Page 583 of 617 FirstFirst ... 83483533573578581582583584585588593 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,660 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

I hate how in Adventure Waver is still the MC. The whole waver and iskander wank each vol get's worse and is boring. It's annoying that we got finally a FSN "sequel" but Rin is not the MC when Nasu already hinted lots of cool stuff in the material books and HA.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To be fair, if we had a FSN sequel, then you should have a more diverse character representation than Rin.
    And its not like Rin DOESN'T have some even in what is touted as a Waver centric story.
    Besides, didn't we have rumblings of a sequel when they brought out those what-if scenarios from FSN with those Shielder story snippets?

@madarra: Yeah I heard that too, but I forget if they actively confirmed the daughter was the one doing all the heavy lifting since he gets all the shine.
    Would be interesting in a few ways.

This happened a few months ago, Tbh i like strange fake but the stuff with flat and i feel like the whole root stuff in adventures just kinda fully flipped a switch in my head

just like seeing both made me fully turn over to 'wow i really dont care for magi lore at all anymore' Its probably part of a general discontent with a lot of the setting, discontent with magi lore for a looong time. Ive always had problems with magi lore but its just grown to the point where. I just feel little anymore.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    This happened a few months ago, Tbh i like strange fake but the stuff with flat and i feel like the whole root stuff in adventures just kinda fully flipped a switch in my head

just like seeing both made me fully turn over to 'wow i really dont care for magi lore at all anymore' Its probably part of a general discontent with a lot of the setting, discontent with magi lore for a looong time. Ive always had problems with magi lore but its just grown to the point where. I just feel little anymore.
    Too boring or simply being too complicated for the sake of it?

Blog Entries

What in particular is just too out of left field that isn't also a thing with servant lore, or lore with the supernatural outside of Fate context?
    There is a lot that is pretty free and loose mechanics wise primarily because the narrative is written with a desire to speculate, rather than a text that has inviolable, hard rules.

Blog Entries
    don't make me say it again
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    In regular circumstances Assassin class is literally just there to be the first to die lol.
    I mean, it may have turned out like that but in regular circumstances Assassin class should be terrifying. Not only are they still Heroic Spirits, even if not as powerful as some, they're going to be nigh undetectable until suddenly your head is rolling on the floor. I mean, just look at what Kiritsugu did as a mere mortal, with no help from Saber.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    don't make me say it again
    Say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    Too boring or simply being too complicated for the sake of it?
    Both, among other things. Like a lot of lore not feeling naturally matching up with previous stuff, which makes me think the previous lore was fluff with no depth.

How you can tell a lot of lore doesn't match up, and how you can tell this is a recent thing with a lot of it. Even if its not explicitly contradictory a lot of it doesn't fit tonally or how they have had to at this point create explanations to justify previous poor explanations. Like how all the information of the holy grail war was censored by dr heartless for example.

It's somehow both overly vague and yet still restrictive enough that the writers have to write around it or create explanations to justify previous parts of lore.

Like as i said ive always been iffy with a lot of magi lore, how there supposed to act, the general idea of how cutthroat there supposed to be ect. But when i see all of the above it feels off, so i get this obvious clash when other writers do explore them. So it feels like edginess/darkness/whatever for no strong pay off, so i just feel shitty and uncomftable with that lore for no reason outside of nasu wanting to be edgy.

TLDR : lore doesnt match up tonally, so that and other things have just made me stop caring over time. I barely consume anything nasu related now because i just dont care anymore.
    Last edited by Byegod; October 3rd, 2022 at 10:13 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    I mean Nasu has never been super shy to show this world isn't exactly nice to both mages and non-mages alike, so while there's ben moment where he does engane in the edge, it never feels like it's to the level of Urobuchi's backstory for Kiritsugu. In regards to new stuff not matching up with old ones, that's just the nature of expanding the setting in ways they weren't initially done, obviously this has a variety of ways it can be done, but so far it doesn't feel it's of particularly low quality.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Say it.
    What he wants to say is, write a fanfic about it. You seem to have a lot of problems with the universe but still some passing interest, and it would be infinitely more productive and healthy for you to channel those issues and ideas into your own derivative world/story based on it. Going in this forum and complaining repetitively and getting into arguments is kinda of a waste of time if youll never change your mind and seems to be real unhealthy based on how you react to it. You could, instead, use all your grievances and issues to write something creative and expose your ideas, not only would it be incredibly more useful and healthy for you, it seems to be a good idea considering you're not the best at conveying thoughts in an organized and coherent manner and that would help you improve severely.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's because complaining is a lot easier than creating
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That should be the slogan of Reddit.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I mean, it may have turned out like that but in regular circumstances Assassin class should be terrifying. Not only are they still Heroic Spirits, even if not as powerful as some, they're going to be nigh undetectable until suddenly your head is rolling on the floor. I mean, just look at what Kiritsugu did as a mere mortal, with no help from Saber.
    Regular powerful heroic spirits overturn fate all the time, so they've gotten themselves out of situations worse than a powerful undetectable force trying to kill them from their bios usually. That is their mark of heroism to do the impossible, see the invisible, and all that jazz.
    Also, Kerry kind of made it due to using his wife as a decoy, having dirt obtained through immense resources from his wife's family, being born with a magi's death knell literally in his bones that can be used as bullets, and the fact his Servant has the perfect ace for him to use which again, his wife's family and their riches procured for him or he would've died to Kirei.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    What he wants to say is, write a fanfic about it. You seem to have a lot of problems with the universe but still some passing interest, and it would be infinitely more productive and healthy for you to channel those issues and ideas into your own derivative world/story based on it. Going in this forum and complaining repetitively and getting into arguments is kinda of a waste of time if youll never change your mind and seems to be real unhealthy based on how you react to it. You could, instead, use all your grievances and issues to write something creative and expose your ideas, not only would it be incredibly more useful and healthy for you, it seems to be a good idea considering you're not the best at conveying thoughts in an organized and coherent manner and that would help you improve severely.
    yeah, basically that.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

I prefer drawing to writing tbh

my grammer sucks

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Make comics then.

Blog Entries
    You can also take steps to improve your grammar.

Source: me

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    That should be the slogan of Reddit.
    Honestly the Reddit mentality can go hand in hand with the TvTropes mentality as well.
    I never understand how people can fail to grasp something as simple as Nasuverse Mages and go "They are all sociopathic bastards that will kill anyone freely and the CT allows them to be such... except for these very few people here... except some of them are just as cutthroat as the others".
    And then ignore when even the early series shows that's very much not true(Mages are actually punished for killing nilly-willy even if it was for a damn good reason against someone who can't use Magecraft when you can just wipe their memories, Mages can only freely allow to kill other Mages because that's literally their life as they constantly skirt death, Masters(who are usually Mages) avoid fighting in broad daylight and around innocents and the rare people who do that is literally given a bounty to get rid of them right the hell now, etc.)

Like I'm not saying it's perfect but I never get that take that Reddit and TvTropes constantly push, it's as bad as believing Mages as a whole are born technologically illiterate rather than just not caring to use it in comparison to Magecraft.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The main reason mages aren't allowed to kill etc is so they don't risk blowing their cover, so it's not exactly the beacon of morality you're presenting it as
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    The main reason mages aren't allowed to kill etc is so they don't risk blowing their cover, so it's not exactly the beacon of morality you're presenting it as
    I never said they was the beacon of morality, I said that they don't just kill innocents for the hell of it because there are actual consequences of it.
    People take that to somehow mean "Mages can kill innocents freely with a slap on the wrist".