Page 53 of 618 FirstFirst ... 3434851525354555863103153553 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 12355

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, Fate Gil was always my favorite Gil.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    This is a forum.
    Yeah it is, but the phrasing of that was one of those shot across the bow rejoinders, which puzzles me as I hadn’t been speaking with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Yeah, Fate Gil was always my favorite Gil.
    I prefer his UBW motivations. Less "I'm gonna break her with my penis", more "I'm going to slaughter over 99% of humanity so the rest will deserve to be ruled by me!".

Blog Entries
    daily reminder that taiga is a lvl 5 black belt

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I prefer his UBW motivations. Less "I'm gonna break her with my penis", more "I'm going to slaughter over 99% of humanity so the rest will deserve to be ruled by me!".
    Gil's just doing his job as Humanity's king making sure that Shirou doesn't break the rules of marriage by failing to yield Saber to him first!

and then shirou fucked up anyways, damn mongrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Maybe you should all cool off a bit?

This is what you get from a complaint thread...
    Tis

This is not a complaint thread, unpopular opinions can be positive asl ong as they are, well..unpopular.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    > humanity is undeserving
    > Shirou fucked up

Po-ta-to, po-tah-to.

Blog Entries
    That was UBW and the day of the jackhammer IIRC. He was on top so technically I think he was fucking down

:|
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix with a Silent X View Post
    Anime is creepy.
    yeah, it is

- - - Updated - - -

now if you'll excuse me i'll be looking up more bowsette pr0n

Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    yeah, it is

- - - Updated - - -

Fuckin' hell, even here too?

*Sigh*

Go look up diives nice little animated piece, you'll like it.

Blog Entries
    corollary to my unpopular opinion about stories with historical settings from earlier.

people have creamed their pants over the 3rd HGW for years because of how much of a clusterfuck it's supposed to be, with nazis, IJA and so on all checked in. the appeal it has is itself an annoying outgrowth of what could be called the "baccano school" of storytelling (which god knows how many grail war fics have been struck down by) which is characterised by the curious notion that just taking a whole bunch of factions and mashing them together in a big stupid cloud of cartoon violence is supposed to result in a story worth reading - which i won't go into here. the issue i want to raise is that the entanglement of magi/the "supernatural" with "real world"/"mundane" historical/political actors is fundamentally uninteresting. or more precisely the interest is misplaced. from an irretrievably modern point of view - which is what TM should because must be written from - the entanglement so mentioned is only interesting under the aspect of its precise opposite: the disentanglement, that is, the estrangement. through their both literal and figurative occultation (correlate to the historical process of disenchantment identified by Weber) magi - not individually but collectively (though this itself needs qualification) - have become an agency almost entirely detached from common humanity in a world-historical sense. the full implications of this have not been thought through. by anyone. least of all the fuckwit writing case files. only once the imagination of clock tower & associated institutions is purged of harry potter bullshit and miscellaneous anime can we recover the kernel of potential it had
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    yeah, it is

- - - Updated - - -

in most of the art , she looks like a busty Mordred

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    in most of the art , she looks like a busty Mordred
    basically yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    corollary to my unpopular opinion about stories with historical settings from earlier.

people have creamed their pants over the 3rd HGW for years because of how much of a clusterfuck it's supposed to be, with nazis, IJA and so on all checked in. the appeal it has is itself an annoying outgrowth of what could be called the "baccano school" of storytelling (which god knows how many grail war fics have been struck down by) which is characterised by the curious notion that just taking a whole bunch of factions and mashing them together in a big stupid cloud of cartoon violence is supposed to result in a story worth reading - which i won't go into here. the issue i want to raise is that the entanglement of magi/the "supernatural" with "real world"/"mundane" historical/political actors is fundamentally uninteresting. or more precisely the interest is misplaced. from an irretrievably modern point of view - which is what TM should because must be written from - the entanglement so mentioned is only interesting under the aspect of its precise opposite: the disentanglement, that is, the estrangement. through their both literal and figurative occultation (correlate to the historical process of disenchantment identified by Weber) magi - not individually but collectively (though this itself needs qualification) - have become an agency almost entirely detached from common humanity in a world-historical sense. the full implications of this have not been thought through. by anyone. least of all the fuckwit writing case files. only once the imagination of clock tower & associated institutions is purged of harry potter bullshit and miscellaneous anime can we recover the kernel of potential it had
    this is my favorite dully post yet

JP Friend Code
    ugh dullahan how do you handle being so correct all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post

It's not that I don't disagree with this sentiment, but at the risk of being beaten into the earth I have to ask how one who cannot disassociate from humanity by virtue of being a human is expected to write something like what you're talking about?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Dulla's been making good posts lately.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    It's not that I don't disagree with this sentiment, but at the risk of being beaten into the earth I have to ask how one who cannot disassociate from humanity by virtue of being a human is expected to write something like what you're talking about?
    keywords 'detached from humanity in a world-historical sense'

- - - Updated - - -

At least that's what I think the keywords are.

What made TM magi culture unique, I don't think is something the writers pursue now. Imo adult Waver is the figurehead of the Potterization of TM magi, I remember reading very superficially the recentest lore on the CT and it all became like sooo cool there's this ancient magus IN A DUNGEON and all these wacky professors wow it was an actual hs insert setting all along.

Blog Entries
    i think adult waver is ugly af

Ugly. Looks ain't all but he's boring too sadly.

JP Friend Code
    it’s the depressed gamer lifestyle taking its toll