Page 501 of 617 FirstFirst ... 401451491496499500501502503506511551601 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,020 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I feel like da vinci shouldn't have pioneer of the stars? Maybe

One idea i had was something more about unrealized potential, as notice whenever we talk about da vinci we say he was a genius and 'so ahead of his time' but how often do we ever say what he contributed to any field?
    He was a pioneer in anatomy, and he had interest in comparative anatomy, hydrodynamics, botany, astronomy, and geology.
    Among those inventions that are credited with passing into general practical use are the strut bridge, the automated bobbin winder, the rolling mill, a machine for testing tensile strength of wire, and a machine for grinding convex lens. More futuristic inventions were the aerial screw, the lifebelt, the parachute, the diving suit, the tank, a robot and a self propelled cart.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Ayako and her brother (wrt normal sibling relationship)? Maybe?

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I don't like the whole Drake maybe is secretly Queen Elizabeth thing.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It might as well not be a thing.

EXTRA mentions it in extreme passing, and it was not expanded upon when she had a chapter to herself in F/GO.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I like that.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I don't like the whole Drake maybe is secretly Queen Elizabeth thing.
    Honestly, that's one of the things that bother me when I first played it. Drake, a woman? And that's before I read FSN. I only know afterward after browsing around that she might be Queen Elizabeth in disguise. That subplot wasn't elaborated further in the English version so I thought it was just a one-time trivia and not too important. Admittedly one of the weirder decision in EXTRA. Nowadays I just accept her being a woman in TMverse, the same way Nero is, which helped since they both originate from the same game.

That said, I don't think that's too unpopular an opinion, it just tend to be brushed off.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm more relieved that they scrapped Lu Bu-Red Hare centaur-like model in the initial stage of EXTRA development, since that would be much, much weirder (at the time) than Drake, and I would've struggled to take his scenes seriously. And then Xiang Yu happened, which I take it as a way for them to realize that scrapped idea.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    That said, I don't think that's too unpopular an opinion, it just tend to be brushed off.
    Probably not, but I come from a circle that the majority liked the decision.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It has some appeal, since it makes her genderbending feel less sporadic and random.

That said, with how thoughtless genderbends have gotten at this point it hardly feels worth giving it any thought.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Yare yare...there truly is no hope. Nasu's mind has been steeped in otaku degeneracy for too long.
    I'm concerned because Nasu also said growing up with sisters is what inspired him to write CCC and Heaven's Feel, so there's something really scary with his sisters.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sister (final boss)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Do you think Nasu was the Touko or the Aoko of this family relationships?

Heaven's Feel and CCC show how Nasu's sisters traumatized him, the otaku little sister relationships is his escape from his real life sibling relationships, this is the real deep lore here (*)

*Keep in mind this is a joke and the only thing he said is that he grew up with multiple sisters and it made him experience both shoujo and shounen media, and it inspired HF and CCC, before anyone thinks this is 100% true

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Heaven's Feel and CCC show how Nasu's sisters traumatized him, the otaku little sister relationships is his escape from his real life sibling relationships, this is the real deep lore here (*)

*Keep in mind this is a joke and the only thing he said is that he grew up with multiple sisters and it made him experience both shoujo and shounen media, and it inspired HF and CCC, before anyone thinks this is 100% true
    People can be heard furiously editing TVTropes as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Maybe Touko and Aoko were inspired by the relationship between his sisters, and he was but a mere Soujuurou stuck in between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    People can be heard furiously editing TVTropes as we speak.

Maybe Touko and Aoko were inspired by the relationship between his sisters, and he was but a mere Soujuurou stuck in between them.
    Exactly what I'm afraid of everytime I make a joke

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code

I read that as he happened upon the media that his sisters enjoy, with each have difference preferences, then using those as bases to write HF and CCC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Perhaps Alice included? Now I imagine the Aoko sister came to Nasu's defense whenever the other sisters bully him around.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    He was a pioneer in anatomy, and he had interest in comparative anatomy, hydrodynamics, botany, astronomy, and geology.
    Among those inventions that are credited with passing into general practical use are the strut bridge, the automated bobbin winder, the rolling mill, a machine for testing tensile strength of wire, and a machine for grinding convex lens. More futuristic inventions were the aerial screw, the lifebelt, the parachute, the diving suit, the tank, a robot and a self propelled cart.
    I actualy did my own reading for this a long while back

Its a actualy complex topic, for example some stuff were discoveries BUT a lot of it was uninterpretable to even his disciples when they got his diaries, as he wrote backwards at times among using other shorthand which rendered it illegible

So it took till like the late 1800s/early 1900s for someone to actually parse it all and by the time that happened it was mostly ahead

OR how some stuff was theoritical, His anatomy work is some of his best as I know i think that some stuff he figured out was only confirmed 500 years later

HOWVER it also bares in mentioning in some areas he did get a lot of things wrong when it came to internal anatomy, god i'd have to search my downloaded pdfs for the studies

Its a big blur and hard to find sources vs the popculture
    Last edited by Byegod; January 27th, 2022 at 11:09 AM.

That's like every scholar/researcher/scientist to ever exist since the dawn of humanity though, they make amazing theories and discoveries, a lot of projects, and not all of them are right. For every genius you ever hear about in any field, they definitely wrote some paper or believed a theory that was later disproven, or realized on their own at some point their research wasn't correct. That's what being a scientist is all about, which you come to realize when you work on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Maybe DDD was also Nasu way to show the world how older sisters can be as scary as eldritch evil beings who can completely drive you to despair

That's like every scholar/researcher/scientist to ever exist since the dawn of humanity though, they make amazing theories and discoveries, a lot of projects, and not all of them are right. For every genius you ever hear about in any field, they definitely wrote some paper or believed a theory that was later disproven, or realized on their own at some point their research wasn't correct. That's what being a scientist is all about, which you come to realize when you work on the field.
    Oh I agree, I'm just talking bout the image that people talk about da vinci and my issue with pioneer of the stars

Plus many of the machines people refer to were never built, and could not have been built with the materials at the time, like the aerial screw that people refer to could not have worked with the materials at the time and needs a few design modifications to actually work.

Like his anatomy work is some of his best, but I feel 'giga brain genius in everything' is a disservice to the life of the man

Also has pioneer of the stars.. ever been used anywhere in lore?
    Last edited by Byegod; January 27th, 2022 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Oh I agree, I'm just talking bout the image that people talk about da vinci and my issue with pioneer of the stars

Plus many of the machines people refer to were never built, and could not have been built with the materials at the time, like the aerial screw that people refer to could not have worked with the materials at the time and needs a few design modifications to actually work.

Like his anatomy work is some of his best, but I feel 'giga brain genius in everything' is a disservice to the life of the man

Also has pioneer of the stars.. ever been used anywhere in lore?
    I agree with "super genius" being an exaggeration that shouldn't be applied to anyone IRL, but I can understand it coming from a fictional work because there's a lot to work with using Da Vinci as a person with one foot in mystics and the other in science.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
    Maybe DDD was also Nasu way to show the world how older sisters can be as scary as eldritch evil beings who can completely drive you to despair
    It's all coming together now.