Page 356 of 617 FirstFirst ... 256306346351354355356357358361366406456 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,120 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Armchair Freudians
    I for one is still not fully convinced that Nasu isn't a woman, and that female villains are not edgy power fantasies of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    I for one is still not fully convinced that Nasu isn't a woman, and that female villains are not edgy power fantasies of hers.
    So which one is her power fantasy, kiara, tiamat or kama? all three imply fetish shit

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Fate is all about reevaluating the past in active fear (read:avoidance) of the future.
    I'm fairly sure the endings of all the routes reject this.

Fate, he's gotta move on from the several hundred years old lady he "seduced"... right up until Takeuchi bugged Nasu into giving her a happy ending.

UBW, Saber's either "no, this isn't my time, the future is for you guys, peace out" or "fuck, maybe if I keep living in(to) the future I'll be able to come to grips with my past".

HF's about not letting penis worms into the future.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    As far as artistic statements go, that one's not bad.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Really? I always thought that HF was about Shirou finally learning not to let the tragedy of his past/his promises to a dead man decide his future, because what was really important was getting laid.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fate: Leave the past alone. Defining character/conflict/scene: Shirou is offered the Grail. He rejects it.

UBW: Journey before destination. Defining character/conflict/scene: Archer lets Shirou run him through with a sword.

HF: Die to become alive again. Defining character/conflict/scene: Shirou gets both a chance and a justification to kill Sakura. He doesn't.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; May 20th, 2020 at 11:20 AM.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I'm fairly sure the endings of all the routes reject this.

Fate, he's gotta move on from the several hundred years old lady he "seduced"... right up until Takeuchi bugged Nasu into giving her a happy ending.

UBW, Saber's either "no, this isn't my time, the future is for you guys, peace out" or "fuck, maybe if I keep living in(to) the future I'll be able to come to grips with my past".

I felt that the narration of Fate makes it obvious that Shirou would never truly be able to move on mentally, even before Last Episode. That's a good tragic love story, you know?
    Meanwhile, Saber's story is all about making peace with her past before passing on. More than actually changing it or not, the idea that she would change her past if she had the option is a big deal. Other servants aren't that way. Saber needs to catch up on her childhood to take a step back and reconsider whether her life was all that bad, which in the end she'd decide it wasn't.

Then you have Emiya's ruminations over whether they took the right lesson from Kiritsugu. Mind that for Archer, the present IS the past, and it's something he wants to change as well, before coming to terms with it. Then you have Zouken's 500 year obsession and Sakura throwing an apocalyptic tantrum over having been dealt a bad hand in life before she's told to suck it up. The important thing is all these people are mentally preoccupied with the past most of the time. Obviously in Tsuki the past sets the plot into motion too, but people don't have poetic dreams every night about things that happened ten to a thousand years ago, in fact nobody rememers or tells you anything and it all turns up at once.

I mean if you're taking it literally you can't end the story with time travel, but notice how often it ends with flashbacks.
    Last edited by Ratman; May 20th, 2020 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Obviously in Tsuki the past sets the plot into motion too, but people don't have poetic dreams every night about things that happened ten to a thousand years ago
    Shiki has frequent dreams about forgotten past events after he's back to the Tohno mansion.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    He also has different kind of dreams, but I guess you could say the same about Tohsaka's anus.

The way Shiki dreams and the way Shirou dreams is pretty different, though. It's a lot more 'oh yeah, that happened huh', and a lot less 'this will dictate the way I live forever I literally dream about this every day'. Or actual extrasensory visions of things he's never seen. Then both of them get dreams from other people they have a connection to, but Shiki's are just really spooky and trippy and chaotic nightmares he doesn't understand, wheras Shirou's are structured and easy to read, since you're supposed to understand they're exposition for Saber.

Minor gripe, but I wish we got less 'numbers and ranks with no meaning', as outside of herc and a few others there utterly irrelevent and seem nonsensical.
    Plus allows more flexible story telling if you didnt have it, I know at this point it's just part of it but It always strikes me as a bad idea to give numbers to servants in the first place especially when we have no context for the numbers.
    Last edited by Byegod; May 20th, 2020 at 06:31 PM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Minor gripe, but I wish we got less 'numbers and ranks with no meaning', as outside of herc and a few others there utterly irrelevent and seem nonsensical.
    Plus allows more flexible story telling if you didnt have it, I know at this point it's just part of it but It always strikes me as a bad idea to give numbers to servants in the first place especially when we have no context for the numbers.
    They've never given numbers for the ranks, tbh. Once or twice in an interview he goes "yeah, so let's say that E is 10 or whatever, so A would be 50 or so", or "yeah a regular NP is like 6000 but this is OVER NINE THOUSAND" but it's vague and nowhere near as clear cut as the numbers people cling to when they think of ranks.

Also Nasu's a massive gaming nerd so he feels compelled to include DnD systems in his stuff, and JP in general have a cultural obsession with ranking things, whether it be the powerlevels of white-masked abominations, or the performance of schoolchildren.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

They've never given numbers for the ranks, tbh. Once or twice in an interview he goes "yeah, so let's say that E is 10 or whatever, so A would be 50 or so", or "yeah a regular NP is like 6000 but this is OVER NINE THOUSAND" but it's vague and nowhere near as clear cut as the numbers people cling to when they think of ranks.

Also Nasu's a massive gaming nerd so he feels compelled to include DnD systems in his stuff, and JP in general have a cultural obsession with ranking things, whether it be the powerlevels of white-masked abominations, or the performance of schoolchildren.
    Yeah there worthless, but the numbers of 'E is 10' still tells me nothing, what is 10 here? 10 haystacks? 10 magi? 10 mana units, what is it? I have no point of reference

Oh god you just reminded me of how a bunch of mat skills and NPs in FGO use the gaming lingo that tells us nothing like half of beni-enma's profile, at least its a easy way to tell if nasu is writing it.

It’s a general idea. That’s good enough isn’t it?

i don’t need to know like some silly vs debate thing that Herc can lift exactly 50 pounds with his pinky. Knowing he’s ten times stronger roughly than like Hans or just super super strong is good enough and pretty much functionally most of what you need to know, no?

I think 1 is supposed to be an "average human ability" (might be a fanon). But, yeah, they are not supposed to be treated as precise measurments.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Nasu: Haha, yeah. The sure-kill spear that didn't kill. That's the good old Gae Bolg for you. But that was the stage at which I figured out the true direction of "Fate". It wouldn't be about values and numbers, but a battle between concepts.
    And that’s a good thing.

An imaginative discussion about how opposing forces would interact is more exciting than just pointing at calculators and calling it a day imo, good job Nasu
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    And that’s a good thing.

An imaginative discussion about how opposing forces would interact is more exciting than just pointing at calculators and calling it a day imo, good job Nasu
    Compatability is a meme, we just get imperial privelege or musashi void bullshit than actual good compatibility most of the time, conceptual abilities should feel like puzzle battles to me than anything else.

And nasu is blatantly into powerlevel stuff what with lb4 and 5 and how 6 and 7 will up the stakes even more
    Last edited by Byegod; May 20th, 2020 at 09:04 PM.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's called "Scaling up the threat".

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

or musashi void .
    Except Musashi vs Khaos is an example of "compatibility" in action (void vs cutting/surpassing void putting it simply), and Imperial Privilige is hardly ever used in a prominent fashion story-wise.

And nasu is blatantly into powerlevel stuff what with lb4 and 5 and how 6 and 7 will up the stakes even more
    I thought everyone should have noticed that F/GO is not F/SN by now.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Compatability is a meme, we just get imperial privelege or musashi void bullshit than actual good compatibility most of the time, conceptual abilities should feel like puzzle battles to me than anything else.

True that the battlefield is increasingly growing larger, but at the core of it all those victories were still conditional to the specific context of what went on in each one. Much of it has little to do with actual powerlevels in the end no matter how big the explosions look.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

That's a weird complaint. When has Imperial Privilege ever been relevant to any confrontation? Last Encore's battle against Drake and... that's it?