Page 432 of 617 FirstFirst ... 332382422427430431432433434437442482532 ... LastLast
Results 8,621 to 8,640 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    This is definitely something I can agree with (though an educated guess would tell me likely to a lesser extent than you). For example, every time they bring up the throne it just gets worse and worse, and the inconsistency with how it's supposed to work just grows larger (resulting in us having to keep adding to that "wiki" analogy that's never even hinted at officially, but just happens to be the only way it makes sense).
    The Throne, the true nature of time as it pertains to Rayshifting/Quantum Time Locks, the Pruning Theoretical Phenomenon, Textures, all sorts of worldbuilding elements that each work in the context of the work they're introduced but just keep jostling against each other and requiring increasingly awkward and lengthy explanations for how they work as a whole (if they work at all).
    Last edited by Deathhappens; October 10th, 2021 at 01:44 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I personally like all those elements and how they tie together the multiverse, especially the Textures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Except that's the thing, they don't really tie anything together. They're plot devices written for different plots each that just don't work together.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Personally, I think those elements explain certain discrepancies that were already present in the setting, and at least Textures are a great way to explain how all myths are true, but the various gods differ so much in character and nature.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Except that's the thing, they don't really tie anything together. They're plot devices written for different plots each that just don't work together.
    Im still waiting for textures to be explain in relation to eachother

Pruning i still hate with the heat of 100 suns, and I still laugh at LE bending the rules of them lol

Do Textures not make sense to you? They're not hard to understand for me.

The Throne, the true nature of time as it pertains to Rayshifting/Quantum Time Locks, the Pruning Theoretical Phenomenon, Textures, all sorts of worldbuilding elements that each work in the context of the work they're introduced but just keep jostling against each other and requiring increasingly awkward and lengthy explanations for how they work as a whole (if they work at all).
    No just the throne, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

I'll be real, the Throne is fairly confusing and probably always will be. It is a metaphysical construct outside the bounds of space-time, so I personally don't expect much consistency.

Blog Entries
    Also, there's a laundry list of things that might be mentioned or have been mentioned that we will never see and I personally wouldn't want to see anyway. The full 21 Dead Apostle Ancestors. All Grand Servants. The first users of each of the True Magics. Not every element of a world needs to be explored to be meaningful. In fact, I'd argue much of the downslope of present-day Nasuverse stems precisely from exploring too much of how it all works.
    I disagree completely. I like Tchekov's gun, and if the fucker's gonna set something up, he better go through with it. May it be a humongous task, in a bonkers large thing such as the nasuverse, he made the gun to shoot his own foot.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I'll be real, the Throne is fairly confusing and probably always will be. It is a metaphysical construct outside the bounds of space-time, so I personally don't expect much consistency.
    It's supposed to be that but the Enma-tei event made it sound like a place where Heroic Spirits can physically interact with each other, since Beni-enma taught cooking classes there.
    I know it was a gag event but we don't usually dismiss stuff based on those so it doesn't feel right to dismiss this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I know it was a gag event but we don't usually dismiss stuff based on those so it doesn't feel right to dismiss this.
    There was a longstanding convention in the fandom of brushing off obvious joke content as inapplicable to lore at large which was abandoned when the line between joke and serious in official TM works effectively disappeared. I recommend ignoring things more often, trying to reconcile stupid bullshit is the cause of much unnecessary grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    It's supposed to be that but the Enma-tei event made it sound like a place where Heroic Spirits can physically interact with each other, since Beni-enma taught cooking classes there.
    I personally don't see that as negating its status as a metaphysical construct because Heroic Spirits aren't exactly physical or beings of matter, and as I said, I honestly don't care about consistency that much. The Throne will be whatever the narrative needs it to be, and I think it's beyond such dualities as physical vs non-physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    I disagree completely. I like Tchekov's gun, and if the fucker's gonna set something up, he better go through with it. May it be a humongous task, in a bonkers large thing such as the nasuverse, he made the gun to shoot his own foot.
    So your basically saying he sets up too much and it becomes more of a hinderence/issue as he keeps teasing for a decade+?

I imagine some of the issue is due to the non-linear nature of most of the setting, as since he doesnt make direct sequels mostly does not help, at best we get things like extella or last encore
    Last edited by Byegod; October 10th, 2021 at 04:55 PM.

I would've thought the same if it was left alone as just that, but as time went on certain tidbits got introduced related to the throne that just touch on this same vague aspect of it but at the same time make it not kinda work (which is bad when it's sometimes a big plot point). Stuff like Bedivere not being in the throne (which on its own is a big wtf but not really related to this) until Camelot, but the throne is outside of time so if Bedi was ever in the throne he is always in there (which just leads us back to the wiki analogy fans use). Or Merlin being summonable because it's during a time "before he was born", which just tells us the limitations are real flimsy even when "outside of time" comes into play. Or Jeanne just walking out of the throne because they had to recreate Last Episode.

Really, it's mostly stuff that doesn't exactly drag down the story it's part of, but that definitely makes you just go like "alright, sure, whatever" rather than being a big hype point of like "OH SHIT he's finally in the throne what a glorious moment I'll definitely remember for its glory" that I just feel is probably the intention. It's like if you had a time travel movie (single timeline trash concept god it's the worst) but the mechanics of time traveling was just "fuck it who cares it's time mumbo jumbo". That only works as long as you don't keep trying to explain parts of it or rely on it as part of plot points. Keep it as this vague, mysterious set piece in your world, only ever reference it as such, and you'd be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Jeanne left the throne after humanity no longer needs HS though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    So your basically saying he sets up too much and it becomes more of a hinderence/issue as he keeps teasing for a decade+?

I imagine some of the issue is due to the non-linear nature of most of the setting, as since he doesnt make direct sequels mostly does not help, at best we get things like extella or last encore
    No, I'm patient enough to wait decades to get some sort of resolution, I just don't want it to turn into a Berserk situation and for there actually to be closure at some point.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let me also point out that before Heaven's Feel, I don't think Shirou actually visited the Matou household that much, did he?
    Other way around, it implied he had done it plenty of times in the past but doesn't anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    There was a longstanding convention in the fandom of brushing off obvious joke content as inapplicable to lore at large which was abandoned when the line between joke and serious in official TM works effectively disappeared. I recommend ignoring things more often, trying to reconcile stupid bullshit is the cause of much unnecessary grief.
    I never thought that was a good way to do things for two reasons. First, the absurd humor this company always exudes is in no way a recent thing and important bits of lore had been sprinkled in gag events, April Fools, joke commentary, and just general fooling around. Second, while its tough sometimes to piece things together, Nasu is evasive enough in formal questioning it ultimately doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Checkov's Gun is precisely what the previous paragraph of the post you quoted was talking about. It's not foreshadowing/Chekov's Gun if the gun in question is in an entirely different city to the story.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not that I ever pretended things weren’t all parts of the same whole, but isn’t that thought a lot harder to buy now with FGO, FsF, and even the El-Melloi series to some extent, bring pieces of everything together in the same place?

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I never thought that was a good way to do things for two reasons. First, the absurd humor this company always exudes is in no way a recent thing and important bits of lore had been sprinkled in gag events, April Fools, joke commentary, and just general fooling around. Second, while its tough sometimes to piece things together, Nasu is evasive enough in formal questioning it ultimately doesn't matter.
    Those are the core reasons to do things that way. If you can't tell your Mech-Hisui from your Dust of Osiris you're in for a bad time.