Page 302 of 617 FirstFirst ... 202252292297300301302303304307312352402 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,040 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure it was wholly Kariya's fault and not Aoi's (who is experiencing a completely normal neurotic breakdown as opposed to releasing a long-repressed posessive tendency with no basis on reality) but I'm too lazy to rewatch that scene and frame an argument properly.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

true, he made a delusion on his head that he was going to be her hero and she was jut a victim, i mean Aoi here not Sakura. At the church he faced his delusions, and Aoi faced some of her own delusions
    But since most people agree that he did things wrongs, what he should have done to actually help Sakura? For a start, i guess not enter the war and not let zouken put any worms on him, but then? Zouken is a tough sucker
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; October 14th, 2019 at 11:27 PM.

I recall a quote that said Tokiomi would have been fine with the methods as long as she was trained, and there is no way he knows zoukens actual plans , even the old man himself does not go for it outside of HF. So, even if Tokiomi saw her in the worm pit in Zero, im not sure that would have affected him that much.

Aoi ? Well, i dont see her being ok at all
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; October 14th, 2019 at 11:29 PM.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    He likely would have found it distasteful as a magus and gentleman, but if it meant Sakura was actually being trained, he would have swallowed the bitter pill. That being said, we know she wasn't being trained in any way. In any case, I like to think he had JUST enough humanity to be disgusted from that angle as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was wholly Kariya's fault and not Aoi's (who is experiencing a completely normal neurotic breakdown as opposed to releasing a long-repressed posessive tendency with no basis on reality) but I'm too lazy to rewatch that scene and frame an argument properly.
    The only fault of Aoi's is that she wasn't a mind reader and didn't realize her childhood friend was madly in love with her. Otherwise, not really much.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Maybe i dont like Tokiomi as much as you do, but i cant see how a gentleman like him would not be at least disgusted of such methods . I just said i recall that quote

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    Maybe i dont like Tokiomi as much as you do, but i cant see how a gentleman like him would not be at least disgusted of such methods . I just said i recall that quote
    That's what I said, though.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welching on a deal isn't very gentlemanly
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    He likely would have found it distasteful as a magus and gentleman, but if it meant Sakura was actually being trained, he would have swallowed the bitter pill. That being said, we know she wasn't being trained in any way. In any case, I like to think he had JUST enough humanity to be disgusted from that angle as well.

- - - Updated - - -

The only fault of Aoi's is that she wasn't a mind reader and didn't realize her childhood friend was madly in love with her. Otherwise, not really much.

So, she was some VN protag in the wrong gender ? Kariya didnt knew it was tokiomi rute

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Welching on a deal isn't very gentlemanly
    Thats not our point, we said IF he watched. We are saying it does not sound in character for a guy as classy see a worm pit , and just go..yeah, whatever

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    But since most people agree that he did things wrongs, what he should have done to actually help Sakura? For a start, i guess not enter the war and not let zouken put any worms on him, but then? Zouken is a tough sucker
    I thought about this in the shower. There really aren't any ideal answers. But if he truly wanted to help Sakura and was able toss aside any notions of getting with Aoi and crushing Tokiomi, he should have not tried to save Sakura as a magus, but instead leveraged his abilities as a reporter. The moment Kariya finds out about Sakura, he has a year before HGW 4 begins. Instead of spending that time on getting wormed he could have:

1. Re-establish himself in Fuyuki, building a new life as a respected reporter by leveraging his experience as an international?national? freelance reporter, his own story as a returning "prodigal son," and the Matou's place in Fuyuki society.
    2. Use this newfound position to gain respect from Tokiomi with favorable but fair coverage of the Shinto urbanization and development.
    Tokiomi and his predecessor made a conscious effort to commercialize their spiritual lands, and the unnatural economic success of every business situated there naturally led to exorbitant rental fees, which were collected by the Tohsaka. Of course, as far as Tokiomi was concerned, the fact that the “harvests of all the tenant farmers tilling the Tohsaka land” were protected from bad luck and natural disasters by the Tohsaka’s careful management of the ley lines, meant that taxing them like this was his natural right. Truly, it was a 20th century feudal system made possible through sorcery. Although, even among the Second Owners of other lands, very few have ever seen monetary returns like those made by the Tohsaka.
    3. In his spare time comb cold cases and missing person's files to figure out Zouken's victims or people who are related to Zouken's victims.
    ... Indeed, now that it’s spelled out for me I understand. There are a few cases where it's just someone's excessive worrying, but in the modern world even the smallest mysteries aren't ignored and are tracked down. No, now that everything has an explanation, things that don't have an explanation are being made to stand out.
    In that case, instead of memory, how about deleting the people themselves? Either by destroying their mind and turning them into vegetables, or by destroying their life and turning them into the dead. The dead can't talk, so there wouldn't be any way for the secret to get out.
    ... Ah. That's right. Either way the end result is the same.
    The people around would definitely notice that hole. In the present day where the flow of information threatens to swamp us, following the footsteps of one person who has disappeared isn't so hard. As a result you would end up at that mansion.
    The phenomenon caused in order to erase a phenomenon, in the end it becomes an action to drive yourself into a corner. But nevertheless if you leave the first phenomenon as it is the fact that you are driven into a corner does not change. No matter how you struggle the thing called a 'phenomenon' doesn't disappear ---.
    4. Go and have drinks with Byakyua. Say its because Kariya's concerned about him having to participate in HGW 4. Show him police reports and newspapers of HGW 3 and 2 while getting him plastered. Ask about how Sakura is doing and suggest that she can be the Master for the Matou in HGW 4. Make sure to record the entire conversation.
    5. Summarize his findings supplemented with any information about the Matou family. The main aim is to show the following pattern:
    "Of course. I am not taking form as an old man because I want to.
    …Look, this is the only form I can create. And it is a poor creation that rots away unless I exchange it periodically. I used to be able to last fifty years before I had to exchange my body, but I have to exchange it every few months now.
    …Who can understand the pain I feel as I rot away? Do not misunderstand, Assassin of this generation. Do not call such a thing immortality"
    Note how serious it is that Zouken needs new bodies faster and faster now. Acknowledge while this may have escaped notice before and might not be a concern now, but if a reporter like Kariya with no magical ability was able to connect the dots, it's a matter of time before another nosy person figures this out. Supplement this with Byukuya conversation so Tokiomi figures out Zouken is actually not raising her as an heir but as a womb.
    6. Go to Tokiomi and raise concerns while showing him the evidence. If Tokiomi does not do something, Kariya claims he has an associate ready to send a copy to the Church and a copy to the magus family that controls Japan (Assumption here is that Kariya doesn't know Risei is friends with Tokiomi. Don't know if knowing the name of the magus family in charge of Japan is something all Japanese magi families tell their heir apparent at a young age or not). The version of the report sent to the family that controls Japan will go into detail on Sakura's potential as a magus, if Kariya actually knows.

So at this point Kariya's pretty much done everything he can. Tokiomi will either do something or not.
    Considering with how important being a "proper magus" is to Tokiomi, I think he would move.
    Last edited by You; October 15th, 2019 at 12:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    tl;dr if Kariya's number one goal really was saving Sakura he should've swallowed his pride and tried to work with Tokiomi instead of going against him every step of the way.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    The problem is that requires perfect knowledge from Kariya, who already also misunderstood Tokiomi.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    The problem is that requires perfect knowledge from Kariya, who already also misunderstood Tokiomi.
    yes indeed
    kariya has to throw his beta grievances away.
    that's hard though
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean it might not even take that.

Kariya had at least some understanding of the fact that Zouken was actually an x-hundred year old Worm Vampire.

So yeah, if he just gatherd up what he could and present it to someone in the Association/Church and instead of being a "Tokiomi, why you sell children?" issue (which most mages would be okay with) it becomes "Tokiomi, as the Second Owner of Fuyuki, what are you going to do about the dangerous Vampire living a block from your house?".

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I know its meant to be a happy times good end where no one except Gil, Zouken and the Hassans kick it, but sometimes I wonder about the repercussions of Iskander saving Kariya and Sakura in accel zero. Zouken is dead so she can't go back there, Tokiomi is still alive but putting aside Kariya's pride she'll just be sent for a sealing designation for her magic. So Sakura's left with a one armed dude of questionable sanity and probably not enough funds to take care of her. Unless he sends her to an Orphanage or something

JP Friend Code
    well according to kariya fans sakura is either a. aoi’s replacement and therefore will become his child wife or b. leverage that will convince aoi to reject the evil chad tokiomi and allow kariya to finally Rise Up

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I never noticed it before, but that's a big oof right there.

Apart from anything else, Artoria (35 years old) is actually Iskandar's senior (32 at the most). She was also a king longer than he was; 20 years to his 12. So really, she has every right to call him 'little boy' and to tell him to shut the fuck up, because at least she lived long enough to see her kingdom collapse, he'd drunk himself to death by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    The problem lies in interpreting the rejection of the philosophy that the character represents as a rejection of the character itself
    yyyyyep

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    well according to kariya fans sakura is either a. aoi’s replacement and therefore will become his child wife or b. leverage that will convince aoi to reject the evil chad tokiomi and allow kariya to finally Rise Up
    Well. Then.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually accel zero is filled to the brim with a lot of "So what happens now" implications. The Matou house just got burnt, what happened to Shinji and his dad? Sola-Ui has already let herself be charmed by Diarmuid so since Kayneth abruptly took her away in the middle of the war will their relationship still get worse? So what happens to Kirie now that he doesn't have his obsession with Kiritsugu or Gil's nudging to help him proper turn into a psycho, etc.etc.

Kirei will likely become his Apo self, empty, but not a murderous psycho. As for the rest, yeah let's not go there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I thought about this in the shower. There really aren't any ideal answers. But if he truly wanted to help Sakura and was able toss aside any notions of getting with Aoi and crushing Tokiomi, he should have not tried to save Sakura as a magus, but instead leveraged his abilities as a reporter. The moment Kariya finds out about Sakura, he has a year before HGW 4 begins. Instead of spending that time on getting wormed he could have:

1. Re-establish himself in Fuyuki, building a new life as a respected reporter by leveraging his experience as an international?national? freelance reporter, his own story as a returning "prodigal son," and the Matou's place in Fuyuki society.
    2. Use this newfound position to gain respect from Tokiomi with favorable but fair coverage of the Shinto urbanization and development.

3. In his spare time comb cold cases and missing person's files to figure out Zouken's victims or people who are related to Zouken's victims.

4. Go and have drinks with Byakyua. Say its because Kariya's concerned about him having to participate in HGW 4. Show him police reports and newspapers of HGW 3 and 2 while getting him plastered. Ask about how Sakura is doing and suggest that she can be the Master for the Matou in HGW 4. Make sure to record the entire conversation.
    5. Summarize his findings supplemented with any information about the Matou family. The main aim is to show the following pattern:

Note how serious it is that Zouken needs new bodies faster and faster now. Acknowledge while this may have escaped notice before and might not be a concern now, but if a reporter like Kariya with no magical ability was able to connect the dots, it's a matter of time before another nosy person figures this out. Supplement this with Byukuya conversation so Tokiomi figures out Zouken is actually not raising her as an heir but as a womb.
    6. Go to Tokiomi and raise concerns while showing him the evidence. If Tokiomi does not do something, Kariya claims he has an associate ready to send a copy to the Church and a copy to the magus family that controls Japan (Assumption here is that Kariya doesn't know Risei is friends with Tokiomi. Don't know if knowing the name of the magus family in charge of Japan is something all Japanese magi families tell their heir apparent at a young age or not). The version of the report sent to the family that controls Japan will go into detail on Sakura's potential as a magus, if Kariya actually knows.

So at this point Kariya's pretty much done everything he can. Tokiomi will either do something or not.
    Considering with how important being a "proper magus" is to Tokiomi, I think he would move.
    This would actually be an interesting Zero AU fanfic premise. Also, I agree with mAc that this would require a way more levelheaded Kariya who somehow knew more than he did.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean it might not even take that.

Kariya had at least some understanding of the fact that Zouken was actually an x-hundred year old Worm Vampire.

So yeah, if he just gatherd up what he could and present it to someone in the Association/Church and instead of being a "Tokiomi, why you sell children?" issue (which most mages would be okay with) it becomes "Tokiomi, as the Second Owner of Fuyuki, what are you going to do about the dangerous Vampire living a block from your house?".
    Was it an actual secret or an open secret about Zouken's ghoulish nature? As in, did outsiders have an inkling, and was Tokiomi just especially dense or willfully oblivious?

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I know its meant to be a happy times good end where no one except Gil, Zouken and the Hassans kick it, but sometimes I wonder about the repercussions of Iskander saving Kariya and Sakura in accel zero. Zouken is dead so she can't go back there, Tokiomi is still alive but putting aside Kariya's pride she'll just be sent for a sealing designation for her magic. So Sakura's left with a one armed dude of questionable sanity and probably not enough funds to take care of her. Unless he sends her to an Orphanage or something
    Well, Tokiomi COULD do what he seemingly did in Apo and send Sakura to live with the Edelfelts. That worked out for her.

Perhaps