Page 548 of 617 FirstFirst ... 48448498538543546547548549550553558598 ... LastLast
Results 10,941 to 10,960 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Wtf Holmes
    The Revealer (明かす者)

Elucidator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    the Night-Stayer
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Kama is just Sakura ver. 27, still as unappealing as ever.
    Honestly, most of the "Sakura-esque" Servants are nowhere near Sakura-like. BB, Melt, Kama, Protea, even Lip. None of them are, at this point. They've all outgrown that old restrictive framework.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Maybe, but honestly I still could never take them seriously as independent characters. They'll always be just be nothing more than Sakura-clones no matter how hard Nasu tries to sell their "unique personality".

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you blend them all together they start to resemble the Sakuroid primordial soup from which all Sakuras are spawned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Maybe, but honestly I still could never take them seriously as independent characters. They'll always be just be nothing more than Sakura-clones no matter how hard Nasu tries to sell their "unique personality".
    Then would you believe if I say the he tries to sell the opposite idea in CCC...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Then would you believe if I say the he tries to sell the opposite idea in CCC...
    I guess the clones trying to pass off as independent characters only really started in FGO and Foxtail.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Honestly, most of the "Sakura-esque" Servants are nowhere near Sakura-like. BB, Melt, Kama, Protea, even Lip. None of them are, at this point. They've all outgrown that old restrictive framework.
    They were only supposed to have parts of her interspersed between them, and since TM is highly self-referential, they have callbacks to the original or people who are related to the original.
    Like Sakura's tendency towards passive aggressiveness, the love of sweets, the slight sadism buried deep down, the tendency towards overthinking small things, massive depression issues, liking horror themed elements, and sometimes getting carried away when they're feeling empowered coupled with the ensuing fallout.
    Plus the obvious themes towards love and its types. So they are their own characters, but those bits are definitely used from the original. Hell, the Crawling Chaos jokes were used with the original years before Summer BB or Foreigners for that matter, were even a thing.

Honestly, its primarily because CCC came about, which was primarily because of the original, that people even got the Sakura Five. If that hadn't of occurred, in FGO you'd probably have
    I'm still kind of surprised Hariti hasn't been used yet, but maybe its too obscure so the Indian pantheon was the next best thing.
    I mean hell, we got Ishtar due to a joke Nasu made about Rin in Extra, though no idea why he ever decided to have Eresh be linked as well. Probably the same methodology he used with Kama and Parvati ("eh, they're related, it fits my plans, that thing about vessels needing to be compatible, let's just fudge that a tad").
    I'd say the best way to guess about any future plans is still to review 10 year old jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I think if Molay was a straight up genderbend it would be more preferable, the vague implication that the outer god's hit him with a bimbofication beam with that "a body made suitable for seduction" bit in her profile is what honestly makes me uncomfortable
    Not entirely surprising when you review a lot of things done concerning the perception of men and women where TM is concerned.
    For instance, there are a lot of female Beasts, but what about female Grands? Has there ever been talk of one other than naturally implying Seiba gets the title?
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; June 13th, 2022 at 05:44 PM.

Actually the whole seduction thing is reminding me about how in Ooku they try to play up Kama's seduction powers a shitton but I couldn't feel anything lol
    I feel the same with kiara honestly, its like how she is super charismatic but it just falls flat for me, where it doesnt feel like she is charismatic but more the characters ACT as if they were in a plot where she is

EDIT : on the sakura 5, I find it funny there supposed to be like representative of sakura, when i just feel they share a face as there often so hyper exaggerated towards certain traits that it become its own thing
    Last edited by Byegod; June 13th, 2022 at 06:06 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Exactly the intent, like what Altima just listed regarding Sakura's traits.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The point was always, they aren't exactly her, but embody her traits and then raise the slider to max in that area they pull(BB's literal discomfort with herself enough to split off parts of herself into other selves, Lip and Protea's obsession, Violet looking like both Rider and Sakura other than bringing back the Sakurider joke was that both aren't comfortable with themselves but I guess you can also say that Kazuradrop's anti-Sakura aspecs are also aspects of self-hatred, and Melt's inner sadism and envy).
    Which obviously Sakura isn't super sadistic for example. Has her moments of chuuni and arrogance but BB is that way all the time(yes to a point its an act, but that its so heavily done is the point).
    Its why I likened BB and Sakura to what Nasu did with Kohaku's character post Melty Blood/Kagetsu Tohya with Magical Amber. Where Kohaku kinda just embodied the Magical Amber persona all the time.
    And I felt that this might be just something Nasu does because he isn't comfortable with a character that has such a serious, tortured past without injecting (heh) an unhealthy dose of levity. I've said that before.
    I like BB, but I've always liked Sakura more. I wouldn't want BB to become the new Sakura persona, if that was ever Nasu's plan.

I do feel like sometimes BB's alleged mask is her actual personality, its like the whole thing with blackbeard where he is allegedly smart or serious, but if no-one bothers after one or two times then its basically nonexistent, or tamamo allegedly not being a fox was brought it up in extra and then never again

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Play events. Read their stories. View their nuance. It's there.

- - - Updated - - -

The Tamamo =/= fox thing is funny, just never been relevant since, so it—by and large—is just one of those things that remains amusing trivia associated with the character. It's remarkable that it's one of those things that hasn't been beaten into the ground as a recurring joke.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Not entirely surprising when you review a lot of things done concerning the perception of men and women where TM is concerned.
    For instance, there are a lot of female Beasts, but what about female Grands? Has there ever been talk of one other than naturally implying Seiba gets the title?
    Nope, none of the grands we know are female, even the Artoria thing is mostly based off of a years old datamine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I feel the same with kiara honestly, its like how she is super charismatic but it just falls flat for me, where it doesnt feel like she is charismatic but more the characters ACT as if they were in a plot where she is

EDIT : on the sakura 5, I find it funny there supposed to be like representative of sakura, when i just feel they share a face as there often so hyper exaggerated towards certain traits that it become its own thing
    I'm kind of fine with Kiara because at least in FGO she never really plays up her seduction/charisma angle in the present surprisingly enough. She pretends to be a very annoying but clueless human for most of the seraph event and in Ooku mostly just acts like a well meaning servant with nary a dirty thought. I tend to find her less attractive the harder her design tries to go horny but outside her art I don't really feel like I have to. Ooku is pretty much built around Kama making Guda fall into depravity but it's so male gaze focused that just not being a straight dude neuters like 90% of the impact which for an actual god of love feels embarrassing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Play events. Read their stories. View their nuance. It's there.

- - - Updated - - -

The Tamamo =/= fox thing is funny, just never been relevant since, so it—by and large—is just one of those things that remains amusing trivia associated with the character. It's remarkable that it's one of those things that hasn't been beaten into the ground as a recurring joke.
    >Koyan is apparently a rabbit
    >Cat is allegedly a jackal
    >Suzuka is a fake JK and a fake fox
    >Osakabehime is a fake bat and apparently an actual fox
    >Now apparently I'm hearing that not even Tamamo is a fox

What on earth

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    "Tamamo is a jackal" is trivia that's been around since /EXTRA
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

I thought that was just nonsense Tamacat was rambling

Honestly its a mostly one off line from extra, she says she is more like a jackal but they never bring it up after and it feels a bit of nothing trivia, since her symbolism is derived from foxes, her character themes are related to foxes, the feng shui and taoism stuff is related to foxes ect ect

N>Koyan is apparently a rabbit
    >Cat is allegedly a jackal
    >Suzuka is a fake JK and a fake fox
    >Osakabehime is a fake bat and apparently an actual fox
    >Now apparently I'm hearing that not even Tamamo is a fox

What on earth
    Suzu is a wolf, isn't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    What about Parvati?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    She's just a mom trying to keep her family together.
    burn your dread you coward