingship once you consider that Iskandar and Artoria's territories had the same ending. So his pragmatic argument was useless, but the novel pretends Iskandar is right, which is what makes it bad rather than a subjective exchange of ideals. Also, the plot contrivances in Fate/Zero were pretty bad, especially since some lore is contradicted for the two-armed Excalibur condition. It's not only not better than Stay night, it's worse, although it's still good over all.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    >especially since some lore is contradicted for the two-armed Excalibur condition.

???
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3