Page 3 of 617 FirstFirst 1234581353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Lolis are fine.

lolis are welcome, but tongue kisses with elementary school girls like in prillya. yuck

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Well his definition is the christian one when one looks on it, Eternal life and all that in Heaven(if Heaven can be taken as a spiritual state). What he was trying to do though was trying to bring it about to early, without all the stuff in between.
    Yeah, I know his definition was the medieval Catholic definition of free will, essentially the idea that free will is to automatically do as God wills without being distracted/straying away by corrupt authorities.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Under the TM paradigm Amakusa is plain wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ciel is a bland character.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    thats unpopular for a reason
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Yeah, I know his definition was the medieval Catholic definition of free will, essentially the idea that free will is to automatically do as God wills without being distracted/straying away by corrupt authorities.
    Kinda yeah. Amakusa believes that humanity is inherently evil, that no matter the situation they will destroy all the good things they possess and harm themselves, thus he believes of bringing about the salvation prematurely thus take away the option of humans being able to destroy themselves. His views on it is pragmatic and shows his lost of faith in humanity after the betrayals in his life, though I should mention that what he wants to achieve is really a good thing, it’s just humanity must get their through their own effort not anyone elses. Really the end goal for humanity in Fate is a mix between Buddhism Nirvana and Christians idea of the World to Come.

also as for unpopular opinion. I like Scathach. That’s about it. The reason I like has partially I really liked her trial quest and I find it a pity the rest of her writing in GO doesn’t reflect that but I also like her from HA, where you get a better sympathy to her situation when you consider it a parallel to Bazzet’s as Cu hints out.

also I like every Servant and every concept of there’s. I mostly wish that everyone’s concept can get fully explored and realize and only get irritated with Servants when I see them get development for little reason compared to others.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

My Opinion (tm)

Fate route is really good because of its simplicity rather than in spite of it

UBW route isn't very good until you get into the climax of the Emiya stuff

Heaven's Feel has good pacing

the cooking scenes are great

the Moon Cell is a shitty setting and the only time it's really good is CCC

Last Encore wasn't that bad

Rin's adventure in Zero was a good episode

Ciel is best Tsuki girl

mapo tofu is a shitty meme but the CG and the scene in the HF movie are good

Overlooking View is one of the best KnK movies

3rei isn't very good because it's stuck trying to be a mainline entry rather than a spinoff but doesn't have the intrigue to do so and it's just not as entertaining as when it's trying to be a slice of life or a Fate-flavored mahou shoujo, the Oath Under Snow movie is a drag and the arc in general just isn't that interesting, especially compared to the characters at play now in 3rei which, despite my complaints, are more fun to watch than a flashback

the Prillya anime in general doesn't look that good beyond some pretty fight scenes in s1

the CCC OP is the best OP in the entire franchise (I say this because Super Affection, the Vita OPs and the Zero OPs are usually floated around as the best, though I really like them too)

the Tsukihime anime OP is the worst OP in the entire franchise (I say this because right now it's popular to bash on the Last Encore one as the worst), with the Extra game OP as a close second and the PS2 OPs as slightly more distant third/fourth/fifth

Nero's voice is good

Camelot is good but it's not the best thing since CCC and certainly not since HA

All-Around Type-Moon is kinda boring, a far cry from Take Moon and especially Carnival Phantasm
    Last edited by Toa of Gallifrey; September 12th, 2018 at 04:12 PM. Reason: spacing
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Kinda yeah. Amakusa believes that humanity is inherently evil, that no matter the situation they will destroy all the good things they possess and harm themselves, thus he believes of bringing about the salvation prematurely thus take away the option of humans being able to destroy themselves. His views on it is pragmatic and shows his lost of faith in humanity after the betrayals in his life, though I should mention that what he wants to achieve is really a good thing, it’s just humanity must get their through their own effort not anyone elses. Really the end goal for humanity in Fate is a mix between Buddhism Nirvana and Christians idea of the World to Come.

also as for unpopular opinion. I like Scathach. That’s about it. The reason I like has partially I really liked her trial quest and I find it a pity the rest of her writing in GO doesn’t reflect that but I also like her from HA, where you get a better sympathy to her situation when you consider it a parallel to Bazzet’s as Cu hints out.

also I like every Servant and every concept of there’s. I mostly wish that everyone’s concept can get fully explored and realize and only get irritated with Servants when I see them get development for little reason compared to others.
    I personally don't even like Amakusa's end goal because as Lelouch from Code Geass put it best, humanity would have no future, and it would simply stagnate. Also, what's the joy in a life where everyone's souls are immortal for eternity? Furthermore, it eliminates any choice to do good, which makes good meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    Fate route is really good because of its simplicity rather than in spite of it, UBW route isn't very good until you get into the climax of the Emiya stuff, Heaven's Feel has good pacing, the cooking scenes are great, the Moon Cell is a shitty setting and the only time it's really good is CCC, Last Encore wasn't that bad, Rin's adventure in Zero was a good episode, Ciel is best Tsuki girl, mapo tofu is a shitty meme but the CG and the scene in the HF movie are good, Overlooking View is one of the best KnK movies, 3rei isn't very good because it's stuck trying to be a mainline entry rather than a spinoff but doesn't have the intrigue to do so and it's just not as entertaining as when it's trying to be a slice of life or a Fate-flavored mahou shoujo, the Oath Under Snow movie is a drag and the arc in general just isn't that interesting, especially compared to the characters at play now in 3rei which, despite my complaints, are more fun to watch than a flashback, the Prillya anime in general doesn't look that good beyond some pretty fight scenes in s1, the CCC OP is the best OP in the entire franchise, the Tsukihime anime OP is the worst OP in the entire franchise (I say this because right now it's popular to bash on the Last Encore one as the worst), with the Extra game OP as a close second and the PS2 OPs as slightly more distant third/fourth/fifth, Nero's voice is good, Camelot is good but it's not the best thing since CCC and certainly not since HA.
    I too like Rin's Excellent Adventure, and the cooking scenes are definitely popular. I mean why would they have a whole spinoff about Shirou cooking otherwise?

I usually see them tossed around as a meme reason for why HF isn't that good, so I added them cause I really like them.
    tfw no Fate/One

I usually see them tossed around as a meme reason for why HF isn't that good, so I added them cause I really like them.
    Considering how grim HF can get, it'd do to have SOME lighthearted scenes. Otherwise it'd be like freaking Vento Aureo, just grim fight after fight with barely any rest.

the Prillya anime in general doesn't look that good beyond some pretty fight scenes in s1
    Among what people is this an unpopular opinion. People slag off Prillya's animation all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Among what people is this an unpopular opinion. People slag off Prillya's animation all the time.
    People on anime boards usually praise s1 and zwei as well animated and directed. I differ on both counts, though I do like the fight choreography in the midpoint of s1.

Considering how grim HF can get, it'd do to have SOME lighthearted scenes. Otherwise it'd be like freaking Vento Aureo, just grim fight after fight with barely any rest.
    I mean, I don't find them to be particularly lighthearted as the route goes on. I took them more as moments to reflect on what's happened. I also don't think Vento Aureo is particularly frantic beyond the timeframe that doesn't translate very well to manga, even in binge reading and especially compared to 7 and 8.
    Last edited by Toa of Gallifrey; September 12th, 2018 at 04:24 PM.
    tfw no Fate/One

I find 3rei great outside of the Prillya Shirou flashbacks.

Magni Beatrice stuff actually made me feel like I was reading something with the right flavor of a Nasu fight. Which is more than I can say of almost any other spin off.

But Prillya Shirou is just a watered down Heavens Feel without any of the investment that makes it great. So that stuff was all pretty boring. That’s my unpopular opinion.

US Friend Code
    I personally don't even like Amakusa's end goal because as Lelouch from Code Geass put it best, humanity would have no future, and it would simply stagnate. Also, what's the joy in a life where everyone's souls are immortal for eternity? Furthermore, it eliminates any choice to do good, which makes good meaningless.
    Yes humanity would have no future if Amakusa went with what he was planning, but just to note that in the Nasuverse that end goal of his is a universal one. Humanity will reach that state someday, but they can only achieve through their own will and it will be when they have traveled through the stars. That end goal is as I said a mix between Buddhism’s Nirvana(Personal choice brings enlightenment and escape from the cycle of life and death) but applied to a species scale living in a situation similar to the Christian idea of the World to Come(Resurrection of the died, humanity leaving their mortal coils behind becoming purely spiritual and thus living an Eternal Life in Paradise). All of that is really a good end, just Amakusa wanted to do that when no one had actually achieved enlightenment yet and have reached the furthest they could gone thus causing humans to go stagnant.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; September 12th, 2018 at 04:37 PM.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I find 3rei great outside of the Prillya Shirou flashbacks.

Magni Beatrice stuff actually made me feel like I was reading something with the right flavor of a Nasu fight. Which is more than I can say of almost any other spin off.

But Prillya Shirou is just a watered down Heavens Feel without any of the investment that makes it great. So that stuff was all pretty boring. That’s my unpopular opinion.
    Beatrice is good, she's probably my favorite 3rei character. I don't really like the "setup" (the part that was adapted as the 3rei anime) either, but it's more interesting than Oath Under Snow.
    tfw no Fate/One

Humanity will achieve that goal someday but they also have a destined end due to the Sixth. The path to surviving and making it to the next stage seems a bit too hard!

I wonder if we’ll ever actually get more on the Sixth.

Yes humanity would have no future if Amakusa went with what he was planning, but just to note that in the Nasuverse that end goal of his is a universal one. Humanity will reach that state someday, but they can only achieve through their own will and it will be when they have traveled through the stars. That end goal is as I said a mix between Buddhism’s Nirvana(Personal choice brings enlightenment and escape from the cycle of life and death) but applied to a species scale living in a situation similar to the Christian idea of the World to Come(Resurrection of the died, humanity leaving their mortal coils behind becoming purely spiritual and thus living an Eternal Life in Paradise). All of that is really a good end, just Amakusa wanted to that when no one had actually achieved enlightenment yet and have reached the further they could go thus causing humans to stagnant.
    Cool. I honestly think Nasu is a little too Enlightenment focused then in that case. Progress is good and all, but I honestly don't believe there is an end goal or a perfect state for humanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Humanity will achieve that goal someday but they also have a destined end due to the Sixth. The path to surviving and making it to the next stage seems a bit too hard!

I wonder if we’ll ever actually get more on the Sixth.
    But wouldn't humanity invent the Sixth Magic in response to it?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sieg was a good protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Sieg was a good protagonist.
    Now THAT is a textbook unpopular opinion. Also, Atalanta/Atalante x Achilles is squicky to me because Atalante was basically an aunt of his. Not by blood, but in the family friend sense.