Page 562 of 617 FirstFirst ... 62462512552557560561562563564567572612 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,240 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Its difficult to imagine a functional red factionbecause it was written wit te idea of Amakusa takin over since start. But if he didnt, Jeanne would be forced to keep neutrality .
    But yea, now i see it, is not te stomp i imained, but red still get morre raw power

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    FGO is about a master gettin every servant in existeence, including ones we knew prior, and seems to be doing fine
    Yes and it's infuriating. I know I have to just 'accept it' and I'm working on that but this obsession with Servants, not just on the writers' part, but especially on the fans' part, derailed everything!.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I don't exactly blame Higashide for going the route he did. Had he kept the Masters, Apocrypha would either be twice as long or the Red Masters would be completely one-note characters.
    Maybe just don't go for the premise of "What about a HGW but with Moar Servants?" to begin with? Just craft a story with Tokisada, have some different excuse for Jeanne's intervention as Ruler and you might end up with a streamlined cast of characters that actually allows you to juggle them. Maybe then you could actually have the coolest Master-Servant duo in the story to actually affect the plot. For as cool as Shishigou and Mordred are they achieved precisely fuck-all. What a waste of two perfectly good characters.
    burn your dread you coward

Not every Fate story is about masters and servants. In prillya servants are.....a card, and case files is just clock tower

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Maybe the Pentel brothers could coordinate better with each other, though having their Servants(Achilles and Spartacus) paired up is unlikely to synergize. I could also see some Red Servants may reject their Masters, like Atalante.

All in all, it was a wasted opportunity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I think master servant dynamics tend to be most interesting parts of fate stories (FGO being outlier since I only latch on to the dynamics with servants that are my type) since it's fun to see how this almost mystical being plays off a comparatively more normal person.

That said, for apocrypha specifically, Higashide cut the cast but getting rid of most of the red masters and still struggled with giving characters the barest of characterisation before killing them two seconds later. A longer apocrypha would have been an improvement but I don't necessarily see unweeding up the Red masters as part of that.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not every Fate story is about masters and servants. In prillya servants are.....a card, and case files is just clock tower
    Case Files has one Servant as a major antagonist; and though they don't appear Artoria and Iskandar have heavily felt presences throughout the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also Kay.

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Isnt Akamatsu, of Love hina, te one who entered politics? Or also To love Ru mangaka? , dont remember his name
    Yabuki Kentarou. He also made a shounen manga series "Black Cat".

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I think master servant dynamics tend to be most interesting parts of fate stories (FGO being outlier since I only latch on to the dynamics with servants that are my type) since it's fun to see how this almost mystical being plays off a comparatively more normal person.

That said, for apocrypha specifically, Higashide cut the cast but getting rid of most of the red masters and still struggled with giving characters the barest of characterisation before killing them two seconds later. A longer apocrypha would have been an improvement but I don't necessarily see unweeding up the Red masters as part of that.
    How much of the plot was higashide vs directions from nasu/lack of oversight? I know seig was nasu's idea along with the character arc. and yes i know higashide was the one to write it. What I mean is how much was higashide's hands tied, as amakusa was also nasu right? So i could see the red master thing being nasu and not higashide?

I am sure they get a free hand in writing a story. Characters can always be reinterpreted except maybe Karna who already made appearance in fate extra ccc.
    The plot and direction is obviously on higashide's hand. That's how it is most of the story they are in charge with. If there's an intervention it would be in lore department. After all the goal is to create good story in the first place

- - - Updated - - -

If you have a good idea you can tell the writer in charge whether it works or not. Apocrypha isn't case files where they have to worry about consistency

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    How much of the plot was higashide vs directions from nasu/lack of oversight? I know seig was nasu's idea along with the character arc. and yes i know higashide was the one to write it. What I mean is how much was higashide's hands tied, as amakusa was also nasu right? So i could see the red master thing being nasu and not higashide?
    While Nasu did ask for a few things I'm pretty sure it's pretty much entirely Higashide because it's a well known fact that Nasu barely curates his friends and likes to encourage them to do their own thing. Which is how we end up with inconsistencies that he brushes off as completely daijoubu

- - - Updated - - -

Like I doubt Kinoko "Yes I will make up new lore to patch up inconsistencies because I think what we got is too cool!" Nasu is looming over Higashide telling him to cast aside all the red masters

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tepanyakigo View Post
    Yabuki Kentarou. He also made a shounen manga series "Black Cat".
    Which, funnily enough, TLR had more staying power than Black Cat did, the only one surviving from that series beyond a quick Train reference was Eve and Tearju because of course that was a plot hook too juicy not to reuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Which, funnily enough, TLR had more staying power than Black Cat did, the only one surviving from that series beyond a quick Train reference was Eve and Tearju because of course that was a plot hook too juicy not to reuse.
    Are the two series connected beyond Yami & someone else being expies?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    About as much as Tonikawa and Hayate no Gotoku.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Brace yourselves......

I dont actually mind "altria"

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I dont actually mind "altria"
    ...Why?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Altria doesn't even fit with Artorius.

How does it not fit? The same romanization logic that turns Artoria into Altria turns Artorius into Altris

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    How does it not fit? The same romanization logic that turns Artoria into Altria turns Artorius into Altris
    Yes, meaning that for "Altria" to work, the original name it got corrupted from had to be "Altrius".
    Conversely, for "Artoria", the original name had to be "Artorius".

So Artorius&Altria, and Altrius&Artoria are impossibilities.

There simply is no logic to it. Altria happened to be the romanization spat out and Nasu went with that.
    You can like it, sure, but it was not a "logical" or "fitting" choice.
    burn your dread you coward

As if Nasu actually gave a damn about the Artorius stuff at the time, its was always just Arta Oõ