Page 556 of 617 FirstFirst ... 56456506546551554555556557558561566606 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,120 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Honestly, I'm not sure by spin you mean originality or not.

But personally I feel one of the prime issue's I have with the arbitrariness and OC added parts is that often times, I find it either not nearly as interesting as the original myths. or it feels less like a 'interesting spin' and more 'subverting my expectations'.
    At the end of the day, these are still Japanese writers who are throwing their own bias and filters on stories from around the world. Often times those stories are filled with smear campaigns, propoganda, literal rewrites to disparage the loser and exhalt the winners of bloody conflicts and atrocities, fabrications, accounts with missing portions filled in with historian speculation, etc.
    Humanity itself is inconsistent, and sometimes we enjoy what comes from it and sometimes we don't. Perception trumping the truth is also a thing in real life too.

Never said you were wrong

I was saying that the issue is the inconstency of a skill that means "the common image doesnt line up with the reality in universe"

Blog Entries
    I see what you're getting at. Hmm. Since FGO is a round table of writers, I do wonder how much freedom people have for consistency of skills.
    Like, you think Eternal Arms Mastery would fit a figure, would Nasu give it a thumbs down or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Skills are a lost cause.

Writers just come up with whatever they want, and in FGO because of Strengthenings, you have this whole situation where Skills change into something that wasn't on their character profile so we have no idea what the new Skill is about etc, etc.

They're just random abilities, who cares.

I do wonder if one of the bigger mistakes of fate/nasu was putting things into stats, skills, rankings and numbers in the first place

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It really doesn't matter.

Just for relative comparisons. Kinda like how in Mahoyo special materials they have this thing where they rank Circuit 'amount' from E to EX like they do with Skills and NPs. But this doesn't reflect what's going on with Magi in actuality. We know that people have an exact number of Circuits (possibly designated by how many cores they have?) so these rankings are just for easy comparison between the characters. There's no reason to see it as more than that.
    Last edited by Petrikow; June 26th, 2022 at 09:08 AM.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Now what happens.
    I will never give up the fight.

Dammit Petri.
    Last edited by TomPen94; June 26th, 2022 at 09:09 AM. Reason: It was a stupid joke anyway
    burn your dread you coward

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    It really doesn't matter.

Just for relative comparisons. Kinda like how in Mahoyo special materials they have this thing where they rank Circuit 'amount' from E to EX like they do with Skills and NPs. But this doesn't reflect what's going on with Magi in actuality. We know that people have an exact number of Circuits (possibly designated by how many cores they have?) so these rankings are just for easy comparison between the characters. There's no reason to see it as more than that.
    I know it ends up being arbitrary (until it matters for one scene or explanation), but the speculations is part of the fun though.
    Like, they have this circuit quality, so they can do X or Y and be more efficient at X or Y. Even if it ends up being just an arbitrary metric, it ends up part of discussion.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd love if in some distant Fate work, it turns out all the stats and parameters are just the Masters mind interpreting the abilities, kind of like how the Heroes are in Shield Hero. And the only reason we keep getting videogame style things is because the cast is almost always young Japanese people.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Wouldn't really match up with Tokiomi and Kirei discussing Saber's "parameters" in Zero but that'd be funny.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Both are still Japanese men, maybe they see it as Jojo style stat spreads? Part 3 started in '87, well before the Fourth War kicks into gear.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Isn't that how it already is? Like I thought Tine in FSF saw it as flowing rivers instead of letters on a sheet.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Both are still Japanese men, maybe they see it as Jojo style stat spreads? Part 3 started in '87, well before the Fourth War kicks into gear.
    Somewhere in the Tohsaka attic, a 10-year old Rin is looking puzzled as to how she can perform this "Stand magic" thing or whatever, frantically flicking through the pages to figure out the secret.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd love if in some distant Fate work, it turns out all the stats and parameters are just the Masters mind interpreting the abilities, kind of like how the Heroes are in Shield Hero. And the only reason we keep getting videogame style things is because the cast is almost always young Japanese people.
    The opposite is occurring. With GO these ranks are becoming the standard in ranking concepts such as lost depth etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What are Tokiomi and Kirei’s favorite Stands?

Blog Entries
    lostbelt depths represented as oceanic trenches
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    I have a feeling Kirei would have a fondness for Cheap Trick

I will keep making friends

I dont care about miyu...a bit, dont even hate , i just dont car. Se is too " cute and perfect" to the level of boring and unlike Illya, her desing is super bland and generic
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; June 26th, 2022 at 04:56 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    I will keep making friends

I dont care about miyu...a bit, dont even hate , i just dont car. Se is too " cute and perfect" to the level of boring and unlike Illya, her design is super bland and generic
    Honestly I find all of the Prisma trio kind of boring.

Prisma Illya is so much more bland compared to FSN Illya, and while people like to say Chloe is more like FSN Illya's lewd side, Chloe feels so one-note in any lewd sense that she also just pales compared to FSN Illya.

And Miyu is also pretty boring I find.

True, Kuro is te funnier one and keeps some FSN Illya energy, yet still a bit one note

Sometimes i wish it was Archerko the Illya doujin wic became popular and official