Page 594 of 617 FirstFirst ... 94494544584589592593594595596599604 ... LastLast
Results 11,861 to 11,880 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Ah yes, homophobic Shinji-chan seething over Shirou going with Sakura-kun.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless everyone gets genderswapped in which case crazy lesbian Shinji has an extremely devoted fanbase for clearly doing nothing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I can already see it

"ONEEEEE SAMAAAAAAA"

"Judgement desu no"

wait....

In that reality, Shinji route wouldn't have been scrapped.

In that reality 3rd route would be Shinji route instead of Sakura route.

Blog Entries
    I can't imagine the original Fsn allowing anyone besides Shirou on top, so Shinji's personality would have to allow for that. And she's probably keeping Sakura's figure, just to fill the niche.

This is just a deeply maladjusted version of that one Idolmaster girl, isn't it...

That said, the image of Shinji as a manipulative alpha bitch is at least cute on its face.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I can't imagine the original Fsn allowing anyone besides Shirou on top
    the most baffling thing about fsn tbh

cuz shirou is, like, the biggest bottom ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post

cuz shirou is, like, the biggest bottom ever
    Another point on why Shirou should have been Arthur's sheath.

Blog Entries
    I know right

How did Rin not take the lead

How did Saber not take the lead, she literally says "I know how to please men, I was one"

You're from medieval Europe, you can't be the catcher, that's gay

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Saber really should have kept her 11th finger. Would have made whole setting 10% more believeable.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    You're from medieval Europe, you can't be the catcher, that's gay
    So, accurate then.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Wow, imagine if female Shinji was a thing in Fate.
    Oddly enough, Shitaya already has experience with playing the target of an....aggressive female "admirer".
    In another world, she and Kawasumi played yuri lovers.

*shudder* Yeah no, let's not go that route again. Though I can't deny that Shirou's interesting outlook on women could be entertaining in that relationship.

Wow, imagine if female Shinji was a thing in Fate.
    If he was female most of the fanbase would love him.

Blog Entries
    This is true of basically any character. Do you know where you are?
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

No l am lost help me get home.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What's the actual count on genderbends now? FGO has almost 400 servants, but then the numbers might fluctuate if you count Swimsuits as separate instances, or Alters, or all the Artorias.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

What's the actual count on genderbends now? FGO has almost 400 servants, but then the numbers might fluctuate if you count Swimsuits as separate instances, or Alters, or all the Artorias.
    I had to quickly remake my stats sheet for this so it might not be 100% correct (probably isn't).

FGO has a total number of 370 Servants.
    Of these, 107 are alts, meaning there are 263 unique Servants.
    If you were to remove Hassans other than KH (see below for reasoning), you would have 260 truly unique Servants.
    If you were to remove non-pseudo TM original characters (because that's not really relevant to genderbend ratios; there are 23 of them btw, but it depends a bit on how you really count, also we're subtracting one for Ryougi), the truly unique Servants number 238.

If you include alts and Hassans, the gender division would look like this:
    Count %
    Male 135 36.5%
    Female 219 59.2%
    Genderless/Other 15 4.1%

If you exclude them and check against (non-OC) truly unique, it looks like this:
    Count %
    Male 116 47.9%
    Female 131 48.7%
    Genderless/Other 10 4.2%

So then we get to pseudos and genderbends.

FGO has a total number of 25 Pseudo-Servants. Ryougi (at least her Assassin version) counts here. I've also counted very "by definition" here, so anyone who's a host+an actual HS providing the powers counts. That means in addition to the TM characters + HS, you have ones like Hokusai, Bakin, and Van Gogh.
    Of these, and more interesting, 20 are unique
    Of those unique ones, 11 are genderbends in their status as pseudos (that is, the host and HS gender don't match). Funnily enough, there are no pseudos that have a female HS in a male host.

The total number of genderbends is 82, but this includes the pseudos, so pure genderbends are 68.
    If compared to the total number of servants, this gives a genderbend ratio of 18.4% (68 of 370).

But the raw number of genderbends isn't really that interesting, since we mostly wanna know how many mythological/historical figures get changed, not how many alts we're given, so the number of unique, non-pseudo genderbends is 33.
    Compare that to the number of non-TM OC unique servants, and we get a genderbend ratio of 13.9%.

So base numbers are just either 18.4% (68 of 379; includes alts and everything) and 13.9% (33 of 238; excludes alts etc).
    HOWEVER, there's another little technicality we've overlooked so far, and that's all those ones marked as "kinda" under the genderbending column in my sheet. Self-explanatory, but these are the ones where it's not so clear cut if you should really count them as genderbends really, and it's a bit more subjective. The list of all the ones marked as such (again this list might be wrong because I had to redo the list at some point previously and I did it pretty fast):

- Jack the Ripper (as we see in Strange Fake, loli Jack is only one of many interpretations of JtR in-universe, any of which could be true, so she's not the objectively factual JtR)
    - Frankenstein (the myth was changed so Victor made the bride first, so she is "Frankenstein's monster" but I don't think it's right to say she replaced the original, per se)
    - Da Vinci (was male in life, but put himself in a female body on summoning, and then stuck to that when making a second body, just because that's the epitome of beauty for him)
    - Quetzalcoatl (south american gods are actually parasites that inhabit humans, so the Quetz we see happens to have chosen one of the female bodies she used, but she still had male ones as well)
    - Musashi (Yes, she's literally a genderbent Musashi, but she's also from a pruned world that's not "meant" to exist, and we know for a fact "our" Musashi is male)
    - Nezha (was originally male when alive, but at one point they died and was rebuilt as a "robot" female)
    - Dobrynya (it's not actually the real one genderbent, it's just like his wife roleplaying as him or some shit idk)
    - Lady Avalon (a tricky one. Sure, she's "Merlin", but there's so many smokescreens and such thrown about to make us doubt that also, so if she's not Merlin, it shouldn't count as a genderbend, unless she still replaces the actual Merlin in the proto world, then it's still a genderbend??)
    - (You also have 4 alts for these: Quetz santa, cavallo, america musashi, and summer vinci)

So if you were to remove any ambiguous ones like that, you'd have 14.8% (56 of 370) and 10.5% (25 of 238) respectively.

You can calculate for yourself if there are some you agree with and some not. Anyway, that's roughly​ it. Might be a couple counts off here and there but that's the gist of it.

(The reason why I remove hassans other than KH in this is because the other 19 of them are effectively as close to TM OCs as you get without leaving the framework of actual history/myth. KH encompasses the concept of "Old man of the mountain" so at best the other hassans would count as alts, but that's not really right either.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    10-20% isn't really that bad. It always feels like it's more, but 33 overall is pretty small for a roster this size. I think the majority of those come in the first few year or two as well.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Fate/Grand Order is essentially the Type-Moon version of Project 100,000 (AKA McNamara's Morons; a program during the Vietnam War era where the US military recruited people who would normally fall below the military’s usual “physical and mental standards”).
    Last edited by BladeOfEden; May 19th, 2023 at 08:49 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Now that's a worthwhile meme in the making.

That's definitely your best post so far.