Page 552 of 617 FirstFirst ... 52452502542547550551552553554557562602 ... LastLast
Results 11,021 to 11,040 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    You do gotta wonder how assets and money are being distributed at times, like TM still has like only a dozen + 5-6 employees right? ignoring the studio bb stuff cause no clue whats happening there

Though didnt nasu admit to not having a smartphone before takeuchi bought him one as well to get him to do fgo?
    Considering how well known their projects are, and the cash flow they've gotten, there has been some questionable things done.
    Mentioned how Unlimited Codes fizzled out quick, they tried out a new system in Extra instead of working within a more traditional RPG formula(I hope all this time for Extra Record cooking in the oven is them thinking over the battle system and such), and with the ongoing gacha activity not improving the engine much (sure dynamic effects during important battles are nice, but..).

When you see their competitors doing so much more with comparable cash flow it makes you think what the hell is going on with the way things are managed. At least where gacha is conerned.
    But now they've got Sony money,there is a seperate gaming division, and we're getting Mahoyo this holiday season, so hopefully this is them picking up the pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Best Girl View Post
    The game dev is certainly not 12 people. Why does it look like it was made by 2 high schoolers.
    Ah yes, the classic "more people = more quality". That's absolutely how any aspect of game development works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Ah yes, the classic "more people = more quality". That's absolutely how any aspect of game development works.
    Well shit bro, a person can only do so much in a day. You need a critical mass of people to produce a certain level of work.

Next thing your sarcastic ass is going to tell me is that, the pyramid was built by one guy who was really passionate about his job.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    TM's small size and lack of growth over the years despite their huge financial success and rise in popularity is one of the more puzzling things about the company.

I personally always got the impression that since the company is still led by Takeuchi/Nasu and not your usual greedy execs that push for constant growth like most other successful companies, they still more or less do the things they are interested in doing creatively, as well as the things they see their fans want. That isn't to say they reject money when it's thrown in their face (*cough* FGO *cough* *cough* Kinoko "Fate/EXTRA is the last Fate thing I'll do" Nasu), but the fact that the company was started by two schmucks who wanted to make a VN together is still apparent. Media made by otaku for otaku, so to speak.

And like someone else mentioned in another thread, Nasu generally seems to lack ambition in regards to expanding his own mythos, and that attitude permeates through all of TM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Uh oh, you just summoned Petri.

Quote Originally Posted by Best Girl View Post
    Well shit bro, a person can only do so much in a day. You need a critical mass of people to produce a certain level of work.

Next thing your sarcastic ass is going to tell me is that, the pyramid was built by one guy who was really passionate about his job.
    No, an actual analogy would be painting a mural, and as it turns out, putting more people to work on a mural doesn't increase the quality of the art, only the speed at which the mural gets done.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

Blog Entries
    You certainly still need a critical mass of people to produce a video game with an limited amount of development time and fixed launch date (or chapter update in case of FGO) though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    fixed launch date
    Yeah, that's always a priority for Nasu.

Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    You certainly still need a critical mass of people to produce a video game with an limited amount of development time and fixed launch date (or chapter update in case of FGO) though.
    Certainly, but that wasn't what he was saying.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    (*cough* FGO *cough* *cough* Kinoko "Fate/EXTRA is the last Fate thing I'll do" Nasu)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Uh oh, you just summoned Petri.
    What else is there to say

TM's small size and lack of growth over the years despite their huge financial success and rise in popularity is one of the more puzzling things about the company.

I personally always got the impression that since the company is still led by Takeuchi/Nasu and not your usual greedy execs that push for constant growth like most other successful companies, they still more or less do the things they are interested in doing creatively, as well as the things they see their fans want. That isn't to say they reject money when it's thrown in their face (*cough* FGO *cough* *cough* Kinoko "Fate/EXTRA is the last Fate thing I'll do" Nasu), but the fact that the company was started by two schmucks who wanted to make a VN together is still apparent. Media made by otaku for otaku, so to speak.

And like someone else mentioned in another thread, Nasu generally seems to lack ambition in regards to expanding his own mythos, and that attitude permeates through all of TM.
    To an extent it can be a good thing and a bad thing, while money for money's sake can lead to EA or diablo immortal tier shit. But a clear management or focus can also really help a company, where i do feel at times they are too lax with things like art quality.......

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    they still more or less do the things they are interested in doing creatively, as well as the things they see their fans want. That isn't to say they reject money when it's thrown in their face (*cough* FGO *cough* *cough* Kinoko "Fate/EXTRA is the last Fate thing I'll do" Nasu), but the fact that the company was started by two schmucks who wanted to make a VN together is still apparent. Media made by otaku for otaku, so to speak.

More "doing things that they want to do", which means, on a whim, then what fans want imo. Not to dunk on them, but a lot of stuff, rather than being logical progressions to their franchises, its mainly at the whim of the creators.
    Nasu always wanted to make a musou, Extella became a musou. Nasu does lack ambition, but that's because he's personally not into working at anything but his own pace. When his juices are running, novels are thrust out, when its not, trickles.
    Its not like Takeuchi seems to be the Kitase to Nasu's Nomura, so Nasu just does as Nasu wants. And Nasu mainly gets energized seeing other people working in his world. Or how old jokes from the past are sometimes good indicators for what is to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Considering how well known their projects are, and the cash flow they've gotten, there has been some questionable things done.
    Mentioned how Unlimited Codes fizzled out quick, they tried out a new system in Extra instead of working within a more traditional RPG formula(I hope all this time for Extra Record cooking in the oven is them thinking over the battle system and such), and with the ongoing gacha activity not improving the engine much (sure dynamic effects during important battles are nice, but..).

When you see their competitors doing so much more with comparable cash flow it makes you think what the hell is going on with the way things are managed. At least where gacha is conerned.
    But now they've got Sony money,there is a seperate gaming division, and we're getting Mahoyo this holiday season, so hopefully this is them picking up the pace.
    We know the battle system dont we, its like heavily based off a certain steam rpg who's name escapes me, it has a similar card system
    Last edited by Byegod; June 19th, 2022 at 06:24 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Slay the Spire

Slay the Spire is mad fun tbh. I haven't played in a good while but those max level runs were pretty intense.

Blog Entries
    I love slay the spire
    I've probably said it before but if Extra Record manages to be a tenth as good as slay the spire, it's a sure buy for me
    I have like over 350 hours on StS and I'm not done with all the ascensions
    It's so good
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

TM would work fast if they weren't making a live game that wants a new content every month and a half a year or a year to make a servant.
    It also hasn't been long studio BB is made. Organisation , work flow , development is a major thingy so it would take a while to get used to and them making the game.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    TM would work fast if they weren't making a live game that wants a new content every month and a half a year or a year to make a servant.
    Reminder that there was a 7 year gap between Hollow and Mahoyo.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Reminder that there was a 7 year gap between Hollow and Mahoyo.
    Melty and Kekxtra...?